PDA

View Full Version : I keep hearing the excuse about being cheap but

Patrick76777
01-05-2009, 03:34 PM
The Redskins, who spend more money then just about everybody had a very similar season.

They started 6-2 and finished 2-6.

Patrick76777
01-05-2009, 03:35 PM
The Redskins, who spend more money then just about everybody had a very similar season.

And what about Dallas and all the money they spend? 9-7!!!!!

Dozerdog
01-05-2009, 03:38 PM
I'll give this to the Redskins though- at least they try to be good.

They spent tons more on coaches and other areas of the team. They aren't trying to whore out their club to another country 2 times a season

BillsWin
01-05-2009, 03:39 PM

They spent tons more on coaches and other areas of the team. They aren't trying to whore out their club to another country 2 times a season

amen dozer!

billsfanone
01-05-2009, 03:40 PM
They try. That's the bottom line.

Philagape
01-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Better to try and fail than not try.

Otherwise you won't know whether it will work or not.

Patrick76777
01-05-2009, 03:48 PM
The biggest problem with this team is not the fact that they're cheap.

First off, they think and play like losers! They need to change that mindset.

Second, Why in the world are we so quick to throw guys on IR? It’s 2008 and sometimes you have to coddle these athletes. But they get mad at Crowell and out of spite put him on the IR!?!?!?!?! The guy would have been back for the 3 game run thru the AFC East in mid season. Not saying he makes all the difference in the world, but those games were all decided by 10 points or less and you all know as well as me that Keith Ellison is completely overmatched.

Third, it may some small to some of you, but the practicing inside issue drives me CRAZY! Do you think that the Florida teams practice in side during September? Not a chance in the world. Why, because they have a HUGE homefield advantage.

Teams that play in the Northeast have the same advantage at the most important point of the season. Pittsburgh knows this and they build their teams around it. What about New England? They said before week 17 that the Pats ALWAYS practice outside. They’re also winning November and December games at a 90% clip. Then to add insult to injury, we decide to give one of our advantageous home Nov/Dec games to Toronto. Then pansy assed Dick Jauron practices inside that damn barn everyday. Are you kidding me!

I know some of you Internet football experts might disagree, but to me, playing in the cold weather is an enormous advantage. This year we should have had 9 potentially cold Nov/December games. 9! But we sent one to Toronto so it was 8.

Pittsburgh knows this and build the team with a ferocious, hard hitting defense and a road grating offensive line. Plug in any running back and a QB that can manage the game and come Nov/Dec they almost can’t lose those cold weather games.

Patrick76777
01-05-2009, 03:50 PM

The good teams in the NFL are the smart teams, Not the teams that spend the most.

Dozerdog
01-05-2009, 03:51 PM
And we aren't either of those

billsfanone
01-05-2009, 03:56 PM

Nail on the head.

You aren't wrong Pat....

patmoran2006
01-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Forget about players and focus on coaches and FO.

That tells who is at least trying to win and who is merely trying to be competitive to sell tickets.

Patrick76777
01-05-2009, 04:05 PM

Exactly!

PECKERWOOD
01-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Just look at San Diego, that's who we need to model our franchise after. Something like 20/22 starters were drafted by the Chargers.

patmoran2006
01-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Just look at San Diego, that's who we need to model our franchise after. Something like 20/22 starters were drafted by the Chargers.
You can say the same for Indy.

I'm all for building a team around a draft, but not with an incompetent front office like we have.

By the way, how much more do you think SD FO personnel makes than our guys?

X-Era
01-05-2009, 07:45 PM

As I said before about Dallas and the Redskins, they are missing one thing...

A team

OpIv37
01-05-2009, 07:55 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

The teams that win are the teams that spend money on players that perform EVERY game. Example: Peyton Manning. The guy counts like 17 million a year against the cap but he only has like one off-game every two seasons.

The problem with the Bills (and Skins and Cowboys) is that they pay for streaky, inconsistent players- guys who turn in a great game then disappear for a month.

Historian
01-06-2009, 04:48 AM
You can say the same for Indy.

I'm all for building a team around a draft, but not with an incompetent front office like we have.

By the way, how much more do you think SD FO personnel makes than our guys?

Everyone on this board rails on John Butler's management of the team/cap during his tenure here, and fault him for his departure.

Unfortunately, Wilson's offer to him was for about 1/3 of what the market value for a playoff GM was at the time.

I would have left too...no matter how much I liked the job or the community.

Sorry, you get what you pay for.

RW wants to run the Bills like a small business, fine, that's his right. Just don't expect to win like that.

Wanna know why we have the gift shop manager as the GM of the team? Read my last article, and substitute the names Brandon and Donahoe, for Jauron and Phillips, because it's the same scenario as the coaching debacle.

Wilson is always one move behind the times.

Right now he needs a strong, professional GM to sort out this mess. Instead he hires a weak yes-man from the marketing department. Instead of firing the head coach, like he did in 2000, he backs off in favor of "continuity".

This man has the opposite of the midas touch. Whatever he touches turns to ****.

jamze132
01-06-2009, 07:34 AM
People will always associate the Buffalo Bills and cheapassness until we stop bringing in players like Melvin Fowler, Bennie Anderson, and other turds as the highlight of the offseason.

TacklingDummy
01-06-2009, 07:41 AM
The Bills are so cheap the past 10 years that in 6 of those years they out spent the Dallas Cowboys.

It's not how much you spend, it's who you spend it on.

Jan Reimers
01-06-2009, 07:50 AM
The Skins are just a bigger spending version of the Bills. Neither spend their money particularly wisely.

Night Train
01-06-2009, 07:54 AM
The Bills aren't cheap at all. They just allocate their resources poorly.

Coaching/Front Office has NEVER been more critical and we continue to hire chum, just to list someone in the media guide. We don't even have a real GM.

Meanwhile, Kelsay,Dockery,Schobel etc. are insanely overpaid and return little on the investment.

I swear AIG is consulting with Ralph. :down: