PDA

View Full Version : Grossman Proud To Join Bears Tradition

PA Season Ticket Holder
05-08-2003, 08:29 PM
Rex Grossman happened to be in Chicago visiting his sister during draft weekend. So when the Bears called to say they were about to use the 22nd overall pick on him, Grossman figured he had done something to help his karma.

"I was in a hotel in downtown Chicago," Grossman recalled. "And my agent got the call and handed me the phone and [said] it's the Chicago Bears and they ended up taking me. We started jumping up and down and running around the hotel room. I think we broke a table or something like that."

While he knew he would find out his football fate last Saturday, Grossman really had no indication which team would select him. "Until (Bears General Manager) Jerry Angelo called, I really had no idea," Grossman explained. "They hadn't shown much interest throughout this whole process."

In fact, Grossman thought he might end up with the Packers, the Bears biggest rivals, before he got the call. "They'd shown quite a bit of interest," he said of the green and gold. "Their offensive coordinator and general manager were at my pro day and there were a lot of rumors about that, so I kind of thought that was a possibility."

http://www.nflplayers.com/news/news_release.asp?id=889

Dozerdog
05-08-2003, 08:32 PM
Tradition? Is he going to join a long , distinguished group of maimed QBs?