PDA

View Full Version : Thank god we brought Jauron back this year

JohnnyGold
01-04-2009, 05:45 PM
face facts.

anyone who thinks cowher would have come here this offseason is crazy.

he's not going ANYWHERE. he turned down the jets.

we would have gotten who, exactly?

mangini?

or?

so we start a rebuilding project with mangini at the helm?

but instead, we get another year with jauron.

if he wins, the bills make the playoffs, were all happy, and were obviously building towards something good.

if he loses? if the bills are trash again?

then NEXT year, on the market will be:

shanahan
cowher
dungy
homgren

all will be available at this time NEXT year to run an organization.

right now, i have 3 hopes for next year.

1) the bills win the superbowl
2) the cowboys win the superbowl (so they dont throw money at any of the guys listed above)
3) the skins win the superbowl (see the cowboys)

in all honesty, what seemed terrible a week ago seems pretty good now.

mangini...

or possibly one of the 4 guys listed above next season.

T-Long
01-04-2009, 05:47 PM
It doesn't matter anyways....the Bills will NEVER sign any of those top 4 candidates. And why in the hell would any of them want to come to Buffalo anyways?

HHURRICANE
01-04-2009, 05:59 PM
I'm not that upset because I was more worried about having Jim Haslett on the sidelines.

As bad as Jauron "sucks" I wouldn't want to end up with the next Cam Cameron on the sidelines.

Jauron is on the hot seat and so is the FO. They want Jauron not to fail so my guess he's getting some more FAs in the off-season.

sting32
01-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Once Dungy retires he is done. One Colt I wouldn't mind is the ol' Bill Polian( that is if Russ doesn't work out and gets fired).

OpIv37
01-04-2009, 07:50 PM
1) the bills win the superbowl
2) the cowboys win the superbowl (so they dont throw money at any of the guys listed above)
3) the skins win the superbowl (see the cowboys)

Well, guess you're a Cowboys and Skins fan now. #1 isn't going to happen because we retained Jauron. Given the schedule next year, a repeat of 7-9 will take a minor miracle. 4-12 or 5-11 seem a lot more likely.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Well, guess you're a Cowboys and Skins fan now. #1 isn't going to happen because we retained Jauron. Given the schedule next year, a repeat of 7-9 will take a minor miracle. 4-12 or 5-11 seem a lot more likely.

You and I have called every season for the last 3. But no way this team wins only 4-5 games.

Everybody is so worked up about the schedule being tougher but I think it is somewhat meaningless.

What was the difference between a super hard schedule in 2007 and a super easy schedule in 2008? Nothing.

The Fins and Jets will most likely see some regression. The Pats are the Pats until otherwise.

I think the Bills can win 10 games and I think they will have some gap stops in place to make sure of it.

SabreEleven
01-04-2009, 08:42 PM

Are you a Bills fan?

DynaPaul
01-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Once Dungy retires he is done. One Colt I wouldn't mind is the ol' Bill Polian( that is if Russ doesn't work out and gets fired).

There's no way he'll ever come back to Buffalo and work for Wilson again.

patmoran2006
01-04-2009, 09:18 PM
You and I have called every season for the last 3. But no way this team wins only 4-5 games.

Everybody is so worked up about the schedule being tougher but I think it is somewhat meaningless.

What was the difference between a super hard schedule in 2007 and a super easy schedule in 2008? Nothing.

The Fins and Jets will most likely see some regression. The Pats are the Pats until otherwise.

I think the Bills can win 10 games and I think they will have some gap stops in place to make sure of it.
how can you possibly say the Bills can win 10 games, regardless of schedule when you start threads time and time and time again about how untalented we are?

OpIv37
01-04-2009, 09:20 PM

I hope you're right but I just don't see it. I see the Jets as slipping, although probably not down to our level. I see the Dolphins as maintaining or even improving. They have confidence now and they still have Parcells.

I think Dick is good for two losses on his own, to say nothing of the lack of talent on the rest of the team.

I guess it's too early to say though. If we get help at DE, LB and C, this team could look significantly better. My fear is that it's asking too much of this FO if we're expecting them to a) do it and b) do it right.

DieHrdBillsFan23
01-04-2009, 09:20 PM

Russ wont get fired on this team, all that will happen, assuming that the bills fail next year (im not rooting for them to fail by any means), is he will fall back to his marketing job in some capacity. He is a marketing "genius" but as the head of the bills FO im not sure he can handle the daily tasks, but wilson will want to keep him on his staff in his role before being promoted.

jamze132
01-05-2009, 04:47 AM
I don't see the Bills improving their record next year. So in 2010, we will have a new coach and a new 3 year plan. We should have just started that 3 year plan next year with a new coach.

Night Train
01-05-2009, 04:58 AM
we will have a new coach and a new 3 year plan.
Let's hope otherwise but moving or folding only takes a matter of days.

Once Ralph passes on, things will get interesting. Until then, the mediocrity express continues down the tracks unless new coordinators are hired & Jauron stays out of the way.

jamze132
01-05-2009, 05:54 AM
Let's hope otherwise but moving or folding only takes a matter of days.

Once Ralph passes on, things will get interesting. Until then, the mediocrity express continues down the tracks unless new coordinators are hired & Jauron stays out of the way.
I honestly don't see the Bills leaving. The economy is in the crapper and there isn't too many places that can support a new NFL franchise initially. The startup costs would be astronomical for one. And I think you can scratch California off the list of potential destinations considering their economy is one of the worst in the nation right now.

I do see a some investors getting together to keep the franchise in Buffalo but who knows how competitive it would be. Couldn't be much worse, eh?

Maybe, just maybe, the owners and Goodell would allow the fans of Buffalo to pull a Green bay. But it's highly doubtful.

lukabrossi
01-05-2009, 06:14 AM
What seemed terrible a week ago........is still terrible today. Nothing good will come of Jauron at the helm, trust me. He's going NOWHERE

Mike13
01-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Are you a Bills fan?

He's probably a bandwagon *****.

ddaryl
01-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Yeah thank God.... I mean it is better to have guarenteed mediocrity, and season debillitating decision making then a shot at turning this pig around.

A win with Jauron is worth more then 2 losses at the hands of Dick