PDA

View Full Version : Draft untill the bills. Hows it?

Mitchell55
01-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Det- Matt Stafford QB- I still believe that OT is a better pick especially since they had all there QBs injured at some point in the season but Stafford would be a immediate boost.
STL- Andre Smith OT- Yes buffalo was able to get a pass rush against STL without schobel. That right there shows that they need a OT.
KC- Brian Orpako DE- They need a pass rusher more than we do. Thats amazing, not only that but last I checked they were about to set a record for the least sacks in the NFL.
Seattle- Michael Crabtree WR- The only WR since Calvin Johnson that I could actually see being a immediate impact.
Cleveland- Aaron Curry LB- Willie is probably gone and will not resign because he might retire, they were bottom 5 in most catagories in the run so they need a knew LB.
Cincinatti- Michael Ohr OT- RB is there biggest need in my opinion but they also need a T after being 3rd in sacks against.
Oakland- Malcolm Jenkins CB- May not be the biggest need at this moment but they lost D-Hall last year and now Asomqhua(I guessed at the spelling), now they dont have a number 1 or number 2 for that matter.
Jacksonville- Eugene Monroe OT- After the whole season of injuries on the line and even with that they had no one on the line, they need the best OL availible.
GreenBay- Michael Johnson DE- This will upset bills fans but Michael Johnson is a DE/LB and Greenbay was bottom 5 in rush D and sacks and this will cover both needs.
SF- Jason Smith OT- There at a pick that it should be a best player availible, but with how bad there OL has been they need this guy.
Buffalo- Everett Brown DE- I dont realy need to explain much on a bills forum but no LB because im actually considering this pick with the fact that we have already solved LB in FA with Suggs, Scott, Crow, Dansby etc.

PECKERWOOD
01-06-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm really hoping that one of the top OT's drops to us, we can find a trade partner down, easily.

Mitchell55
01-06-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm really hoping that one of the top OT's drops to us, we can find a trade partner down, easily.

So hows the draft?

PECKERWOOD
01-06-2009, 06:19 PM
So hows the draft?

I thought it was pretty realistic.

evol4276
01-06-2009, 07:22 PM
how many years must we throw the name suggs or any other baltimore d player out in the FA? never happened, and never will

Mitchell55
01-06-2009, 07:54 PM
how many years must we throw the name suggs or any other baltimore d player out in the FA? never happened, and never will

1st off, Scott will take less than most FA LBs, Suggs probably will not come here but might, I know Lewis wouldnt come here, and Dansby would come here.

DraftBoy
01-07-2009, 07:38 AM
I don't see Cleveland going OLB. They need to be a big time pass rusher and they have somebody like Alex Hall already.

Ingtar33
01-07-2009, 07:48 AM
that draft is too deep on the defensive side...

most of those teams are worse then horrible on offense. watch them make a "splash" with a QB. Especially after Flaco and Ryan getting their teams to the playoffs this year.

you'll see 3 or 4 QBs go in the first 15 picks i think.

DraftBoy
01-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Stafford is announcing his decision today, Sanchez shouldn't be far behind. Bradford will after the National Title game.

BlackMetalNinja
01-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Stafford is announcing his decision today, Sanchez shouldn't be far behind. Bradford will after the National Title game.Speaking of, where do you see Sanchez going if he declares?

DraftBoy
01-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Speaking of, where do you see Sanchez going if he declares?

To San Francisco

DraftBoy
01-07-2009, 10:41 AM
that draft is too deep on the defensive side...

most of those teams are worse then horrible on offense. watch them make a "splash" with a QB. Especially after Flaco and Ryan getting their teams to the playoffs this year.

you'll see 3 or 4 QBs go in the first 15 picks i think.

I see 3, Sanchez, Stafford, and Bradford...who would be your 4th?

PECKERWOOD
01-07-2009, 10:45 AM
I see 3, Sanchez, Stafford, and Bradford...who would be your 4th?

He is probably thinking that some GM will fall in love with Freeman's measurables, which he maybe right on that.

THATHURMANATOR
01-07-2009, 10:46 AM
WHYYYYYYYYYY?

We have a top tackle in Peters who wants to be here and a serviceable one in Walker. Why trade a proven Peters for an unproven guy?

DraftBoy
01-07-2009, 10:49 AM
WHYYYYYYYYYY?

We have a top tackle in Peters who wants to be here and a serviceable one in Walker. Why trade a proven Peters for an unproven guy?

I think he's talking about trading down with another team who needs an OT and could pick at our spot instead of trading Peters.

DraftBoy
01-07-2009, 10:49 AM
He is probably thinking that some GM will fall in love with Freeman's measurables, which he maybe right on that.

I see Freeman as the closest thing to Jamarcus Russell right now. He has a long way to go to prove he can be a good NFL QB.

PECKERWOOD
01-07-2009, 11:05 AM
If all of those QB's declare, I could see something like:

Detroit - Bradford, QB (lol, if I were Bradford I would go back to school for another year. Being drafted by Detroit is a real career killer.)
St. Louis - Stafford, QB (Bulger is crap, he is old and always injured. I could see the Rams dropping Marc and Tory this offseason.)
Kanas City - Orakpo, DE (Their pass rush was worst than ours, they take Orakpo here.)
Seattle - Smith, OT (They solidify their OL with the top LT prospect in the draft. Could you imagine Curry here? Peterson, Tatupu, Curry.. Their defense would be over the top. Btw, I see Seattle getting a WR in FA.)
Cleveland - Moreno, RB (They really need a RB, Moreno the man for the job.)
Cincinnati - Monroe, OT (It's about time you start protecting Palmer.)
Oakland - Mays, FS (Al Davis on Mays: "WHAT?? He is 6'3 and he runs a 4.3!? He is going to be the best safety EVER!! Prepare the child sacrifice at once and tonight, we drink goat blood!)
Jacksonville - Crabtree, WR (I'm hearing that Crabtree runs about a 4.7, this could really drop him - if we're lucky he may fall to us.)
Green Bay - Jenkins, CB (The combined age of their 2 starting CB's probably right around 70, lmao.)
San Fran - Brown, DE (They need help on the DL, plus it looks like Brown is the 2nd coming of Dwight Freeney.)
Buffalo - Curry, OLB ( WOOOHOOOO!!!!)

BTW, if San Fran were to break our heart again and take Curry before us.. I would be fine with us taking Brown, he is a stud and I would wish San Fran well on another 4-12 season.

BlackMetalNinja
01-07-2009, 12:15 PM
To San FranciscoI meant more specifically position in the draft, but I guess I can put 2 and 2 together from that.

X-Era
01-07-2009, 01:03 PM
I don't see Cleveland going OLB. They need to be a big time pass rusher and they have somebody like Alex Hall already.

Agreed, their secondary is also putrid, Malcolm Jenkins makes a ton of sense.