• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

STOP talking about trading Jason Peters

Top-tier left tackles don't grow on trees.

One of the main reasons why the Bills have been so bad lately is because they rarely find top tier talent, and when they do, they let it go (see Pat Williams).

Peters, Lynch, Moorman, Stroud, Evans- these guys should be retained at all costs. Anyone else is expendable.

the ONLY way the Bills should even entertain offers on Peters is if someone is dumb enough to do a Herschel Walker-type trade.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: STOP talking about trading Jason Peters

I agree OP

Comment

• evol4276
      • Oct 2005

best post in nearly a month on this board

Comment

• Jaybird
        • Dec 2005

YA MAN!!!!!!

so true.... how often do you see a top LT get traded or on the block.......NEVER

that is why the fins drafting jake long was a smart move

Comment

• billsfanone
          Majored in Home Economics
          • Sep 2008

OP is the voice of reason?

Comment

• Mitchell55
            only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
            • Feb 2008

It took us 15 years to get someone like him, why trade him now?

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mitchell59
              It took us 15 years to get someone like him, why trade him now?
              So Ralph doesn't have to pay him. That's the only reason to trade him.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

I agree and have been saying it since this ridiculous talk of trading him came up. It's absolutely ignorant to think we would be able to get somebody of his talent right away.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

But, but, but Chambers played well against Seattle and Peters missed a block against the Rams!

Therefore Chambers is better!!!!

I have said it before - Getting rid of Peters would be the dumbest thing this franchise has done since I have watched them and that covers a ton of ground.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Top-tier left tackles don't grow on trees.

One of the main reasons why the Bills have been so bad lately is because they rarely find top tier talent, and when they do, they let it go (see Pat Williams).

Peters, Lynch, Moorman, Stroud, Evans- these guys should be retained at all costs. Anyone else is expendable.

the ONLY way the Bills should even entertain offers on Peters is if someone is dumb enough to do a Herschel Walker-type trade.

Evans is the most overrated player to suit up for Buffalo since Peerless Price. Both one trick ponies, similar stats.. Actually, PP had better stats in his first 5 seasons.

Sorry, it's just how I feel. I don't give a **** about Evans, he disappears to much.. Good for the ocassional big play, that's about it.

Peters, give me the right offer and I will trade him. I'm talking a 1st, 2nd, 3rd - something to that effect.

I understand that I'm a minority here.. How could you ever trade Lee?!! *gasp*

Well we traded PP and we got the best of the Falcons and the Lions traded Roy and I'm pretty sure that they kicked Dallas' ass on that trade.. Give me a 1st and a 3rd for Lee.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                      Evans is the most overrated player to suit up for Buffalo since Peerless Price. Both one trick ponies, similar stats.. Actually, PP had better stats in his first 5 seasons.

Sorry, it's just how I feel. I don't give a **** about Evans, he disappears to much.. Good for the ocassional big play, that's about it.

Peters, give me the right offer and I will trade him. I'm talking a 1st, 2nd, 3rd - something to that effect.

I understand that I'm a minority here.. How could you ever trade Lee?!! *gasp*

Well we traded PP and we got the best of the Falcons and the Lions traded Roy and I'm pretty sure that they kicked Dallas' ass on that trade.. Give me a 1st and a 3rd for Lee.
                      I don't entirely disagree- Lee is overrated. And I'm not a hater- the only current Bills jersey I have is Evans. However, he's still by far the best receiver we have, and without him, our WR corps as a whole goes from average to terrible.

I still say Lee is the real deal, the problem is that he doesn't have anyone to take the pressure off. Until we get a better WR, we have to cling to Lee at all possible costs.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        I don't entirely disagree- Lee is overrated. And I'm not a hater- the only current Bills jersey I have is Evans. However, he's still by far the best receiver we have, and without him, our WR corps as a whole goes from average to terrible.

I still say Lee is the real deal, the problem is that he doesn't have anyone to take the pressure off. Until we get a better WR, we have to cling to Lee at all possible costs.
                        I don't entirely disagree, he is overrated but he is the best we got!!

---

Ralph is cheap, but atleast we got a team!!

The bottom line is, I don't got enough fingers and toes to count all the WR's that I would rather have over Lee.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Comparing their numbers really is not fair.

Evans has never had a WR like Moulds to attract coverage and a QB like Bledsoe to chuck him the ball.

So if the numbers are even, then Evans is doing much better base don resources available.
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            Comparing their numbers really is not fair.

Evans has never had a WR like Moulds to attract coverage and a QB like Bledsoe to chuck him the ball.

So if the numbers are even, then Evans is doing much better base don resources available.
                            Moulds was the #1, he played like it. Moulds didn't need some scrub to take pressure off of him, he caught the damn ball anyways, regardless of who was throwing the ball to him. If Moulds had Kelly or Marino throwing him the ball, he would have been in the HOF, that's the God honest truth. People here got it all wrong. The #2 doesn't make the #1, it's the #1 who makes the #2 what he is. Without Moulds, Price did dick!

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

peters didnt play like an elite tackle that is hard to find. that is the reason that the whole ****ing conversation and 889890 threads have been started about him. if he didnt suck ass this year, this would not even been discussed, but the fact is that he did suck this year for a large chunks throughout.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X