PDA

View Full Version : Interesting theory on why we kept DJ

TedMock
01-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Take it with a grain of salt and consider the source. It's interesting nonetheless. I apologize if it's already been posted. I have not seen it yet.

The thinking in some circles is Wilson opted to bring back Jauron not because he can't afford to honor a multi-million-dollar buyout, but because he (and his 31 partners) can't afford to create the perception that Wilson can afford to buy out Jauron.

The owners want to persuade the players to take less money under the next Collective Bargaining Agreement. If one of the supposedly poorest franchises has the wherewithal to fire a coach to whom it has just given a three-year contract, then maybe things aren't as bad as the league is making them out to be.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=503657

ddaryl
01-05-2009, 12:20 PM
that's a weak ass decision for keeping the franchise in the toilet

yordad
01-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Probably one of many reasons, none of which is winning.

ddaryl
01-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Probably one of many reasons, none of which is winning.

I noticed that you've noticed the common denominator in the equation too...

Jan Reimers
01-05-2009, 12:31 PM
So, why do we take the hit when the Jets, Browns, Broncos and others are going to shower money on new coaches (and in some cases, front office executives) like they had it to burn?

HHURRICANE
01-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Do the other 31 partners give us something in return?

ddaryl
01-05-2009, 12:33 PM
So, why do we take the hit when the Jets, Browns, Broncos and others are going to shower money on new coaches (and in some cases, front office executives) like they had it to burn?

I noticed that you've noticed how the variable in the equation works differently for the Bills as it does for other teams too...

JJamezz
01-05-2009, 12:55 PM
And here we thought Ralph was just a cheap old bastard all this time.. when in reality he's been secretly saving the NFL!

Night Train
01-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Ralph's got those other owners just where he wants them. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, he's got the fans by the privates with a team that looks like it can't make the playoffs until GM/Coaching changes are made..

Typ0
01-05-2009, 01:11 PM
I agree with JJAMEZZ...RW thinks he's saving Western NY, The NFL, NASA & the albanian womens basketball team by not firing DJ.

Crazygoo
01-05-2009, 02:36 PM
There was no reason to keep Dick. I can go with out another 7-9 season

TedMock
01-05-2009, 04:02 PM

I completely agree with you and daryl. I think this is just speculation despite Florio's reference of inside sources. If true at all it's because Ralph painted himself into a corner with all the crying broke he's done. He surely can't pay two coaches for the next three years if he's broke, afterall! :sarcasm:

I have never been so disappointed in a team before and here I sit clenching onto hope. It's killing me.

Typ0
01-05-2009, 04:49 PM
folks, RW was begging Mularkey to stay if you remember. The guy is senile and desparate.