• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla admin
    • Jul 2002

Mediocrity is a tough sell at ticket-renewal time

Woe to the person in Buffalo Bills’ management who is assigned to write the annual letter to season-ticket buyers about renewing for the 2009 season.
    How would you start? “We have re-established our commitment to mediocrity?”
    Or, “We promise we won’t mangle game management in ’09?”
    Or, “Our players will no longer get into a fracas 20 seconds before halftime while the clock runs out on a probable tying field goal?”
    How about, “Our coach is already practicing how to throw the challenge flag without worrying that he might disturb the concentration of the zebras?”
    Three weeks ago owner Ralph Wilson stood outside the Bills’ dressing room in the New Jersey Meadowlands after the team ceded what appeared to be a slam-dunk victory to the Jets and proclaimed that “we just don’t have the talent.” Now he’s saying that there is enough talent on his team for it to emerge from this dark decade, that it just needs another draft similar to those of the last few years.
    Ironically, the franchise’s Wall of Fame committee will meet this week to begin sorting out who will be honored as members of the Bills’ 50- year team. The fans will have their say later. I don’t know how the fans feel, but from this vantage point the only players who were in the Buffalo lineup in the last four seasons who will even get a mention are punter Brian Moorman, middle linebacker London Fletcher and wide receiver Eric Moulds. Fletcher and Moulds have been gone for two years.
    How does this team get better when the entire football organization is loaded with the usual suspects?

more...

• tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

Re: Mediocrity is a tough sell at ticket-renewal time

Its called being a fan and renewing...
    No matter what the BILLS are still ARE team and as fans if we all of a sudden we don't buy season tickets this team maybe gone...
    Then what would this site do if BUFFALO was all of a sudden the BILLS of TORONTO...........I am renewing mine and I don't even live in BUFFALO anymore.......

We are all frustrated to know end but we still as BUFFALONIANS look forward to that opening game at the RALPH tailgating, drinking labatt's and a sahlens dog..........

We need to support this team now more then ever.....REMEBER CLEVE when the BROWNS left, (you don't know what you have till it's gone)...........
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Re: Mediocrity is a tough sell at ticket-renewal time

Consider drafting Tim Tebow as a combination QB/TE? Felser is more senile than I thought. Tebow is not a pro style QB, and has never played TE that I kinow of.

That pick would be one more disaster in a long Bills' list of them.
      Last edited by Jan Reimers; 01-04-2009, 09:46 AM.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
      X