PDA

View Full Version : QB Situation

Pecan
01-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Ok. so I was thinking about this....

Trent Edwards has had two completely average seasons as the bills #1 QB. Im not saying hes not the answer but as of now.. not seeing a bright future.

The draft is offering a couple Good QB's (potentialy).As we all know the bills pick 11th

OK enough jibba jabba... If Sam Bradford falls down the board to the bills selection should we take the chance?

I think he has what it takes to turn a team around winca few games.

P.s.

Doesnt Sam Bradford Look like Richard "the nightstalker" remirez? lolz

jamze132
01-07-2009, 04:28 AM
It's a touch decision but I'm not sold on Bradford. Matt Leinart was supposed to be good too.

Typ0
01-07-2009, 05:49 AM
TE has only been the bills #1 QB for one season...and half of the time he played he played very well. I don't call that completely average and hopefully the poor performances that made his numbers average were due to growing pains. But I agree with your premise just not your solution. Another rookie is not the answer here. We need someone we can count on to provide solid performance from the QB position not another unknown.

ddaryl
01-07-2009, 08:15 AM
under 0 circumstances will we be drafting a QB this year... We only need the best vet mentoring backup available on the FA

We have a QB and Edwards has shown he can move the football effectively. All we need is a upgrade at TE and/or WR and some interior OL upgrades on the O.

Oh, and some gameplanning and play calling improvements from the OC and HC.

In fact i would have to say our 7-9 record has much more to do with all the things I mentioned above rahter then QB play

The King
01-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Sign a veteran backup and see what Trent does this year. There's no harm waiting, since next years draft class is more promising.

Pinkerton Security
01-07-2009, 08:29 AM
I like Bradford but I'm often wary of QB's in quirky offenses. You may say that OK isnt that quirky and is more pro-style, but any team that passes as much as they do is not pro-style, IMO. Its certainly not a balanced attack.

justasportsfan
01-07-2009, 09:01 AM
I think Trent is a better qb than what we've seen. He just has crappy coaches just like every other player on the team.

Crazygoo
01-07-2009, 09:13 AM
I agree, i don't think we should be wasting a draft pick on a QB this year. Lets try to pick one up on the market and wait and see how trent does this year before bringing in another young QB.

Pecan
01-07-2009, 07:53 PM
I like Bradford but I'm often wary of QB's in quirky offenses. You may say that OK isnt that quirky and is more pro-style, but any team that passes as much as they do is not pro-style, IMO. Its certainly not a balanced attack.

Ya, i agree with you about the quirky offense thing and thats why graham harrell and the other ty detmer types arent drafted high.....but i see a whole winning demeanor in bradford that you dont see often. Im not saying the bills should get him im just saying it would make for quite the decission if hes there at 11. either way...its gonna be a long road.....

yordad
01-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Maybe trade back. Call Minnesota and others. The Redskins are 2 picks after us. Both should be interested if he lasted to 11, and Minny might want to jump over them. But, I guess this depends on what happens between now and then, who else is available, and what they are willing to part with.

Oaf
01-08-2009, 09:36 AM
I'm with Edwards, 100% for 2009. Maybe draft another QB in the 4th or 5th?

mybills
01-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Sign a veteran backup and see what Trent does this year. There's no harm waiting, since next years draft class is more promising.
Ditto.

Not only to see what he does, but to see if he stays healthy. But drafting another rookie now is NOT a good idea.