PDA

View Full Version : How would you feel about this offseason?

User Manuel
01-06-2009, 06:59 AM
Sign -

DE Bertrand Berry Ari
C Matt Birk Minn
FB Leonard Weaver Sea
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick Cinn
DT Jovon Haye Bucs

1st Rounder
LB Rey Muauluga

elltrain22
01-06-2009, 07:35 AM
I'd feel great about that, but I don't think that'll ever happen. I have no faith in Ralph to spend money, none whatsoever.

Dr. Lecter
01-06-2009, 07:41 AM
I'd feel great about that, but I don't think that'll ever happen. I have no faith in Ralph to spend money, none whatsoever.

He has recently. Dockery, Stroud, Mitchell, Walker, Evans.

Now he might not have spent it wisely, but he has spent money. That is a myth.

Jan Reimers
01-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Berry and Birk may be getting a little long in the tooth. Fitzpatrick would be a reliable backup QB, Weaver and Haye would fill holes, and Muauluga would be a good pick if Orakpo (or another big time pass rushing DE) is no longer available.

THATHURMANATOR
01-06-2009, 08:06 AM
At 70 Birk and Berry have to be better than what we have.

User Manuel
01-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Berry and Birk may be getting a little long in the tooth. Fitzpatrick would be a reliable backup QB, Weaver and Haye would fill holes, and Muauluga would be a good pick if Orakpo (or another big time pass rushing DE) is no longer available.

I agree about the age thing, but I think a win-now mentality needs to be adopted in these areas. Berry we could probably identify a younger talent and go after him but I think Birk is one where you take the risk because the hole is so glaring.

DraftBoy
01-06-2009, 08:15 AM
I still think it leaves a large hole at DE, S, and depth alone both lines.

Personally I'm also not Rey's biggest fan either.

Luisito23
01-06-2009, 09:10 AM

Exactly how I feel.

The Jokeman
01-06-2009, 11:43 AM

I agree what you said but he didn't include Rounds 2-7 of the draft so there's a chance we could fill some of that in the later rounds specifically the depth and possibly find a starting S in Round 2.

DraftBoy
01-06-2009, 11:58 AM
I agree what you said but he didn't include Rounds 2-7 of the draft so there's a chance we could fill some of that in the later rounds specifically the depth and possibly find a starting S in Round 2.

I agree but I can only judge it based on what he has provided.

patmoran2006
01-06-2009, 12:13 PM
He has recently. Dockery, Stroud, Mitchell, Walker, Evans.

Now he might not have spent it wisely, but he has spent money. That is a myth.
For the 10,000th time, its not a myth.

He does spend on certain PLAYERS, but he makes up for it by having starters like Ellison and Duke Preston, who would be the 48th man on most rosters.

He spends what he's going to spend for the year, cash to cap, and it doesnt matter if we fill 10 holes or 1. .He's not going over.

Not to mention the millions he pulled in the Toronto deal. and did we just read yesterday about Buffalo was one of only four teams to leave/kill cap room on the table??

Oh, and dont even get me started on how much he less he spends on the coaching staff and FO than almost all the other owners.

All in all, he's still a cheap *****, and Jauron STILL being here should be all the proof you need. Hed rather be mediocre than eat money, and you f'n know it.

topher180
01-06-2009, 12:20 PM
For the 10,000th time, its not a myth.

He does spend on certain PLAYERS, but he makes up for it by having starters like Ellison and Duke Preston, who would be the 48th man on most rosters.

He spends what he's going to spend for the year, cash to cap, and it doesnt matter if we fill 10 holes or 1. .He's not going over.

Not to mention the millions he pulled in the Toronto deal. and did we just read yesterday about Buffalo was one of only four teams to leave/kill cap room on the table??

Oh, and dont even get me started on how much he less he spends on the coaching staff and FO than almost all the other owners.

All in all, he's still a cheap *****, and Jauron STILL being here should be all the proof you need. Hed rather be mediocre than eat money, and you f'n know it.

Makes a lot of sense....

Mitchell55
01-06-2009, 01:07 PM
A if you take out Birk and put Goff because birk is to old, and if you give us a DE in the 2nd or 3rd also because Berry wont last long.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-06-2009, 01:38 PM
^ If age is the question Mike Goff is not the solution, but I don't care about age though.

My plan A *lets go for an proven elite DE*:

1) Try to Sign Julius Peppers
2) If Peppers is not lets go for either Terrell Suggs or Bertnard Berry
3) Sign Jason Brown
4) With the first pick draft the best player available excluding running backs
5) With the other picks get another TE, an outside linebacker, and a guard
6) Sign JT O'Sullivan

In my dreams.

My plan B *we were not able to ge a proven elite DE*:

1) Sign Bart Scott
2) Sign Jason Brown
3) Draft Brian Orakpo *I hate to be that limited with the first round pick but **** we need the DE*
4) With the other picks get another TE and a guard
5) Sign JT O'Sullivan

Still unlikely.