• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

QBs from Class of 2004 making Super pursuit an annual event

Those who say it is about the journey and not the destination simply haven't experienced the destination. Especially if the destination is the Super Bowl.

Four teams in 2004 drafted quarterbacks in the first round with an eye toward greatness. Three of them are chasing the NFL championship, two of them with Super Bowl rings already banked behind these quarterbacks.

Eli Manning won the Super Bowl with the New York Giants last February. He was the first overall pick in '04, taken by the San Diego Chargers. They traded him to the Giants for Philip Rivers, the fourth choice, and a bunch of other picks after Manning's representatives indicated the player would not sign with the Chargers.

The Pittsburgh Steelers won Super Bowl XL in Ben Roethlisberger's second season.

Shut out entirely: J.P. Losman, picked 22nd by the Buffalo Bills. His team never made the playoffs in his five star-crossed seasons and he is likely to be a free agent next month.

Rivers led his team to the AFC Championship Game last season where the New England Patriots ended their quest. Now the hunt is renewed as the Chargers move into the divisional-round playoffs against Roethlisberger and the Steelers.
  • Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
    • May 2007

Re: QBs from Class of 2004 making Super pursuit an annual event

Oh I think we should have expected that - of all the four quaterbacks selected in the first round of that draft the Giants, San Diego, and the Steelers picked the three very possible future hall of famers and we the Buffalo Bills got ourselves JP Loserman.
    I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

JP would have won a Super Bowl by now if he was drafted by the Giants, Steelers, or Chargers.

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

How are we always so wrong
        nothing to do with the Bills brass just luck right?
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

I remember the Bills tried hard to trade up for Roethliburger with Houston but the Texans wanted to draft Robinson @DB and were worried that the Jets, who picked one ahead of Buffalo, would take him because they needed help at DB as well. As a result they did not consumate a trade and the Bills drafted Evans since Roethlisberger was drafted by Pitsburgh

Picked one pick after the Cowboys selected Julius Jones with the pick given up by the Bills for Losman was Bob Sanders taken by the Colts.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
            Picked one pick after the Cowboys selected Julius Jones with the pick given up by the Bills for Losman was Bob Sanders taken by the Colts.
            That was the second time in a row that the Colts got someone we should have drafted.

In 2003 we picked Willis McGahee 23rd. The very next pick? Dallas Clark to the Colts.

Comment

• cocamide
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
              JP would have won a Super Bowl by now if he was drafted by the Giants, Steelers, or Chargers.
              Sure, if he was selected in the 7th round as a backup to Manning, Roethlisberger, or Rivers.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                That was the second time in a row that the Colts got someone we should have drafted.

In 2003 we picked Willis McGahee 23rd. The very next pick? Dallas Clark to the Colts.
                ****ing Tom Donahoe mother ****er

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

I'm not defending JP at all - there is no comparison between him and the other 3 - but given our talent level, would Big Ben, Eli or Rivers have had the success in Buffalo as they've had with their teams?

We've got talent, coaching and FO issues that pale in comparison to these other teams, so JP has had a lot of help in our abject failure.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Patti120
                    • Aug 2004

Tis comical isn't it?

Comment

• theanswer74
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      I'm not defending JP at all - there is no comparison between him and the other 3 - but given our talent level, would Big Ben, Eli or Rivers have had the success in Buffalo as they've had with their teams?

We've got talent, coaching and FO issues that pale in comparison to these other teams, so JP has had a lot of help in our abject failure.
                      All I know is those teams picked ahead of us in the draft that year for a reason.

You have bad teams that get better when those QB's took over, the Bills had a good team that got worse once Losman took over.

You do the math.

Comment

• BillsWin
                        man amongst boys
                        • Oct 2008

If Rivers won the superbowl and Losman was any good it would've been the best QB draft ever in my opinion.
                        I am The Batman.

Comment

• The King
                          Without me it's just Awe so
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                          every team needs a holder.
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
                            If Rivers won the superbowl and Losman was any good it would've been the best QB draft ever in my opinion.
                            Better than Kelly-Marino-Elway in 83? IMO none of the Manning-Ben-Philips is even close to Kelly-Marino-Elway.

And JP Losman is our Ken O'Brien.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                              Better than Kelly-Marino-Elway in 83? IMO none of the Manning-Ben-Philips is even close to Kelly-Marino-Elway.

And JP Losman is our Ken O'Brien.

Nah, Ken O'Brien did have some success....

More like our Todd Blackledge.

Comment

Working...
                              X