PDA

View Full Version : What is the one consistent factor in our ineptitude?

BillsWin
01-06-2009, 03:09 PM
It's not Dick or any of the head coaches we've had this decade.

It's not the talent or players, they change, and we get some good talent here. not the best, but we aren't the least talented team in the league.

It's not the coordinators, they just do their job with what they have.

It is Ralph. He is the consistent thorn in the Bills' paw. He is the wall this team has been hitting for the past decade.

He is the consistent rock, that has been keeping us from getting in the playoffs.

Argue it's the coaches. He hires them.

Argue it's the staff. He hires the people that hire them.

Say it's the talent, well he has say in that, but also hires those drafting.

Why are we constantly rebuilding? Because we have one factor that remains unchanged. Ralph Wilson.

Why can't we pull a Dolphin or Falcon and turn it around in one offseason?

Ralph Wilson.

I may get flamed for this but it's true, and you know it.

I like Ralph and thank him greatly for bringing me the team I have loved since I was born. For giving me something that me and my family bonded over for years and a place to go to have the time of my life with thousands of other die-hards.

But the fact is, this team won't go to the playoffs or do anything special untill he's gone or changed. and the trend says he'll do the first before the latter...

Ebenezer
01-06-2009, 03:10 PM
The problem has ALWAYS been Ralph, period, exclamation point, end of chapter, close the book and put it on the shelf.

lukabrossi
01-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Ya know....anytime i say anything bad about Ralph, i get called a hater and an anti-bills fan.....good luck with all that, buddy.

BillsWin
01-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Ya know....anytime i say anything bad about Ralph, i get called a hater and an anti-bills fan.....good luck with all that, buddy.

People know the truth. Im just venting what other people are too afraid to say. They think they owe Ralph something. Which we kind of do. Those of us that love the Bills more than anything. But the problem is no matter what we thing we owe him, he's hurting more than helping now.

It doesn't matter if I get pissy posters coming after me or not. but thanks!

BillsWin
01-06-2009, 03:22 PM
The problem has ALWAYS been Ralph, period, exclamation point, end of chapter, close the book and put it on the shelf.

some people don't realize it.

justasportsfan
01-06-2009, 03:24 PM
you knew we had a stupid owner when he sid he'd rather beat the Butler led chargers than win the sb.

Mr. Miyagi
01-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Which are the teams that consistent suck and what do they have in common?

Buffalo Bills - Ralph Wilson Jr.
Cincinnati Bengals - Mike Brown
Detroit Lions - Ford family
Oakland Raiders - Al Davis

Yes I know the Raiders went to the Super Bowl sort of recently but even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Other than that these clubs have had much more down years than up years.

The answer - crappy owners.

The Cardinals and the Billwill family is there too, but they're on a lucky streak in a bad division this year.

Pinkerton Security
01-06-2009, 03:26 PM

no we all know it, everyone on here knows it, we just dont go ranting about how we spending any more money on the Bills because we hate ralph, and that he isnt getting my 200 dollars this year!

He went about it a different way. He said "ralph is the reason we lose". Thats all truth and something we can all agree with.

BillsWin
01-06-2009, 03:29 PM
no we all know it, everyone on here knows it, we just dont go ranting about how we spending any more money on the Bills because we hate ralph, and that he isnt getting my 200 dollars this year!

He went about it a different way. He said "ralph is the reason we lose". Thats all truth and something we can all agree with.

Im just sick of losing. Ive been cheering on this team for so long, and defending them from other fans, taking **** from co-workers. Its just really sad that the reason behind the losing comes from the one who started it all...

Jeff1220
01-06-2009, 04:39 PM

You guys must be talking about a different board because this is one of the few things that most people on the BZ have agreed on for a while now.

JJamezz
01-06-2009, 04:58 PM
They think they owe Ralph something. Which we kind of do.

It's actually the other way around, I think Ralph owes the fans a LOT. That said, there is simply no reason for Ralph to shift the order of his priorities and place winning higher than his bottom line.

You either have to have an owner who wants to win because he wants to win, or one that wants to win because he has to in order to survive. As much as Ralph *****es and moans about Buffalo and being a small market team, he does not fall into either of those categories IMO.

PECKERWOOD
01-06-2009, 05:22 PM
One consistent factor in our ineptitude? How about lack of pass rush? If Schobel can come back and give us a 7+ sack season, that would be great. Look at all the teams that made the playoffs. Baltimore has Suggs and Pryce, Miami has Porter, Atlanta has Abraham, Indianapolis has Freeney and Mathis, San Diego has Phillips and Castillo and the Giants got Tuck and Kiwanuka. Playoff teams have pass rushes.

Mr. Pink
01-06-2009, 05:29 PM
The one constant?

Inconsistent QB play.

When we had that we won games, when we didn't we lost games.

Simple as that.

jamze132
01-07-2009, 04:43 AM
:deadhorse:

Night Train
01-07-2009, 05:18 AM

Indeed but sometimes the blind squirrel does find the nut. Enter Chuck Knox & Bill Polian as prime examples.

Unfortunately, we found out Ralph has a peanut allergy.

