PDA

View Full Version : We need a "Rape" Defense.

Pecan
01-06-2009, 09:20 PM
The playoffs are underway and as a bills fan im forced to watch other teams (since 99) and every year i just want a "Rape" defense.

I see the ravens and im like "Yes!!!" that is just domination and awesomness.

The bills need to scrap all hopes for even a mediocre offense and invest it all in defense. A defense with a speedy ball hawking secondary. Beast like linebackers. and a front four that can dominate.

We got trent edwards who is trent dilfer jr. (with way more injuries) and a good RB tandem. find a decent o-line and middle of the road WR's and that will be all we need.

Lets just go all out on D. why not?

Mitchell55
01-06-2009, 09:27 PM
The only way we would get that type of D is if Jeff Garcia was coach and Tom Brady was DC.

yordad
01-06-2009, 09:29 PM
I don't think Ray Lewises or Ed Reeds grow on trees. Oh, plus Ralph is cheap.

VeggieMan14
01-06-2009, 09:29 PM
If it means W's whatever works

Pecan
01-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Ya I know...But it would be cool to have an identity that isnt as embarassing as the one we already have.

No matter what, Every Bills Team has tremendus amount of heart because it is almost transplanted into the team from us fans but a punishing defense could just be what we need to do.

Plus us being a "cheap" franchise, Defense and special teams is more practical.

jamze132
01-07-2009, 04:36 AM
If you want a "rape" defense, we need to get rid of our current DEs and bring in some guys that know how to pressure the QB. Oh, and get rid of this Perry Fewell guy...

PECKERWOOD
01-07-2009, 06:45 AM
The playoffs are underway and as a bills fan im forced to watch other teams (since 99) and every year i just want a "Rape" defense.

I see the ravens and im like "Yes!!!" that is just domination and awesomness.

The bills need to scrap all hopes for even a mediocre offense and invest it all in defense. A defense with a speedy ball hawking secondary. Beast like linebackers. and a front four that can dominate.

We got trent edwards who is trent dilfer jr. (with way more injuries) and a good RB tandem. find a decent o-line and middle of the road WR's and that will be all we need.

Lets just go all out on D. why not?

I agree bro! Take a look at my signature. We can always dream, right? IN reality though we will probably take a player who was rated as a 2nd round prospect with our #11 pick. The franchise can't draft worth ****.

ddaryl
01-07-2009, 08:44 AM
a "rape" D ?

is that what happens at the bottom of the pile? Guess I wouldn't want to be on Offense then.

justasportsfan
01-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Rapists have aggressive mindets. You can't rape anyone if you have a conservative outlook on things.

DraftBoy
01-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Can we not come up with a better descriptive term than "rape"? Come on folks have some class.

Jan Reimers
01-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Pillage and plunder might work better.

PECKERWOOD
01-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Dick would probably like that, Dick would probably like that a whole lot.

ddaryl
01-07-2009, 11:35 AM
pillage and plundering D sounds better... I always wanted to pillage.. I might have plundered once or twice, but I really want to try pillaging

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Oh yeah, it's just matter of getting Ray Lewis, Bart Scott, Terrell Suggs, Haloti Ngata, Trevor Price, Ed Reed, Samari Rolle, and that type of talent to our team.

It's just matter of that, why did I never thought that might be the solution - drafting kick-ass players and bring in some valuable free agents?

Hey, I wonder why not every team has done this? It's just that plain and simple, isn't?

Let's just bild a "rape" defense!

PECKERWOOD
01-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Oh yeah, it's just matter of getting Ray Lewis, Bart Scott, Terrell Suggs, Haloti Ngata, Trevor Price, Ed Reed, Samari Rolle, and that type of talent to our team.

It's just matter of that, why did I never thought that might be the solution - drafting kick-ass players and bring in some valuable free agents?

Hey, I wonder why not every team has done this? It's just that plain and simple, isn't?

Let's just bild a "rape" defense!

I agree, in order to have a rape defense, Dick needs to teach them how to play hard. Dick is a hell of a teacher, if he can teach these guys how to play hard, then you may see some of our studs blow up on the scene.

justasportsfan
01-07-2009, 12:45 PM
I agree, in order to have a rape defense, Dick needs to teach them how to play hard. Dick is a hell of a teacher, if he can teach these guys how to play hard, then you may see some of our studs blow up on the scene.

playing hard means nothing when you put them in horrible losing situations.

Dick "Hey look, our running game is playing hard. let's throw the ball".

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Uh I don't think you got my idea.No I don't think it's just a matter of Dick learning them, it's an even more challenging attempt than that - get a good defensive coach ala Ryan (not Fewell), draft good defensive players (we have some decent quality but that's it), and reinforce the team on free agency (how is this going to be even possible when our overall salary is that low?).

That's my whole point, in order to build a rape defense we need such more quality in the field, the sideline, and upstairs. It's not like even the good managed teams can build such a defense that easily.

We have the talent to do so much more in my opinion, but it's not like we have the talent to make that much... at least not yet and not with our coaches and FO.

justasportsfan
01-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Don't know what you guys were watching , we had a rape defense . Unfortunately, we were more of the rape victims thanks to the coaches.

PECKERWOOD
01-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Dick needs to show Poz how to stuff the hole, Fewell should watch because he may learn something too. Eventually Poz will learn how to play hard. He is just a rookie, not every LB comes in hard and ready to stuff the hole in their first season, it's definately a learning process for starters, everybody gets better at it in time, nobody is good at it on their first try. Watch guys like Rey Lewis and Terrell Suggs attack the hole, the RB has NOWHERE to go, they're trapped.

jmb1099
01-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Can we not come up with a better descriptive term than "rape"? Come on folks have some class.
Thank you.

billsfanone
01-07-2009, 02:29 PM
How about domestic violence defense?

Jan Reimers
01-07-2009, 02:49 PM
pillage and plundering D sounds better... I always wanted to pillage.. I might have plundered once or twice, but I really want to try pillaging
Once you've pillaged, you'll never go back to plundering.

realdealryan
01-07-2009, 06:15 PM
We need to get in the right mindset first.

Step 1
We need to get Donte Whitner and a few other guys who need to step it up to start carpooling. In a rape van.

http://www.michaeloconnell.com/van/oldvan2med.jpg