PDA

View Full Version : The New "Dick Jauron Formula" for predicting

patmoran2006
01-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Next year, when the season starts and I look at our roster and schedule to peice together what I think our record will be, I will forever include the "Dick Jauron" factor.

I wont look to if we signed a bunch of quality FA's or none.. Seriously, whether we bring back Sam Aiken or we go out and sign Suggs, Dawkins and Haynesworth-- I'm not basing it on that anymore.

I won't factor in how the draft went.

I will instead remember this season VERY well and use the Dick Jauron formula, and for every game next year I will taken into consideration.

* One stupid challenge
* One third and inches where we run a play with nobody in the backfield.
* Count on having fewer than 2 time outs with 12 minutes left in a half.
* Count on not trying to score before a half.
* At least one play call everyone here will be talking about the next day.
* 3-5 times our coordinators literally outsmart THEMSELVES.
* Injuries pile up due to the padless "camp Jauron" summer.
* Losing a December game in bad weather at home because Jauron likes to practice indoors (in Buffalo!) when it gets nippy outside.

SO add that up, and how ever many wins you think the Bills will win next year based on their roster, subtract no less than THREE due to the Dick Jauron factor. And Im being generous, the number is more likely four, the equivalant of one-quarter of the season.

So if you think they're an 8-8 team right now with this roster, pencil them in at 5-11 in Vegas right now.

patmoran2006
01-04-2009, 09:45 PM
that means if we want to make the playoffs you better think we're goign to be 13-3 next year.

Mr. Pink
01-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Well, with our schedule and talent base for next season, as of now I see us being 4-12...obviously this will change when all the offseason moves are made a little BUT does this mean I should think they'll be 0-16 right now?

patmoran2006
01-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Well, with our schedule and talent base for next season, as of now I see us being 4-12...obviously this will change when all the offseason moves are made a little BUT does this mean I should think they'll be 0-16 right now?
No,
I forgot one other rule.

If the team we are playing is pathetic on offense and defense, we will still beat them and the Jauron formula is tossed.

Jauron is good at beating the absolute bottom feeders of the league.

eyedog
01-04-2009, 10:18 PM
I don't know what the record will be, but I am confident that this team will not make the play-offs until Jauron is out of here.

tat2dmike77
01-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Until it changes 7-9 is the standard not a trend.

DrGraves
01-04-2009, 11:51 PM
doesnt having jauron mean automatically going 7-9?

jamze132
01-05-2009, 04:27 AM
Looking at our schedule next year and taking the "Jauron factor" into account, I see -4 wins and 16 losses. Yes that's negative 4 wins. Though it seems impossible to lose more than 16 regular season games, I figured if anyone can pull it off, it's Dick Jauron.

lukabrossi
01-05-2009, 06:19 AM
....and don't forget about giving up touchdowns on the opening drives of games.

ddaryl
01-05-2009, 09:14 AM
This year we had a 10-6 team but the Dick factor gave us a 7-9 team...

SO for us to make the playoffs at 10-6 we need a 13-3 team... and for us to actually win a superbowl we will need a 20-0 team not including playoffs (which is impossible just like the Bills winning a superbowl with Dick as HC and Ralph at the helm)

Typ0
01-05-2009, 10:09 AM
IF we get good QB play we will win the division next year.

Mudflap1
01-05-2009, 11:30 AM
You forgot that the Bills will lost to basically every team that ends up with a winning record at the end of the season.

Jon

ddaryl
01-05-2009, 11:40 AM
IF we get good QB play we will win the division next year.

I disagree...

Our QB (Trent) play for the most part was enough to win the division...

It had more so to do with injuries and craptastic coaching. We could easily chalk up 2 - 3 wins with a better coached team and the pathetic gametime decisions made. AND injuries too to many key players and the stupid use of IR by the team cost us as well.

Typ0
01-05-2009, 12:12 PM
TE did not play entire games and tanked a few games as well. JPs performance was status quo for JP which meant over 1/2 losses. Put it all together and you do not end up winning the division. It's pretty clear TE tanked the first Miami game and the team didn't show up for the second and the QB was bad. JP fumbled away the JET game you can blame that on the coach and we'll have to disagree about that...a fifth year player has to know to throw the ball there not run around with it. The qb hurt our efforts to win these games...I'm not even asking the QB to win them for us just not to hurt our efforts!