Why not dress Paestch at forward over Peters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Why not dress Paestch at forward over Peters?

Especially with Lydman and Teppo ill with flu?
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Re: Why not dress Paestch at forward over Peters?

Cause we have to watch Peters get beat up they must like that or something
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• mchurchfie
      • Jul 2002

Paestch blows.
      My Band
      daveviterna.com

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie
        Paestch blows.
        He is better than Peters though and can shift back to D if Teppo or Toni can't make it. This is a one game fix is all.

Comment

• mchurchfie
          • Jul 2002

You are correct, Peter's blows too.
          My Band
          daveviterna.com

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

I knew I was right here Churchie.

And to think I didn't get nominated for best Sabreszone poster...

Comment

• mchurchfie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
              I knew I was right here Churchie.

And to think I didn't get nominated for best Sabreszone poster...
              You are always right my friend! You didn't have a chance with best Sabrezone poster, S11 was doing to much bobbing on the knob for anyone else to have a chance.
              My Band
              daveviterna.com

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Jan 2004

article from 2/2/2007

Change is not something that Paetsch is afraid of. He believes any deficiencies he has as a forward can be overcome the old fashioned way.

"It's always fun to try different things," said Paetsch. "Winger is fun because I get to go out there and do something different. Obviously, I'm not going to have as much skill as some of the guys out there, but I can always work as hard. "

Paetsch has shed his defenseman label and now needs to be considered a designation that is more common to baseball. He's a utility player that adds another element of depth to an already deep lineup. His value to the team has increased with his versatility.

"It's something that I did in Rochester my first season, sitting out 25 games and then switching from forward to defense, center to wing, everything. It's something that I'm comfortable doing and something that I've done in the past so it's not unfamiliar ground for me," said Paetsch, who told a little-white lie as an AHL rookie to Amerks head coach Randy Cunneyworth when asked if he had prior experience at wing. Paetsch said, "yes" when the truth was, "no." He just wanted to play.

When on the blueline, Paetsch is a small, quick defenseman that can move the puck. As a forward, his responsibility changes to more of a mucker role.

"[Playing wing in the NHL] really wasn't that much different. I pretty much had the exact same role as when I did when I was in Rochester. I played wing on the fourth line, was an energy guy, had to skate hard and had to hit, so it was quite similar for me."

His skating ability is what allows him to make the transition from defense to offense and back again.

"Playing wing, your ability to get your feet moving is always important," said Paetsch. "That's always been a huge asset of my game. Playing the wing, I've just got to skate as hard as I can and it helps me fit in out there."
                The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.

Comment

Working...
                X