PDA

View Full Version : I've become detached from the Bills

patmoran2006
01-04-2009, 09:11 PM
I've been a Bills fan and when push comes to shove next September I'm sure I'll be rooting for them again.

But my attitude towards the team became very indifferent recently.

In years past (this decade) I've been "dissapointed" by them. This year, to be honest I am just flat-out "sick" of them.

Ticket buying, Mechandise buying and monetary **** is material. But putting your time and emotion EVERY Sunday into them has been exhausting (at least to me).

I reached a point this season where I said I'm not putting ANYMORE emotion in this team. It wasn't even anything a player did right or wrong.. It was Jauron.. It was the Bills game in Toronto.. Not because we lost, but because we QUIT.

Does anybody remember that game well? Remember when Miami had first and goal from our 9 yard line just after the two minute warning? We had all our time outs. Miami ran for a short gain, and Jauron didn't f'n call a time out.. They ran on second down for little, and we DIDNT call timeout.. Third down, same f'n thing. THREE RUNNING PLAYS, we had all our timeouts and Jauron the pussy let the clock run down to 23 seconds before Miami hit a chip shot FG. We didnt EVEN TRY to get the ball back.

I totally exploded in front of about 15 other family and friends watchign the game at the house.. I swore up and down, whipped my hat at the TV and went on a rampage.

It was at that point I said **** Jauron, **** Wilson and **** this organization. It is amazing at how second rate everything about this franchise is. ITs one thing to not be good enough, its another to pull the wool over die-hard fans eyes with this **** product that starts at the very top and trickles down all the way.

I rooted for the Bills to lose after that.. I was pumped when JP fumbled, due to ANOTHER blunder by Jauron.. I wanted Denver to beat us, and NE.. NOt for a better draft pick, but becuase I was just sick of this staff.

But of course, Wilson keeps Jauron to keep "continuity". Yeah, continuity is great when you consistently underachieve on and off the field.

So do I still like the Bills? Yes. But do I care about them? Lets just say, not nearly as much. .Why should I, or we care when Wilson proves time and time again with his hirings that he doesnt. . When it comes to FO, something that is universally agreed is the most important part of a football team, he's always taken the cheap way out, and Im sick of it.

When you hire Jauron, you get a coach who plays to not get blown out.. When you hire guys like Modrak, Guy, Levy, etc to run your front offices, you'll get Whitner's and McCargo's and Poz's and Hardy's instead of impact guys. You'll have to overpay for average talent like Dockery and Kelsay because nobody wants to come here at market value.

The last two weeks of the season and especially the playoffs this weekend I just watched some good football as a football fan.. And in pretty much EVERY OTHER GAME I watched (except for my pursuit of watching Detroit go 0-16) I saw football teams that from top to bottom are so much better than us.

I dont WANT the Bills to leave, but if this is the **** Wilson is going to keep giving us before he croaks, Im emotionally detaching myself from them so that when they do eventually leave I'll be a lot less angry, and I'll already be used to just getting back to being a fan of good football in general.

DieHrdBillsFan23
01-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Well said..

I know i will still root for the bills next year, but i know that what wilson is doing is only goin to hurt the bills more and more until he is gone, or sells the team.

patmoran2006
01-04-2009, 09:31 PM
I dont blame the players.

THey do the best they can.. I come to grips with their not talented enough, and they're not put in position to win on Sundays with a coach who has brain-freeze for three hours every Sunday.

Its not Marcus STroud's fault he's lined up to Kyle Williams instead of Haloti Ngata... It's not Lee EVans fault that when Edwards goes down he has JP Losman throwing him the ball instead of Gus Ferrote or Sage Rosenfal (they're not a prize either but ANYBODY was better than bringing the bum JP back).... It's not Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson's fault they're met behind the line becuase Melvin Fowler or Duke Preston is our center instead of Nick Mangold.

It's not Poz's fault he was drafted here, looks to his left on a 3rd and 1 and see Keith Ellison starting.

Our organizationnnnnnnnnnn sucks.. Not just the players.

hire a real GM, not a marketing guru, who will in turn hire a real coach.. Or if you're just looking to be good enough to sell tickets, just ****ing croak already and we'll see what happens if the new owners want to have a winning team here or in another city.

OpIv37
01-04-2009, 09:32 PM
I wish I could stop caring.

I will say this, though: I have completely lost all faith in this team. Yes, I know, I've always been pessimistic about their chances. But at the same time, I always had that glimmer of hope that all sports fans get- "Every team is 0-0", "Why not us?", "(Fill in Cinderella team here) did it last year so we can do it this year", pick your cliche. I said before that in order for this team to win, a whole laundry list of things would ALL have to go right, and the chances of that happening was extremely unlikely. But it wasn't impossible. The analytical side of me understood that it wasn't going to happen, but the fan side of me didn't relinquish the possibility.

Now, I feel completely defeated. I feel like this team has no chance whatsoever. The owner sucks, the FO sucks, the coach sucks, the players suck.

I just can't put my time and energy into this team this off-season. There's nothing to look forward to this time. And it really pisses me off, because this team has made it so hard to enjoy football.

ZacGriffi~82
01-04-2009, 09:35 PM
it's hard to commit yourself to a team when they aren't committed to you, the fan.

Tatonka
01-04-2009, 09:40 PM
i 100% agree with everything in this thread and feel the same way.

patmoran2006
01-04-2009, 09:44 PM
i 100% agree with everything in this thread and feel the same way.
wow.. that may be a first.

But seriously, even though I'm sure your miserable because you took a beating this weekend, wasn't it nice to just sit down, and watch some well-coached, well played football all weekend long?

- It was nice to watch Arizona show an all around game,with a good coach, beaten a team in Atlanta that came out of NOWHERE with a rookie head coach and rookie QB, that obviously looks like a great future.

-- It was nice to just see some old fashioned drama and a chest game between INdy and SD.

--- It was incredible seeing that Baltimore defense today and a rookie QB in Flacco so poised. Even though they took it on the chin today, for Miami to go from 1-15 to the PLAYOFFS in one year is sick (and makes Bills fans jealous whether they admit it or not)

-- and watching the Philly/Minn game was like a star showcase.. AP, McNab, Allen, Dawkins, Westbrook all making big plays like they are SUPPOSED too.

Sometimes, watching the Bills for 16 straight weeks makes you forget how good football can actually be when the playoffs start.

LABillsFan
01-04-2009, 09:53 PM
For the first time EVER, I gave up this year. I watched the SD game then couldn't watch the next few because of commitments. I tuned in the Cleveland game and that was the last that I watched. I checked the scores every Sunday, but couldn't watch. I literally just said the heck with them. I still don't care.

I lived through the 70's teams and watched as Ralph did the same as he is doing now. Not committing to winning and pointing the finger at everyone else but himself.

I'm done with the team, I have no other team that I can root for with such passion so I'll stick with the Sab's and the Sharks and until hockey starts next year, I'll be doing things for myself on Sunday afternoon rather than watch the Bills.

Mudflap1
01-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Great post Pat. It pretty much sums up how I feel too. I support and will root for the team, because I'm stuck with them, but Wilson and co. have really killed my spirit. It's almost as if I'm indifferent to the draft and free agency at this point, because I feel they will probably just screw things up or take the cheap way out anyway.

The Buffalo Bills = the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL.

Jon

more cowbell
01-04-2009, 10:56 PM
couldnt of said it any better myself.

its the definition of insanity (being a bills fan)...we keep coming back to the same thing expecting different results

BidsJr
01-04-2009, 10:57 PM
I've been a Bills fan and when push comes to shove next September I'm sure I'll be rooting for them again.

In years past (this decade) I've been "dissapointed" by them. This year, to be honest I am just flat-out "sick" of them.

Ticket buying, Mechandise buying and monetary **** is material. But putting your time and emotion EVERY Sunday into them has been exhausting (at least to me).

I reached a point this season where I said I'm not putting ANYMORE emotion in this team. It wasn't even anything a player did right or wrong.. It was Jauron.. It was the Bills game in Toronto.. Not because we lost, but because we QUIT.

