PDA

View Full Version : Carucci on Channel 7 regarding bills

patmoran2006
01-05-2009, 04:07 PM
IM surprised nobody saw this last night or posted anything, but Vic Carucci was on Channel 7's "Sports Final" and had some interesting things to say regaring the Bills and coaching.

* Said that it would cost more than the $6 million many people assumed or reported to buy Jauron out of his contract, and that was the biggest reason why he's still the coach. He said something more along the lines of it costing $9 million to eat if he fired him. There is no way in the world this bum commands $3 million per year, that musta been a misquote.

* Said that the team would've promoted Bobby April if Jauron wasn't brought back.

* Talked about how if the Bills struggle and play bad out of the gate, that Jauron could lose his job only a month into next season, and April would most likely take over.

* Talked about Bobby April being a good choice as head coach. Said he's respected, emotional and a good motivator.

Night Train
01-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Now I'm really motivated to buy tickets.

Mr. Miyagi
01-05-2009, 04:40 PM
So now we have to root for the Bills to suck early in the season?

X-Era
01-05-2009, 04:54 PM
IM surprised nobody saw this last night or posted anything, but Vic Carucci was on Channel 7's "Sports Final" and had some interesting things to say regaring the Bills and coaching.

* Said that it would cost more than the $6 million many people assumed or reported to buy Jauron out of his contract, and that was the biggest reason why he's still the coach. He said something more along the lines of it costing $9 million to eat if he fired him. There is no way in the world this bum commands $3 million per year, that musta been a misquote.

* Said that the team would've promoted Bobby April if Jauron wasn't brought back.

* Talked about how if the Bills struggle and play bad out of the gate, that Jauron could lose his job only a month into next season, and April would most likely take over.

* Talked about Bobby April being a good choice as head coach. Said he's respected, emotional and a good motivator.

Hmmmm, the part I like is that Bobby April has a lot of incentive to stay with the Bills for at least next year... He may be given a chance to be a HC.

The part I dont like is that Bobby April isnt the type of sure thing that we so desperately need. But he does get the Bills players (not some other teams) to play like champs... even when most are simply camp fodder on a good squad.

It wouldnt be our worst move ever but is very very similar to the newbie HC hirings we have made before, and certainly has a ton of risk which never seems to work in our favor either.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-05-2009, 05:05 PM
i dont want bobby april. no way no how. I want a PROVEN coach. got it? PROVEN! the only thing april has proven is that he can get scrubs to run 80 yards real hard and slam into someone... hes not had to make actual game day coaching decisions that this team so desprately needs.

trapezeus
01-05-2009, 05:14 PM
i dont want bobby april. no way no how. I want a PROVEN coach. got it? PROVEN! the only thing april has proven is that he can get scrubs to run 80 yards real hard and slam into someone... hes not had to make actual game day coaching decisions that this team so desprately needs.

That being said, jauron's teams have come close to winning. He made idiotic decisions that most on this board wouldn't make. so if april has a touchof smarts, he'd be ok.

Thurmal
01-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Look for the Bills to play well enough that Jauron will keep his job throughout the season, but not well enough to do something crazy like actually make the playoffs.

LABillsFan
01-05-2009, 07:06 PM
How much it cost the Broncos to fire Shannahan?

topher180
01-05-2009, 08:33 PM

Exactly. I like Bobby April just fine as a ST coach, and that's where I'd like to keep him thank you very much. I mean, how has "promoting from within" served this team so far in the front office? What's next? Alex Van Pelt as OC? Ew.

ddaryl
01-06-2009, 09:15 AM

However if we are forced to play dick ball in September I would much rather play April ball in October then more Dick ball in October...

SO I agree that we should have cut bait NOW and get a real HC coach candidate, but the very next best possible scenario is to play April ball in October.

HHURRICANE
01-06-2009, 09:20 AM
I'll take Jauron over Bobby April any day of the week.

If I had Parrish, McKelvin, McGee, and Jackson returning kicks with Moorman and Lindell as my kicking team I could be the special teams coach.

Talk about a guy who gets way more credit than he deserves. This is the same guy who has given up two onside kicks in the last 2 years, and who also involved in the debacle at the end of the 1st half against the Pats.

Mr. Pink
01-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Well if Ralphie had to just shell out 9 million dollars to get Dick to go away it sure wouldn't help his "i'm poor and it's hard to make money here" angle.

lukabrossi
01-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Bobby April could be a head coach for any team in the NFL. They should buy Jauron out right now and promote April.......it's inevitable anyways. Next year Jauron will be gone when he chokes and knowing the Bills, they'll probably do something really stupid and not protect April.......and any chance of a winning season in my lifetime will be lost.
I have spoken.