PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the Bills are confirming Edwards' shoulder injury now....

Michael82
01-06-2009, 10:15 AM
I just got this text from VCoach a few minutes ago....

Trent Edwards at his year-end physical reported soreness in his throwing shoulder. Visit Buffalobills.com for a team statement.

It's official, Trent Edwards is another Tim Connolly. :ill:

justasportsfan
01-06-2009, 10:19 AM
I guess buffing up didn't work.

Michael82
01-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Ouch, did you read that article on WGR550.com? He's definitely another Tim Connolly! :ill:

During Trent Edwards' collegiate career, his right shoulder took plenty of abuse.

In 2003, Edwards suffered a right shoulder contusion against Washington State and missed two additional games.

In 2004, Edwards sprained his right shoulder against Oregon and then re-injured the same shoulder later that season which caused his to miss two games.

In 2005, Edwards sustained a neck/right shoulder stinger against California and re-injured his shoulder against Notre Dame later in the season.

In 2006, Edwards was not able to go 100% in spring drills due to his right shoulder.

Edwards also broke a bone in his right foot during his senior season and the overall pounding he received at Stanford caused some scouts to worry about his durability. During his brief NFL career, Edwards has missed games in both 2007 (wrist) and in 2008 (thigh - preseason, concussion, groin).

http://www.wgr550.com/Trent-Edwards-weighing-options-on-injured-shoulder/3603681

Dr. Lecter
01-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Ahhh.

The Connolly exagerrations are here now too.

justasportsfan
01-06-2009, 10:28 AM
I can see it now. We'll continue to dink and dunk to get the ball out of the qbs hands quick in order to protect him from getting hit. Another :yawn: offense next year ! Wooohooo!

madness
01-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Ouch, did you read that article on WGR550.com? He's definitely another Tim Connolly! :ill:

Connolly would have been pronounced DOA behind Standford's line. This was the exact issue why he fell in the draft. Edwards is a tough SOB but any man who endures that kind of beating is bound to have lingering injury issues.

He wasn't exactly what I call "protected" this year either.

bigbub2352
01-06-2009, 10:38 AM
I guess we are seeing why he lasted till the 3rd round, Injury prone, he has played in to few a games to have missed almost 8 games in 2 seasons
This is not a good sign, im not sayin he is done or anything but we sure as hell better be getting a qb in the first 3 rds now, and sign a vet
Trent is just to unreliable back there health wise
more **** to deal with this offseason just keeps getting better and better

justasportsfan
01-06-2009, 10:39 AM
more **** to deal with this offseason just keeps getting better and better
already...even though the current one isn't over. Ahhh, isn't it great being a bills fan?

THATHURMANATOR
01-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Trent Edwards doesn't even know how to skate from I have heard Mike. WTF are you even talking about you nervous nelly you?

Michael82
01-06-2009, 10:57 AM
I can see it now. We'll continue to dink and dunk to get the ball out of the qbs hands quick in order to protect him from getting hit. Another :yawn: offense next year ! Wooohooo!
Maybe this shoulder injury is why he didn't try to go deep too often. It hurts him more to throw farther..... :idunno:

madness
01-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Maybe this shoulder injury is why he didn't try to go deep too often. It hurts him more to throw farther..... :idunno:

No, Bills fans are just doing what they do best... overreact.

“We sent Trent for a routine MRI on his shoulder during his year-end physical because he had complained of some soreness. He did not miss any playing time and there was no lack of strength in his shoulder due to the soreness. He has scheduled visits with a couple of doctors this week and we will know more at that time.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/edwards-getting-throwing-shoulder-checked/9ccac7b1-7425-47d3-8d95-de5ef9d447b8

Michael82
01-06-2009, 11:06 AM
No, Bills fans are just doing what they do best... overreact.
That's what the Buffalo Bills spinsters are saying. Coach Sal is saying that it may need surgery.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=168437

madness
01-06-2009, 11:12 AM
That's what the Buffalo Bills spinsters are saying. Coach Sal is saying that it may need surgery.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=168437

True and McCargo supposedly didn't have a bulging disk either.

Night Train
01-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Let the Hamden era begin. :bf1:

Michael82
01-06-2009, 11:19 AM
:rofl:

madness
01-06-2009, 11:21 AM

Hamden + April = SB :flex:

or Toronto. :sadwalk:

ddaryl
01-06-2009, 11:28 AM
every player has soreness somewhere, and many of them have these sorenesses dealth with with minor surgeries. This doesn't sound like anything earth shattering IMO.

and getting a rock solid vet backup QB for Edwards was a priority no matter what

trapezeus
01-06-2009, 11:30 AM
"hamden gives us the best chance to win" DJ in 2009

don137
01-06-2009, 11:33 AM
I guess Peters better stop looking dominating play and a garbage the next. The Bills can not afford Peters to give up 11 sacks next year wspecially with Edwards having shoulder problems.

acehole
01-06-2009, 12:28 PM
I just got this text from VCoach a few minutes ago....

It's official, Trent Edwards is another Tim Connolly. :ill:

The daggers I got when I dared to bring this up last year.

I guess we got an answer to the question.

"What qb does Trent Edwards remind you of most?"

Montanna? No anyone?......Connolly....yea...ok.

PECKERWOOD
01-06-2009, 12:38 PM
The daggers I got when I dared to bring this up last year.

I guess we got an answer to the question.

"What qb does Trent Edwards remind you of most?"

Montanna? No anyone?......Connolly....yea...ok.

Edwards has it upstairs, he just can't stay healthy. My #1 concern has always been that he is injury prone. Can anybody tell me when was the last time he's played a full season healthy? Did he even play a full season in highschool? How are we supposed to succeed in the playoffs (granted if we could ever fuggin get there..) with Edwards out at the end of every year?

justasportsfan
01-06-2009, 12:42 PM

So it's the shoulder now? I thought it was the concussion , no wait, it's the weather. Na, it's the scheme. Our coaches blow. Flacco, Ryan and PAts have proven that with their inexperienced qbs.

HHURRICANE
01-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Surgery unlikely.

TacklingDummy
01-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Might as well complain that Peters is injury prone also.

Coach Sal
01-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Surgery unlikely.

At this time I'm sure everyone's:
1. Hoping that's the case;
2. Saying that's the case. Which, at this point, I'm sure is true.

However, from what the Bills said in their own statement, he will be getting more opinions before making that determination.

While surgery does not appear to be likely at this point...."He has scheduled visits with a couple of doctors this week and we will know more at that time.”

I hope he doesn't have any surgery. But I honestly don't think anyone can say for certain until they evaluate him further. So, if you were in the Bills PR Department, what would you say given those circumstances?

You'd say "unlikely at this time."

Michael82
01-06-2009, 01:20 PM
At this time I'm sure everyone's:
1. Hoping that's the case;
2. Saying that's the case. Which, at this point, I'm sure is true.

However, from what the Bills said in their own statement, he will be getting more opinions before making that determination.

I hope he doesn't have any surgery. But I honestly don't think anyone can say for certain until they evaluate him further. So, if you were in the Bills PR Department, what would you say given those circumstances?

You'd say "unlikely at this time."
Good point.

lukabrossi
01-06-2009, 01:20 PM
I'd say he's a waste of skin and pack his bags.

billogic99
01-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Qustion is do the Bills draft another QB? The FA list of QB's doesn't look all that impressive.

justasportsfan
01-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Qustion is do the Bills draft another QB?.

whats the use? WE'll ruin his carreer before it even starts anyways with this coaching staff.

Lets just grab a top DE in the draft who we will eventually drop back to cover wrs'.

billogic99
01-07-2009, 12:46 PM
whats the use? WE'll ruin his carreer before it even starts anyways with this coaching staff.

Lets just grab a top DE in the draft who we will eventually drop back to cover wrs'.

I don't know, I don't think anyones ruined Edwards career. The guy has the tools, but injuries are holding him back. Every QB in the league gets hit, it's just some take the hits better than others. Than there was this mental issue after the "concussion" at Arizona. He took a few steps back after that game. And what about the Groin??

Every week they were talking about the Groin, but you never saw the Groin an issue when he would celebrate after a big play, Groin injuries are either there or they'r not. You don't turn that injury off and forget about it. It's a core injury and it effects 99% of what you do, even standing and sitting, forget about running, twisting and throwing. IMO that injury was made up, but who knows.

I think the Bils need to keep working on the QB position till they fix it, they have no choice, we will never win anything without a real QB. Hell, QB's like Montana and Elawy would never have been held back from success by playcalling they would have excelled regardless. The Bills are close with Edwards, but just not close enough.

justasportsfan
01-07-2009, 12:52 PM
I don't know, I don't think anyones ruined Edwards career. The guy has the tools, but injuries are holding him back. Every QB in the league gets hit, it's just some take the hits better than others. Than there was this mental issue after the "concussion" at Arizona. He took a few steps back after that game. And what about the Groin??

