• Show
Clear All
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Forked Thread: WHO IS TRADEABLE

Forked from: Career Year

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
    I mentioned trading Schobel for a first rounder a few years ago. In hindsight, I was right.

What is ridiculously impossible about those trades?

The Bengals could use a T and alot of drafts I seen have them drafting one in the first round.

Also the Bucs could use a running back. Would Lynch not be worth the 19th pick to them?

I forked this thread form the Career years thread since it went off on a trade tangent

The Bills need to get better fast, and to make an ommlette you do need to break a few eggs.

I have heard the following trade ideas, which I beleive have some merit

Lynch / Jackson
    You need 2 good backs to win in the league, but good backup RB's can be found... DO we trade one of these guys and shore up other areas

Peters
    The guy is a world class douche bag IMO, but do we try to find a replacement and get what we can for the malcontent, or do we over pay him for mediocrity and make him happy knowing how hard it is to replace a good LT. I lean towards keeping Peters but I also feel he will make it impossible with his agent

Parrish
    We can part with a guy like him, and there are teams that could use him. To me this one is a no brainer. We need a more effective WR on the roster and Parrish is more effective at returns for us.

Schobel, Kelsay, Denney...
    Any of these guys could be offloaded, but I lean towards keeping Schobel since he is the best of the brood. Kelsay and Denny one or both can leave by any means possible.

Anyone else want to add to this because we do need to get creative in how we can make the team stronger in the necesssary areas

• DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Forked Thread: WHO IS TRADEABLE

I can't think of any one on this team that is tradeable and by that I mean that we can afford to lose because we'll get adequate compensation back (Peters, Lynch) or that other teams will want (Kelsay, Denney, Schobel, Ellison).
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Do not trade Jason Peters.

Do not. It would be incredibly stupid, unless the Browns also trade Joe Thomas to the Bills for similar compensation.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Yeah, because the Bills played so poorly without him or when he was playing poorly.

If the Bills could get the Bengals 1st round pick or even 2nd round pick with CJ the Bills would be stupid not to.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Yeah, because the Bills played so poorly without him or when he was playing poorly.

Did you see Chambers get dominated in week 17 or was that just your usual choice vision in action?
          COMING SOON...
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

Trading Peters would be as stupid a move as bringing Jauron back.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Schobel, Denney, Kelsay have no trade value, imo.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                Did you see Chambers get dominated in week 17 or was that just your usual choice vision in action?
                He was far from dominated. That's just your biased opinion to merit keeping Peters.

Did you see Peters get dominated this year on occassion or was that just your usual choice vision in action?

Comment

• ddaryl
                  • Jan 2005

Do not. It would be incredibly stupid, unless the Browns also trade Joe Thomas to the Bills for similar compensation.
                  OK...

Peters demands to be the highest paid LT in the game and wants the highest bonus ever

DO you trade him or cave? ...

My 1st preference is resigning him, but I see a much different reality in regards from Peters mouth and his agents' history

Peters and his agent are world class douche bags and I beleive they will make the Bills pay tremendously more then Peters worth to keep him. So there is the possibility that this happens and the Bills hands are forced by a player/Agent that may want out at all costs...

We cannot afford to play the holdout through training camp game with Peters again....

and Anyone who thinks Peters is happy here is under a dellusion. I truly believe that Peters and his agent will ask for so much we will have little choice. I wouldn't make Peters the #1 paid in anything unless it was tied to every incentive in the book.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl

Peters and his agent are world class douche bags and I beleive they will make the Bills pay tremendously more then Peters worth to keep him. So there is the possibility that this happens and the Bills hands are forced by a player/Agent that may want out at all costs...

This is from one of the Mock Drafts I looked up today.

11. Buffalo Bills-Jason Smith, OT-Baylor

Bills’ fans have witnessed an amazing metamorphosis of Jason Peters from oversized college Tight End to Pro Bowl Left Tackle. Peters, however, witnessed this as well and would like to be compensated. He will price himself out of Buffalo and the fast-rising Smith will remedy that predicament.

Comment

• User Manuel
                      The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
                      • Nov 2003

Lynch

Whitner

McGee

Peters

Josh Reed

Denney

Pozluszny

Ko Simpson

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                        Trading Peters would be as stupid a move as bringing Jauron back.
                        It might actually be even more stupid.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• shelby
                          The Vanilla *****
                          • Jul 2002

A huge no to Josh Reed and Lynch, thank you very much.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Avoiding Tackling Dummy's ridiculous Peters for Chad Johnson trade and actually putting something together that makes sense:

1) Roscoe Parrish is a guy that I would like to see traded. He's one dimensional and useless as a WR. The problem is that we drafted him as a 3rd rounder so what are we going to get for him? Probably a 3rd rounder at best.

2) Fred Jackson is an intriguing trade. I actually think we could fetch a 1st rounder for him. Yes, this sound nuts but how many people are wishing that they didn't give away their 1st and 3rd for Michael Turner? He could start anywhere in this league. The problem is I think he's almost worth more than a first to the Bills.

3) If there is any way that Schobel doesn't need surgery, and he can pass a physical, I would take whatever we can get for him and be happpy that we could dump his salary and cap hit. I think Schobel's trade value is higher than if he had played because I really believe he would have ended up with 3-4 sacks this year.

Comment

• ddaryl
                              • Jan 2005

This is from one of the Mock Drafts I looked up today.

11. Buffalo Bills-Jason Smith, OT-Baylor

Bills’ fans have witnessed an amazing metamorphosis of Jason Peters from oversized college Tight End to Pro Bowl Left Tackle. Peters, however, witnessed this as well and would like to be compensated. He will price himself out of Buffalo and the fast-rising Smith will remedy that predicament.

I do not trust a rookie at LT for starting ... it is a huge gamble. Which is why I prefer to keep Peters. However I feel Peters and his agent are hell bent on being overpaid to stay in Buffalo

Comment

Working...
                              X