PDA

View Full Version : Whoever says coaching is not the answer then explain this

Mitchell55
01-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Dallas, led the nfl in probowlers last year, didnt even make the P-offs this year. Washington had 23 probowlers at week 6 this year and didnt make the playoffs. NE won the superbowl in 2001 I think, with no talent outside of Brady and a HOF coach. Explain

lukabrossi
01-06-2009, 01:46 PM
I have no answers for ya.
But think about this.....The Bills beat the Chargers and Denver this year....and yet both teams found themselves playing each other for the AFCWEST divisional game? Does that make sense? It's horrendous when you think about how lowwwwwwwwwwwwwww the Bills have fallen.

Buffatexas
01-06-2009, 03:24 PM
what is worse is imagining if the Bills played in a different division, we could have made the playoffs a few times this decade.

jamze132
01-07-2009, 04:49 AM
Dallas, led the nfl in probowlers last year, didnt even make the P-offs this year. Washington had 23 probowlers at week 6 this year and didnt make the playoffs. NE won the superbowl in 2001 I think, with no talent outside of Brady and a HOF coach. Explain
When you put that many Pro Bowlers or wann-a-be Pro Bowlers on one roster, you are destined for suckiness because everyone has an ego and doesn't know how to work together and get along with each other.

Typ0
01-07-2009, 05:20 AM
it's really about having the right mixture of people who work together well in any organization. People need to stop using the pro bowl as a measuring stick for anything. It's not a measure of success it's a measure of respect.

jamze132
01-07-2009, 06:02 AM
it's really about having the right mixture of people who work together well in any organization. People need to stop using the pro bowl as a measuring stick for anything. It's not a measure of success it's a measure of respect.
It's more of a popularity contest than anything.

Goobylal
01-07-2009, 06:30 AM
Dallas didn't lose because of coaching. They lost because Romo is a choke artist. The Redskins aren't a talented team. And the Patriots cheated.

The Bills' problems this year stemmed primarily from the QB position. Edwards looked okay at the beginning, but then fell-off precipitously. Sure I think better coaching could have won a couple more games, but it was QB that did the Bills in.

jamze132
01-07-2009, 07:28 AM
Dallas didn't lose because of coaching. They lost because Romo is a choke artist. The Redskins aren't a talented team. And the Patriots cheated.

The Bills' problems this year stemmed primarily from the QB position. Edwards looked okay at the beginning, but then fell-off precipitously. Sure I think better coaching could have won a couple more games, but it was QB that did the Bills in.
I don't know if the best HC in the NFL could have been successful with JP under center.

ddaryl
01-07-2009, 07:41 AM
I know the answer to this one.... Coaching

don't forget the Bills are equally held back by some old wrinkly dude

Jan Reimers
01-07-2009, 07:59 AM
I think coaching was a huge problem for the Bills last year. I think Jauron's misuse of timeouts, poor decisions on challenges, horrible clock management, going into a conservative shell on several drives (playing for a FG instead of a TD, laying down in the last 2 minutes of halves, etc.), and throwing virtually everytime we had 3rd or 4th and short, cost us 3 or 4 games.

We need more talent, but he misused the talent we do have. If you have ineffective DEs, why not blitz? If you have Lynch running well, why pass or have JP roll out?

BTW, I think JP started 2 games. How can he shoulder the bulk of the blame from some of you for a 7-9 season?

ddaryl
01-07-2009, 08:05 AM

wow... you really didn't watch the team as whole if you think Edwards deserves the most blame

Romo may be a choke artist, but Wade found ways to bungle the Bills the same way Dallas went down this year.

Mahdi
01-07-2009, 08:14 AM
1. NE had more talent than just Brady.

DL: Seymour, Hamilton, Pleasant --- Very solid DL

LBs: Vrabel, Bruschi, Ted Johnson in their LB corps -- No talent??

CBs: Terrell Buckley, Tebucky Jones, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy -- No talent??

OL: Light, Neal, Woody, Andruzzi, Klemm -- was one of the best OL in football

TE: Jermaine Wiggins -- was an excellent receiving TE

WRs: Troy Brown, Terry Glenn, David Patten

Just because some of these guys were not seen as pro bowlers at the time doesnt mean they weren't talented.

Those players alone are enough to prove your statement wrong....

2. Washington had 23 probowlers because there was a fan voting campaign to get Redskins into the probowl.

3. Romo was injured for how many games this year? Had he not missed all those games they would have won at least a couple more of them and would not have been in a do or die situation in week 17.

Shanahan is a good coach and just got canned cause his team has been going nowhere for years... explain...

trapezeus
01-07-2009, 08:55 AM
what is worse is imagining if the Bills played in a different division, we could have made the playoffs a few times this decade.

true but a successful business looks at challenges and says, "what do i have to do?" instead of the bills front office set up of "who is to blame and how can we keep the blame off my desk?"

Mitchell55
01-07-2009, 04:23 PM

Romo is a choke artist but coaching has sucked all season for them. Moss, El, Portis, Cooley, Fletcher, Landry, Campbell, Washington, and Taylor are not talented? Who cares if the pats cheated in some games, they still won the SB with a horrible player team, the coaches won the SB for them.