Every week they were talking about the Groin, but you never saw the Groin an issue when he would celebrate after a big play, Groin injuries are either there or they'r not. You don't turn that injury off and forget about it. It's a core injury and it effects 99% of what you do, even standing and sitting, forget about running, twisting and throwing. IMO that injury was made up, but who knows.

I think the Bils need to keep working on the QB position till they fix it, they have no choice, we will never win anything without a real QB. Hell, QB's like Montana and Elawy would never have been held back from success by playcalling they would have excelled regardless. The Bills are close with Edwards, but just not close enough.

making the wrong calls and having a horrible scheme will kill your qb or any of your players.

SeatownBillsFan21
01-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Whatever Im done with the excuses

superbills
01-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Better start modifying those draft boards folks. First-round QB anyone? :couch:

Bill Cody
01-07-2009, 03:34 PM
making the wrong calls and having a horrible scheme will kill your qb or any of your players.

Was it the wrong scheme the first 6 games when Trent was playing like an All Pro? The scheme didn't get worse Trent's play did, who knows why. Or is this just one more pathetic attempt to indirectly blame JP's long term suckiness on coaching? If so, that boat won't float.

X-Era
01-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Ahhh.

The Connolly exagerrations are here now too.
Oh no, you missed it in the "sneak preview"... the comment was "this is huge"... now the term soreness apparently means hes always injured and probably that his career is over.

:rolleyes:

JohnnyGold
01-07-2009, 06:43 PM
man, you guys need to calm down. its OFFSEASON surgery.

hes not missing any games. he played through the pain.

the mans a professional athlete. INJURY PRONE would be someone like tmac in the nba. LINGERING injuries that pop up year after year.... knees, back.

a concussion and a shoulder that might need to be scoped that DIDNT KEEP HIM OUT OF ANY GAMES does not make him injury prone.

smh at people thinking we need a new quarterback now.

Coach Sal
01-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Oh no, you missed it in the "sneak preview"... the comment was "this is huge"... now the term soreness apparently means hes always injured and probably that his career is over.

:rolleyes:

You know what, Era I like Trent, too. Just like you do. I hope he's the Bills QB for many years to come and is very successful. I think he has a better skill set for the position than basically every stiff we've had in Buffalo for the past nine years.

But I try to not let that cloud my judgement when it is revealed that the guy might need surgery on his throwing shoulder. Because - whether you want to admit it or not - that is HUGE for any NFL QB. Sure, some have come back from very serious shoulder/arm surgeries (Brees, Pennington), but considering:
A) The state of the QB position of this franchise since the mid-90's;
B) Trent's laundry list of injuries to that very same shoulder throughout his college years......
it's a pretty big deal and Bills fans not only have every right, but every logical reason to be concerned about it.

Dr. Lecter
01-08-2009, 05:52 AM
I agree with being concerned Sal. We all should be.

But there is a huge difference between being concerned about him and giving up on him or calling him 'Connolly' or having to draft a QB in round 1.

Coach Sal
01-08-2009, 06:20 AM
I agree with being concerned Sal. We all should be.

But there is a huge difference between being concerned about him and giving up on him or calling him 'Connolly' or having to draft a QB in round 1.

Agreed completely that those statements are jumping way off the map right now.

But there should be a contingency plan in place just in case this thing is more seriuos than any of us know, or they are letting on.

My post to Edwards Era was more in reference to him inferring that my original "sneak preview" (as he put it) calling it "huge" was over-the-top. It wasn't. News like that IS huge, especially when the team gives a plausible deniability to me personally over the phone when I asked them about it. They were obviously hiding something and then were forced to say something about it when others in the media started digging, as well.

Pro teams are also in the PR business. They aren't going to reveal everything, and they're only going to reveal what they want you to know.

acehole
01-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Was it the wrong scheme the first 6 games when Trent was playing like an All Pro? The scheme didn't get worse Trent's play did, who knows why. Or is this just one more pathetic attempt to indirectly blame JP's long term suckiness on coaching? If so, that boat won't float.

1.Game film
2.Afraid to get hit so go for the short route where the 3-4 lb's are.

justasportsfan
01-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Some people forget how weak the teams we played early in the season were. Some of which were had bad injuries.

The scheme was figured out and the way our coaches dealt with it was to try and switch things around by copying other teams plays.

Making the qb throw when the D's couldn't stop our running game even later in the season goes to show you it's playcalling.

Not calling play action when the running game is going very well means it's our schemes. Even Stevie Wonder knew what was coming before a snap was even made.

You talk like our OC is a proven OC who's done well in the past and that it's the players. We're the only team to ever give Turk a crack at OC when nobody else even gave him an interview in the past for the job. The guy hasn't even produced a great qb as a qb coach.