PDA

View Full Version : A message to the Billszone for 2009!

HHURRICANE
01-04-2009, 11:29 AM
First, I would like to wish everyone here a Happy and Blessed New Year. No doubt that it will be challenging for many of us and I will keep you in my prayers throughout the year.

Second, I believe that Bills fans are the best fans in the league. I've lived in various places and we are by far some of the most knowledable.

Lastly, I actually believe that there is alot to be excited about regarding this team. This is by far the most optimistic that I've felt in a long time. The Bills are starting to finally develop a semblence of core players. We have a long way to go but I don't feel like we are "rebuilding" but finally "building" a contender.

Remember this site and the Bills are entertainment. I personally have a very stressful career but this site and the Bills are a release for me and many others. I encourage people to be respectful and thankful that we still have a team and a site that we can talk on and about.

Happy New Year!!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Great thoughts.. now if everyone would just agree with everything I think then there would be no problems around here :)

HHURRICANE
01-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Great thoughts.. now if everyone would just agree with everything I think then there would be no problems around here :)

I'm working on it. That's my biggest complaint about this site!:nod:

TacklingDummy
01-04-2009, 11:43 AM
The Bills are starting to finally develop a semblence of core players.

Now all they need to add is a couple of superstar players.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Now all they need to add is a couple of superstar players.

Yes, no superstars but a group to build with.

bigbub2352
01-04-2009, 12:30 PM
We need to add a winning attitude, and some playmakers
With Skeletor and the current philopshy and front office
i think we r doooooomed 1 more year

jamze132
01-05-2009, 06:05 AM
Now all they need to add is 14 superstar players.

edited...

lukabrossi
01-05-2009, 06:17 AM
They've got superstar players, but they don't have a coach who'll "call them out".

TacklingDummy
01-05-2009, 08:08 AM
They've got superstar players, but they don't have a coach who'll "call them out".

Name 1 superstar player on this team.

Typ0
01-05-2009, 10:12 AM
I agree HH. With all the hate for DJ going around I still remain optimistic about this staff as this is the first year I've really got the impression we have built something up without tearing down other things. I'm hopefull the offseason will provide more of the same and we get some decent QB play next year to put this team back in the hunt.

First, I would like to wish everyone here a Happy and Blessed New Year. No doubt that it will be challenging for many of us and I will keep you in my prayers throughout the year.

Second, I believe that Bills fans are the best fans in the league. I've lived in various places and we are by far some of the most knowledable.

Lastly, I actually believe that there is alot to be excited about regarding this team. This is by far the most optimistic that I've felt in a long time. The Bills are starting to finally develop a semblence of core players. We have a long way to go but I don't feel like we are "rebuilding" but finally "building" a contender.

Remember this site and the Bills are entertainment. I personally have a very stressful career but this site and the Bills are a release for me and many others. I encourage people to be respectful and thankful that we still have a team and a site that we can talk on and about.

Happy New Year!!

tat2dmike77
01-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Well as long as there is still a team everything is ok.

Sorry but i can't take that same attitude.

lukabrossi
01-05-2009, 10:20 AM
Name 1 superstar player on this team.

1 superstar?.......i can name a few.......Mckelvin, Reed, Evans, Lynch, Jackson........these guys are good and with proper coaching, they could be the elite of the league. How can anybody deny this?

SABuffalo786
01-05-2009, 10:28 AM
I wish I could share your optimism. Jauron will find a way to **** things up, no matter how good a team we have.

dasaybz
01-05-2009, 10:31 AM
1 superstar?.......i can name a few.......Mckelvin, Reed, Evans, Lynch, Jackson........these guys are good and with proper coaching, they could be the elite of the league. How can anybody deny this?

Dude, you forgot to add JP Losman, Robert Royal, Donte Whitner, Derrick Dockerey, Langston Walker, Melvin Fowler, and Ko Simpson to this list.

lukabrossi
01-05-2009, 10:36 AM
There are 2 things that are certain with this team......1.)Jauron should not be the coach.........2.)although Jauron is the coach, he should actually start coaching this team.
Do you see where the problem lies here?.......This team can't compete with him at the helm......and Ralph refuses to let him go.
Sad, sad days ahead, my friends.

