PDA

View Full Version : Career Year

ghz in pittsburgh
01-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Did we have any this year?

I know Peters made the pro-ball. But I don't think it's his best year.

The one I can think of is Fred Jackson. I don't know he can take the pounding as a #1 back in this league. For a backup player, I think this might be as good as he gets.

On positive thinking, that gives me hope because we have so many young players. I'd look out for Mcgee too because 2009 will be his contract year.

Jan Reimers
01-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Jackson and Josh Reed had very good years. Scott was better on D than many of us anticipated. But it was not a great year for career performances.

BlackMetalNinja
01-05-2009, 10:24 AM
I would agree about Josh Reed too... If he was healthy all season, it definitely would have been his most productive season. Might be anyways, I haven't looked at the numbers.

HHURRICANE
01-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Fred Jackson should be the starter and Lynch should be the backup.

BlackMetalNinja
01-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Fred Jackson should be the starter and Lynch should be the backup.We've done that thread once already...

hydro
01-05-2009, 10:42 AM
We've done that thread once already...

Only once? :headscrat

TacklingDummy
01-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Fred Jackson should be the starter and Lynch should be the backup.
:clap:

Or even traded for a low 1st round pick.

Could you imagine what the Bills could do with the...

11th pick
19th Pick (Lynch to TB for 1st round pick)
38th pick (Peters to Bengals for 2nd round pick and C.Johnson)
43rd pick

The Bills could be set for years to come.

Pinkerton Security
01-05-2009, 11:01 AM

11th pick
43rd pick

and we may as well try to trade Schobel for a first as well, since we;re dealing with ridiculously impossible trades.

TacklingDummy
01-05-2009, 11:05 AM
and we may as well try to trade Schobel for a first as well, since we;re dealing with ridiculously impossible trades.

I mentioned trading Schobel for a first rounder a few years ago. In hindsight, I was right.

What is ridiculously impossible about those trades?

The Bengals could use a T and alot of drafts I seen have them drafting one in the first round.

Also the Bucs could use a running back. Would Lynch not be worth the 19th pick to them?

PECKERWOOD
01-05-2009, 11:07 AM

11th pick
43rd pick

How's that one Aerosmith song go? Dream on??

BTW, I'd NEVER trade Lynch. He is a bonafide stud and well respected by players, coaches and fans.

dasaybz
01-05-2009, 11:09 AM

11th pick
43rd pick

Yup, I could imagine what they would do...

Whitner
McCargo
Losman
Poz

whoopty do

TacklingDummy
01-05-2009, 11:14 AM
BTW, I'd NEVER trade Lynch. He is a bonafide stud and well respected by players, coaches and fans.

And yet his backup played better than him. The Bills do not have the luxury right now to carry 2 good running backs on the roster. If there is value to trading Lynch to upgrade another position than you trade him. Unless of course you love being medicore.

Pinkerton Security
01-05-2009, 11:39 AM
I mentioned trading Schobel for a first rounder a few years ago. In hindsight, I was right.

What is ridiculously impossible about those trades?

The Bengals could use a T and alot of drafts I seen have them drafting one in the first round.

Also the Bucs could use a running back. Would Lynch not be worth the 19th pick to them?

honestly, no. I'll try to be fair - Peters for a first, straight up, may be fair. its tough to find very good offensive linemen, and he is a known commodity.

I wont throw the "rb's are a dime a dozen" line, but not many RB's are going to garner a first rounder in a trade, and certainly not lynch.

I could see us getting a 2nd and a first out of lynch and peters. However, I wouldnt trade them. Peters is gonna get paid wherever he plays, even if its here. I hope it is here, because I dont want to suddenly be in the position Cincy's in now: in need of a tackle to guard the QBs backside. If it comes to the point where he wants out and demands a trade, thats the only point where I'd get rid of him. as for Lynch, kinda the same thing, though RB's are easier to find. Still, hes a very good back, and I dont think we need to go through the pain of trying to replace him.

ddaryl
01-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Trent Edwards had a career year too...

although it was his 1st full season starting...

Reed was the standout for starters, Fred Jackson was the standout for guys making a name coming off the bench.

TacklingDummy
01-05-2009, 12:15 PM
I wont throw the "rb's are a dime a dozen" line, but not many RB's are going to garner a first rounder in a trade, and certainly not lynch.

Agreed. That's why I tried to find the the lowest team in the 1st round who might need a running back.

Dr. Lecter
01-05-2009, 12:16 PM
McKelvin did as a kick returner.

Vanilla Thunder
01-06-2009, 04:23 PM
what is teh love affari with chad johnson? i watch him play the steelers twice a year dude hasnt done anything for years but drop passes and cry

PECKERWOOD
01-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Robert Royal? http://www.nfl.com/players/robertroyal/careerstats?id=ROY426540

Look! 24 yards per game! That's about how much our starting WR averages!

:ontome:

jamze132
01-07-2009, 04:40 AM
McKelvin did as a kick returner.
I think he's going to be even better next year, barring any injuries.

Crazygoo
01-07-2009, 04:59 AM
Robert Royal? http://www.nfl.com/players/robertroyal/careerstats?id=ROY426540

Look! 24 yards per game! That's about how much our starting WR averages!

:ontome:

For every catch Royal has he is good for 2 maybe 3 drops

justasportsfan
01-07-2009, 10:51 AM
the entire team had a career year. they went 0-6 in the division. They have achieved something they never did before and that was go 5-1 ,miss the playoffs and finish last in the division.

Our team also gave players like Ginn Jr. their career years under a coach who's supposedly a defensive mind. We gave a rookie his 1st td amongst others.

Yup, this coaching staff has built a winning culture ........ FOR OTHER TEAMS/PLAYERS

THe entire league is happy they are still intact. More career years coming their way.