Does anybody remember that game well? Remember when Miami had first and goal from our 9 yard line just after the two minute warning? We had all our time outs. Miami ran for a short gain, and Jauron didn't f'n call a time out.. They ran on second down for little, and we DIDNT call timeout.. Third down, same f'n thing. THREE RUNNING PLAYS, we had all our timeouts and Jauron the pussy let the clock run down to 23 seconds before Miami hit a chip shot FG. We didnt EVEN TRY to get the ball back.

I totally exploded in front of about 15 other family and friends watchign the game at the house.. I swore up and down, whipped my hat at the TV and went on a rampage.

It was at that point I said **** Jauron, **** Wilson and **** this organization. It is amazing at how second rate everything about this franchise is. ITs one thing to not be good enough, its another to pull the wool over die-hard fans eyes with this **** product that starts at the very top and trickles down all the way.

I rooted for the Bills to lose after that.. I was pumped when JP fumbled, due to ANOTHER blunder by Jauron.. I wanted Denver to beat us, and NE.. NOt for a better draft pick, but becuase I was just sick of this staff.

But of course, Wilson keeps Jauron to keep "continuity". Yeah, continuity is great when you consistently underachieve on and off the field.

So do I still like the Bills? Yes. But do I care about them? Lets just say, not nearly as much. .Why should I, or we care when Wilson proves time and time again with his hirings that he doesnt. . When it comes to FO, something that is universally agreed is the most important part of a football team, he's always taken the cheap way out, and Im sick of it.

When you hire Jauron, you get a coach who plays to not get blown out.. When you hire guys like Modrak, Guy, Levy, etc to run your front offices, you'll get Whitner's and McCargo's and Poz's and Hardy's instead of impact guys. You'll have to overpay for average talent like Dockery and Kelsay because nobody wants to come here at market value.

The last two weeks of the season and especially the playoffs this weekend I just watched some good football as a football fan.. And in pretty much EVERY OTHER GAME I watched (except for my pursuit of watching Detroit go 0-16) I saw football teams that from top to bottom are so much better than us.

I dont WANT the Bills to leave, but if this is the **** Wilson is going to keep giving us before he croaks, Im emotionally detaching myself from them so that when they do eventually leave I'll be a lot less angry, and I'll already be used to just getting back to being a fan of good football in general.

You need to see a doctor.

ronholm78
01-05-2009, 01:59 AM
This is the most logical post I have ever seen, This is well put!

Michael82
01-05-2009, 02:33 AM
I'm sorry. But I can't just quit on the team. Yes, I am pissed off. I'm mad at Ralph for not making any changes. However, I am a Bills fan and will get excited about the team by March and April like I always do. I will go to training camp and get pumped up for the season. That's part of what being a fan is all about. It's not something that you can easily turn on or off. :gobills:

lukabrossi
01-05-2009, 06:29 AM
Think about this........the Bills beat the Chargers AND Denver this season........and then both of these teams found themselves playing each other for the AFCWEST divisional game?.....i mean, it doesn't even make sense to me if you actually consider the enormity of such a loss of a season for the Bills with Jauron at the helm......and his "bend, but don't break attitude".........it's more like "bend over and take it".
I have spoken.

HHURRICANE
01-05-2009, 07:02 AM
To be honest, I don't feel like going to the playoffs so we can look like Miami did yesterday. They looked like the wild card team and probably was based on the crap schedule they played, like us.

The Bills keep putting a JV roster out there and you all expect Jauron to work miracles with it. This team has to play near perfect to win a game. Even the wins end up being nail biters.

I do agree with Pat that Modrak and company would do better by taking a dart and throwing it at the board. How did we end up with Hardy when other rookies have been way more productive?

I also think that injuries, once again, screwed this team. Crowell, Schobel, Butler, Reed, Yobouty all contributed to our slide after going 5-1.

Mikey asked me my thoughts on the first Jets game before we took the field and I told him that I felt without Reed we could lose that game. We did at home and Reed was a huge reason why.