HHURRICANE
01-05-2009, 10:43 AM

He didn't ask for potential. He asked who the superstars are?

McKelvin is a rookie that got burned quite a bit this year. He's not a star.

Josh Reed is a solid #3 WR. Superstar is laughable.

Evans had 3 TD catches this year as a seasoned vet with a new contract. A star he is not.

Jackson played great as the backup. Don't know any superstar backups.

Lynch could be our best chance at stardom if he figures out how to run like he did in the second half of this season.

I think Stroud might be the only real star on this team.

Jan Reimers
01-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Dude, you forgot to add JP Losman, Robert Royal, Donte Whitner, Derrick Dockerey, Langston Walker, Melvin Fowler, and Ko Simpson to this list.
And Jon Corto.

Dr. Lecter
01-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Like him or not, Jason Peters is a superstar.

lukabrossi
01-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Stroud?......now i really know that you have no idea what in the **** you are talking about. You may as well talk out of your ass......it would make more sense.

HHURRICANE
01-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Stroud?......now i really know that you have no idea what in the **** you are talking about. You may as well talk out of your ass......it would make more sense.

Stroud was our best player on defense.

Was McKelvin better than Stroud? You realize that McKlevin plays in our secondary and that's why we drafted him?

Who's are best player on defense?

dasaybz
01-05-2009, 11:06 AM

We're you just joking about Josh Reed being a superstar?

TacklingDummy
01-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Like him or not, Jason Peters is a superstar.

Superstar to me = Playmaker (QB, WR, RB, DE, LB, CB)

Peters is not a playmaker. Fair or not that's just how it is with Offensive Linemen.

lukabrossi
01-05-2009, 11:11 AM
The question was.......name a superstar on THIS team.......and although it's not saying much and if you compare with all of the talent on other teams' rosters, the Bills are sadly in the cellar talent wise.....but for the Bills, he's a good choice.
...and the future potential is there.

mysticsoto
01-05-2009, 11:15 AM
He didn't ask for potential. He asked who the superstars are?

McKelvin is a rookie that got burned quite a bit this year. He's not a star.

Josh Reed is a solid #3 WR. Superstar is laughable.

Evans had 3 TD catches this year as a seasoned vet with a new contract. A star he is not.

Jackson played great as the backup. Don't know any superstar backups.

Lynch could be our best chance at stardom if he figures out how to run like he did in the second half of this season.

I think Stroud might be the only real star on this team.

Stroud, Lynch, Jackson and Peters are superstar starters and McKelvin, Parrish and McGee are superstar returners (in my opinion).

Lynch shouldn't get the blame for horrid Oline run blocking. He got all that he did on his own. Get an average run blocking Oline and Lynch will lead the league in rushing - even sharing w/Jackson.

And Peters...yes, many are angry at him - but he's shown what he can do when he is in shape - people shouldn't let their anger cloud their judgement on a particular skillset.

I probably won't do it yet b'cse I'd like to see another year of it, but I'm almost ready to place Langston Walker in that group. If he has another year like this year I will be ready to include him - even if he is at RT. Many times DEs will shift from the left side to the right and back as they try to confuse or find a weak link. Walker never disappointed! Our woes are mostly from the Center and a wish that our Guards would run block better!

mysticsoto
01-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Superstar to me = Playmaker (QB, WR, RB, DE, LB, CB)

Peters is not a playmaker. Fair or not that's just how it is with Offensive Linemen.

Hmmm...my definition is a bit different. My definition is (in simplistic terms) exceeding within your current position...

Typ0
01-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Hmmm...my definition is a bit different. My definition is (in simplistic terms) exceeding within your current position...

a lot of people seem to think that's the case...but if it is then Moorman is clearly a superstar but I don't see him getting superstar attention. Why is that?

mysticsoto
01-05-2009, 02:03 PM
a lot of people seem to think that's the case...but if it is then Moorman is clearly a superstar but I don't see him getting superstar attention. Why is that?

Oh yeah, I forgot Moorman...he's a superstar too. If Moorman was on any other team, he'd get some attention. But ST players get low attention and the fact that he is a Bill further lowers him on the totem pole...