Buffalogic
01-07-2009, 11:37 AM

11th pick
43rd pick

Laughable. If you are going to construct trades in the dreamworld at least make them worth while. Give up our two best players for Chad Johnson and some draft picks? Don't make me vomit..

I'll stop there. No point discussing how asinine it would be for Tampa to trade their first for a rb, lol. I know it's a helicopter in your avatar, but put the model airplane glue away.

justasportsfan
01-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Laughable. If you are going to construct trades in the dreamworld at least make them worth while. Give up our two best players for Chad Johnson and some draft picks? Don't make me vomit..

I'll stop there. No point discussing how asinine it would be for Tampa to trade their first for a rb, lol. I know it's a helicopter in your avatar, but put the model airplane glue away.

He'll trade our proven players and when some of those draft picks don't pan out, he'll say it's the lack of talent and that coaching has nothing to do with it.

TacklingDummy
01-07-2009, 01:16 PM

What do you think the Bills could get for Peters in a trade? I'll be waiting for your answer. That's if you'll even give one.

Patti120
01-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Apparently Denney had a career year according to the front page of BZ!

bigbub2352
01-07-2009, 01:55 PM
This is another situation were the bills are lieing about stats, no way in hell Denney was in on 94 tackles unless u count a tackle as getting blown off the ball or run around
Come on seriously who here can honestly say he was in on 94 tackles, and out of his 4 sacks 2 came in 1 game, i luv how this organization trys to brainwash its fanbase with medicracy as being ok what a joke
Sorry Denney is a good backup dont get me wrong but no way he has that many tackles

bigbub2352
01-07-2009, 01:57 PM
i cant wait to hear how many STs tackle they say Corto and jenkins had im sure it will be astronomical,
and for someone who watchs every game it is an insult to your football intelligence
Or Ellison and Kelsays sats sorry this organization lies lies lies

Night Train
01-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Hamden was awesome as the scout QB on Thursdays.

TacklingDummy
01-08-2009, 09:42 AM
What do you think the Bills could get for Peters in a trade? I'll be waiting for your answer. That's if you'll even give one.

Still waiting Wagon.

Buffalogic
01-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Still waiting Wagon.Thanks for patiently waiting. My answer to you is I'd never trade Jason Peters. Ever.

If for some reason Peters became a total menace to the team and just stops trying after he gets a fat contract, then you can explore trading options. Peters level of elite play can be questioned sure, but there is no denying that he is a great young player who hasn't reached his full potential. Losing an LT of his caliber would set back the o-line.

You really trust Chambers that much? Sure he mopped up ok when he was playing patchwork, but I'm not going into a 16 game season expecting to win anything and starting Kirk Chambers. And LT for WR? No. Peters for Chad Johnson? Like I said that makes me want to vomit.

Now for some reason if Peters refuses all the bills offers and rears that greedy, fat, head of his again, then you need elite level talent for him and that's not Chad Johnson. Give me a difference making defensive end like Trent Cole and maybe a pick, but it's in the best interest of the bills for them to keep Peters.

justasportsfan
01-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks for patiently waiting. My answer to you is I'd never trade Jason Peters. Ever.

If for some reason Peters became a total menace to the team and just stops trying after he gets a fat contract, then you can explore trading options. Peters level of elite play can be questioned sure, but there is no denying that he is a great young player who hasn't reached his full potential. Losing an LT of his caliber would set back the o-line.

You really trust Chambers that much? Sure he mopped up ok when he was playing patchwork, but I'm not going into a 16 game season expecting to win anything and starting Kirk Chambers. And LT for WR? No. Peters for Chad Johnson? Like I said that makes me want to vomit.

Now for some reason if Peters refuses all the bills offers and rears that greedy, fat, head of his again, then you need elite level talent for him and that's not Chad Johnson. Give me a difference making defensive end like Trent Cole and maybe a pick, but it's in the best interest of the bills for them to keep Peters.
you're talking to the same guy who said JP is a locker room cancer and yet he wants Chad Johnson. If Chad can ***** about the O with Palmer, imagine what he'll do in this O.

If Chad starts whining about the O because our QB is getting hit from the blind/left side, he'll be back and say it's the talent, not coaching.

PECKERWOOD
01-08-2009, 12:11 PM
You would NEVER trade Peters? I offer you the Bengals entire 09 draft, and you still don't pull the trigger? WTF?

Buffalogic
01-08-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm trying to play in reality... I know it's a drag that we don't live in an alternate dimension where we all get whatever we want no questions asked, but it's not like that. Discussing the Bengals forking over an entire draft is as big a waste of time as discussing trading Lynch. Ricockulous!

PECKERWOOD
01-08-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm trying to play in reality... I know it's a drag that we don't live in an alternate dimension where we all get whatever we want no questions asked, but it's not like that. Discussing the Bengals forking over an entire draft is as big a waste of time as discussing trading Lynch. Ricockulous!

It's called making a point --- obviously you would trade Peters for 'x' amount, now it's about determining what that amount is.

1st and 2nd round pick this year, and a 2nd next year?

lukabrossi
01-08-2009, 01:28 PM
...going once?....going twice?..........and..........no sale.

justasportsfan
01-08-2009, 01:53 PM
We're rebuilding again?

with our luck they're probably going to use those picks on another wr, safety and rb. No thanks. I'll keep whats proven. I don't have any faith in our FO to use those picks wisely.

Buffalogic
01-08-2009, 07:51 PM
It's called making a point --- obviously you would trade Peters for 'x' amount, now it's about determining what that amount is.

You can't trade a player of Peters' caliber and get no immediate help from the team you traded him to. Any Peters deal must involve another star player. If not, it's not a move in the best interest of the bills.