PDA

View Full Version : What about Alvin Bowen...

sauce
01-06-2009, 04:44 PM
We all know Keith Ellison sucks and should not be starting next season

So the Bills should address WLB in FA (Crow) or the draft

But then I was thinking what about Alvin Bowen...I know he was a tackling machine in college but had a pretty bad injury in TC

Anyone know the progress he has made with the injury

Mitchell55
01-06-2009, 04:46 PM

But then I was thinking what about Alvin Bowen...I know he was a tackling machine in college but had a pretty bad injury in TC

Maybe just use bowen, then draft a DE/LB in the 3rd so if Bowen is good hes the LB and if he isnt then we have a LB.

yordad
01-06-2009, 09:10 PM
He should be a special teams beast.

Mahdi
01-06-2009, 10:24 PM

Mitchell plays WLB for the Bills. Ellison is the SAM

bills&sabresmvf
01-06-2009, 11:43 PM
I totally forgot about Bowen...but, they still need to bring in a linebacker for depth. If you remember, when Kawika Mitchell was listed as questionable, Jon Corto was put in the starting position...I like Corto on ST, but to say he's a starting LB is scary...

jamze132
01-07-2009, 04:27 AM
We need to draft the best DE or LB available in RD1.

Pinkerton Security
01-07-2009, 08:42 AM
I also forgot about Bowen, he seemed to have some potential, and i was sad to see him go down. Lets hope he can contribute and learn as well. If I remember, Crowell was not good for his first couple years and has become very solid. Maybe Bowen can step up next year.

bigbub2352
01-07-2009, 10:04 AM
I like Bowen, but we over drafted the guy, he is also small like Ellison which doesnt help, i hope he can put some weight on in the offseason
He is a converted Saftey and is only like 220lbs, i think we need to be more stout with our LBers at the point of attack Ellison gets bulled over to much i fear Bowen will be much of the same
Should be good ST player and depth for us thou

justasportsfan
01-07-2009, 10:10 AM
NA our coaches love Ellison just like they love Kelsay and Wilson.

homeslice5484
01-07-2009, 10:17 AM
we could still keep crow now, he would be cheap compared to if he played this past season

Jan Reimers
01-07-2009, 10:53 AM
I like Bowen, but I'd still like to see us go LB and 2 DEs early in the draft/FA. Bowen was a 5th rounder, so I'm not sure he's the big time pass rusher we need. If he turns out to be good, so much the better. We will have great depth.

DraftBoy
01-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Given our recent draft history I dont know why anybody would hold their breath on this one.

THATHURMANATOR
01-07-2009, 11:03 AM
How much hope can we have for a 7th rounder that blew out his knee.......

ddaryl
01-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Bowen is SMALL and needs to put on weight

We have to many sub 230lb LB's IMHO. LB upgrades are part of the offseason package... we need a top dog to add to our starters and let the rest fight for backup spots

NC-BILLS44
01-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Healthy Bowen = Depth

Bills need freak pass rusher in 1st round, then LB help and new C.

ParanoidAndroid
01-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Healthy Bowen = Depth

Bills need freak pass rusher in 1st round, then LB help and new C.

Yes on all four points.

Night Train
01-07-2009, 01:32 PM
How much hope can we have for a 7th rounder that blew out his knee.......
5th rounder..the same exact build as Ellison & a complete unknown. The Bills will keep drafting and let training camp sort it out.