The team needs better talent. The drafts have been terrible and only look a little better because Donohoe was so awful.

X-Era
01-05-2009, 07:15 AM

I may not agree with some of your opinions, but I am with you... I am more detached than ever. And its from the virtually certainty of mediocrity as long as Ralph's alive. I still hold out hope, but its dimly lit at this point.

Ralh and company get a chance every offseason to make us significantly better and every year they flounder their chance but still manage to "sell" us that next year we will be better.

Jan Reimers
01-05-2009, 08:27 AM
I'm sorry. But I can't just quit on the team. Yes, I am pissed off. I'm mad at Ralph for not making any changes. However, I am a Bills fan and will get excited about the team by March and April like I always do. I will go to training camp and get pumped up for the season. That's part of what being a fan is all about. It's not something that you can easily turn on or off. :gobills:
That's about the way I feel, Mikey, even though my level of disappointment, disgust, frustration and anger are at an all-time high. I'll root like hell for them like I always do, but I'm going to keep my expectations low, because I don't have any confidence in Jauron, the FO or the current talent level.

Maybe I'll feel a little more optimistic after free agency and the draft, though.

Novacane
01-05-2009, 08:45 AM
I feel the same way. I really can't stand the people in this organization right now. I'm sick of mediocrity being acceptable. As the draft approaches I'll accept the fact we're keeping a loser coaching staff around for another year and I'll get interested again. Of course I'll keep rooting for them and by summer I'll probably have convinced myself they have a chance next year. Deep down inside though I know that until Ralph is gone we're never going to go where we as fans hope to go.

don137
01-05-2009, 09:04 AM
I will always be a Bills fan as long as they are Buffalo but I have accepted the fact that Ralph does not care about winning. As a result if he does care about winning why should I support the team financially? I will root for them, I will watch them but I am not expecting them to be competitive as long as Ralph Wilson owns this team.
His excuse of keeping continuity is a crock. The only continuity he wants is to continue to make money even if it means putting an inferior product on the field as well as one of the worst front offices in the league because he does not want to make the sacrifice financially.

ddaryl
01-05-2009, 09:10 AM
I won't quit on the team, but I will detatch myself from it somewhat... No use getting emotionally involved in something when you know it will let you down.

I won't buy the Sunday ticket next year without MAJOR upgrades in talent, but I will still keep a daily eye on them as always.

blackonyx89
01-05-2009, 09:14 AM
I won't quit on the team, but I will detatch myself from it somewhat... No use getting emotionally involved in something when you know it will let you down.

I won't buy the Sunday ticket next year without MAJOR upgrades in talent, but I will still keep a daily eye on them as always.

As a Detroit Lion fan....NOT! I'm a lukewarm fan of the Bills, have been for 27years and I'm so frustrated with the organization that I'm not putting all my energy in this team like I did back in the early 90's. Excuse the Detroit Lions fan, a person from the short bus did this. LOL!
:D:

:poop:

bflobarry
01-05-2009, 09:56 AM
I will always be a Bills fan as long as they are Buffalo but I have accepted the fact that Ralph does not care about winning. As a result if he does care about winning why should I support the team financially? I will root for them, I will watch them but I am not expecting them to be competitive as long as Ralph Wilson owns this team.
His excuse of keeping continuity is a crock. The only continuity he wants is to continue to make money even if it means putting an inferior product on the field as well as one of the worst front offices in the league because he does not want to make the sacrifice financially.
We have a winner!....I agree w/ this and most everything else in this thread. We all love our Bills, but Ralph has just sucker punched the life out of our irrational support for this organization. He has said, w/ the retention of "The Corpse", that winning is secondary to not spending his beloved $. He is very obviously content to accept mediocrity, as long as he keeps piling up his cash, and, not insignificantly, keep his meddling nose in every decision. No "real" coach or GM would wants to operate under his thumb(see: Butler, John; Smith, AJ; and Polian, Bill; and even at the end; Levy, Marv).We're stuck w/ this meddling cheapskate, and when he dies, our team will be gone. So, "enjoy" it as best you can now, 'cuz the fuse is lit.....