What is the one consistent factor in our ineptitude?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

What is the one consistent factor in our ineptitude?

It's not Dick or any of the head coaches we've had this decade.

It's not the talent or players, they change, and we get some good talent here. not the best, but we aren't the least talented team in the league.

It's not the coordinators, they just do their job with what they have.

It is Ralph. He is the consistent thorn in the Bills' paw. He is the wall this team has been hitting for the past decade.

He is the consistent rock, that has been keeping us from getting in the playoffs.

Argue it's the coaches. He hires them.

Argue it's the staff. He hires the people that hire them.

Say it's the talent, well he has say in that, but also hires those drafting.

Why are we constantly rebuilding? Because we have one factor that remains unchanged. Ralph Wilson.

Why can't we pull a Dolphin or Falcon and turn it around in one offseason?

Ralph Wilson.

I may get flamed for this but it's true, and you know it.

I like Ralph and thank him greatly for bringing me the team I have loved since I was born. For giving me something that me and my family bonded over for years and a place to go to have the time of my life with thousands of other die-hards.

But the fact is, this team won't go to the playoffs or do anything special untill he's gone or changed. and the trend says he'll do the first before the latter...
    I am The Batman.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: What is the one consistent factor in our ineptitude?

The problem has ALWAYS been Ralph, period, exclamation point, end of chapter, close the book and put it on the shelf.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• lukabrossi
      Senior Zoner
      • Dec 2008

Ya know....anytime i say anything bad about Ralph, i get called a hater and an anti-bills fan.....good luck with all that, buddy.

Comment

• BillsWin
        man amongst boys
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by lukabrossi
        Ya know....anytime i say anything bad about Ralph, i get called a hater and an anti-bills fan.....good luck with all that, buddy.
        People know the truth. Im just venting what other people are too afraid to say. They think they owe Ralph something. Which we kind of do. Those of us that love the Bills more than anything. But the problem is no matter what we thing we owe him, he's hurting more than helping now.

It doesn't matter if I get pissy posters coming after me or not. but thanks!
        I am The Batman.

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          The problem has ALWAYS been Ralph, period, exclamation point, end of chapter, close the book and put it on the shelf.

some people don't realize it.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

you knew we had a stupid owner when he sid he'd rather beat the Butler led chargers than win the sb.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Which are the teams that consistent suck and what do they have in common?

Buffalo Bills - Ralph Wilson Jr.
              Cincinnati Bengals - Mike Brown
              Detroit Lions - Ford family
              Oakland Raiders - Al Davis

Yes I know the Raiders went to the Super Bowl sort of recently but even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Other than that these clubs have had much more down years than up years.

The answer - crappy owners.

The Cardinals and the Billwill family is there too, but they're on a lucky streak in a bad division this year.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

no we all know it, everyone on here knows it, we just dont go ranting about how we spending any more money on the Bills because we hate ralph, and that he isnt getting my 200 dollars this year!

He went about it a different way. He said "ralph is the reason we lose". Thats all truth and something we can all agree with.

Comment

• BillsWin
                  man amongst boys
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                  no we all know it, everyone on here knows it, we just dont go ranting about how we spending any more money on the Bills because we hate ralph, and that he isnt getting my 200 dollars this year!

He went about it a different way. He said "ralph is the reason we lose". Thats all truth and something we can all agree with.

Im just sick of losing. Ive been cheering on this team for so long, and defending them from other fans, taking **** from co-workers. Its just really sad that the reason behind the losing comes from the one who started it all...
                  I am The Batman.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                    H to the 12:20
                    • Jul 2002

You guys must be talking about a different board because this is one of the few things that most people on the BZ have agreed on for a while now.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
                      They think they owe Ralph something. Which we kind of do.
                      It's actually the other way around, I think Ralph owes the fans a LOT. That said, there is simply no reason for Ralph to shift the order of his priorities and place winning higher than his bottom line.

You either have to have an owner who wants to win because he wants to win, or one that wants to win because he has to in order to survive. As much as Ralph *****es and moans about Buffalo and being a small market team, he does not fall into either of those categories IMO.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

One consistent factor in our ineptitude? How about lack of pass rush? If Schobel can come back and give us a 7+ sack season, that would be great. Look at all the teams that made the playoffs. Baltimore has Suggs and Pryce, Miami has Porter, Atlanta has Abraham, Indianapolis has Freeney and Mathis, San Diego has Phillips and Castillo and the Giants got Tuck and Kiwanuka. Playoff teams have pass rushes.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

The one constant?

Inconsistent QB play.

When we had that we won games, when we didn't we lost games.

Simple as that.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

:

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                              Indeed but sometimes the blind squirrel does find the nut. Enter Chuck Knox & Bill Polian as prime examples.

Unfortunately, we found out Ralph has a peanut allergy.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X