Typ0
01-07-2009, 05:32 AM
The problem is really with the Fans. They just can't seem to be realistic about the whole situation and then they want to be bitter and push blame around. Ralph Wilson is the owner and he admittedly has low expectations for the team. That is right where the team is going to perform and he's accepted it. The fans, on the other hand, start out every season with high expectations only to be shot down. That's the problem people. Stop expecting a winning season and you won't be let down.

jamze132
01-07-2009, 06:10 AM
The problem is really with the Fans. They just can't seem to be realistic about the whole situation and then they want to be bitter and push blame around. Ralph Wilson is the owner and he admittedly has low expectations for the team. That is right where the team is going to perform and he's accepted it. The fans, on the other hand, start out every season with high expectations only to be shot down. That's the problem people. Stop expecting a winning season and you won't be let down.
Although I agree with your thought, it has nothing to do with the "ineptitude" as an organization which is what I think the thread was meant to be about.

Goobylal
01-07-2009, 06:38 AM
What's the consistent factor? Lack of a decent QB.

lukabrossi
01-07-2009, 06:50 AM
Ralph has completely deceived us fans with his lies, his facade and his bull**** about trying to make a commitment with a winning franchise. He puts "just enough" in place, to make the Bills(sometimes) competitive and we as the fans, just soak it up and believe that this may be the year(year after year after year) that we may have a winning season.
This is all bull**** and i'll listen to Ralph's lies no longer.
Ralph has to go........and don't even get me started with the lifeless and comatose Jauron.
The pair of them are useless....and it must be destiny that these two clowns ended-up together, at the helm of a floundering club.

jamze132
01-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Ralph has completely deceived us fans with his lies, his facade and his bull**** about trying to make a commitment with a winning franchise. He puts "just enough" in place, to make the Bills(sometimes) competitive and we as the fans, just soak it up and believe that this may be the year(year after year after year) that we may have a winning season.
Ralph has to go........and don't even get me started with the lifeless and comatose Jauron.
The pair of them are useless....and it must be destiny that these two clowns ended-up together, at the helm of a floundering club.
negative nancy

Night Train
01-07-2009, 07:30 AM

So are you pro or con ? I'm getting conflicting signals.

lukabrossi
01-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Ralph is a jackass.

Typ0
01-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Although I agree with your thought, it has nothing to do with the "ineptitude" as an organization which is what I think the thread was meant to be about.

it has everything to do with it because RW would say we aren't inept because we meet his expectations and a fan would say we are completely inept because we don't meet the fans expectations of success. So the one factor in our ineptitude is that as fans we expect the team to win in the first place...

sdbillsfan2
01-07-2009, 07:54 PM
[quote=BillsWin]It's not Dick or any of the head coaches we've had this decade.

I like Ralph and thank him greatly for bringing me the team I have loved since I was born. For giving me something that me and my family bonded over for years and a place to go to have the time of my life with thousands of other die-hards.

I was with you until this line BW. . Let's not forget that Bills fans have *MADE *RW a very wealthy man over the years. He didn't give us anything. We paid for everything (good 0r Bad ) over these years. And people are starting to ask if there really getting their monies worth in return.
Make no mistake Ralph is for Ralph ! Loyalty ? How loyal will people think he was after the team ends up someplace like Toronto.
Maybe the difference between Ralph and some of the other owners like the Rooney family was , They show their appreciation by putting a good product on the field top to bottom every year.
Jerry Jones is an idiot IMHO ,but the man at least has enough pride to attach his name to better then we get with the Bills.
Miami, Atlanta can turn it around in a year. The steelers win with a rookie QB . NE wins with an inexperienced ,unproven QB.
it can be done. But unless Ralph goes , don't expect much to change.

Nearly 50 years of watching the Bills, listening to all the jokes, defending all the crap we've been put through and this is the best we get ?
Raplh is the problem
.....And I'll never thank him for the opportunity to make him richer!

BillsWin
01-07-2009, 11:03 PM
[quote=BillsWin]It's not Dick or any of the head coaches we've had this decade.

I was with you until this line BW. . Let's not forget that Bills fans have *MADE *RW a very wealthy man over the years. He didn't give us anything. We paid for everything (good 0r Bad ) over these years. And people are starting to ask if there really getting their monies worth in return.
Make no mistake Ralph is for Ralph ! Loyalty ? How loyal will people think he was after the team ends up someplace like Toronto.
Maybe the difference between Ralph and some of the other owners like the Rooney family was , They show their appreciation by putting a good product on the field top to bottom every year.
Jerry Jones is an idiot IMHO ,but the man at least has enough pride to attach his name to better then we get with the Bills.
Miami, Atlanta can turn it around in a year. The steelers win with a rookie QB . NE wins with an inexperienced ,unproven QB.
it can be done. But unless Ralph goes , don't expect much to change.

Nearly 50 years of watching the Bills, listening to all the jokes, defending all the crap we've been put through and this is the best we get ?
Raplh is the problem
.....And I'll never thank him for the opportunity to make him richer!

sd i completely agree with your opinion on this. but im still grateful for him starting it up. but also agree with this all. and Ralph NEEDs to go.

trapezeus
01-08-2009, 12:39 PM

While i get this is written sarcastically, i do find it easier to take at the end of the season when the playoff season is squashed. i don't take all the bone headed coaching decisions so brutally. i just laugh it off and then turn the TV off or head out of the stadium without thinking too muhc. But when i'm rooting for them to make something of the season adn get us to the playoffs, i am just distraught when the team blows it.

Typ0
01-08-2009, 01:12 PM
there was no sarcastic intent. it was just good analysis and thanks for helping to make my point. RW never expected this team to make the playoffs...that's why he rushed into a deal with DJ after a hot start because he thought DJ must be some kind of miracle worker or something. But then the bottom dropped out and it turned out DJ was a mere mortal working with crap and the results ended up being just what RW expected.