PDA

View Full Version : The paper printed my letter to the editor

northernbillfan
01-07-2009, 10:43 AM
We were at the Oilers skills competition last weekend and had an ugly experience. I wrote into the Edmonton Sun about it and they printed my letter today.

I would like to thank the Oilers for making the skills competition such a family fun event. My family had a great time at our first skills competition. It was nice to see the players in a fun atmosphere. To the ignorant clod who grabbed the T-shirt out of my son's hands when Gagne looked at us and tossed it over the glass to him, thanks. Thanks for showing us the true jerk you are. When I told you thanks for taking the shirt out og my son's hands and you replied, "tough," it showed us the ugly side of the twentysomething crowd. I would have felt different about it had you been with a young kid to give the shirt to, but you and your friends went off laughing. I hope you got a flat tire on the way home.

Linky (http://www.edmontonsun.com/Comment/Letters/2009/01/07/7941461-sun.html)

DraftBoy
01-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Don't be shocked if you get something in the mail from the Oilers, especially if you provided your address to the paper with your letter.

The King
01-07-2009, 10:58 AM
I really hate the bum wrap the 20 something crowd gets. You ran into a dickhead, he'll probably be a dickhead at 50 too. Has nothing to do with his age.

I cant tell you how many free shirts i have grabbed and handed to kids, at games.

Every crowd has an ugly side regardless of age.

northernbillfan
01-07-2009, 11:27 AM
I really hate the bum wrap the 20 something crowd gets. You ran into a dickhead, he'll probably be a dickhead at 50 too. Has nothing to do with his age.

I cant tell you how many free shirts i have grabbed and handed to kids, at games.

Every crowd has an ugly side regardless of age.The 20 something crown in Edmonton is of a different nature. They have pockets full of cash from working in the oil patch and don't have much regard for anyone or anything. They are the epitome of ignorant rednecks. That said, there are still many gems amongst that crowd, we just see the ugly ones more often.

Dude
01-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Don't be shocked if you get something in the mail from the Oilers, especially if you provided your address to the paper with your letter.That being the case ...

I would like to thank the Oilers for making the skills competition such a family fun event. My family had a great time at our first skills competition. It was nice to see the players in a fun atmosphere. To the ignorant clod who grabbed the bag containing $50 million out of my son's hands when Gagne looked at us and tossed it over the glass to him, thanks. Thanks for showing us the true jerk you are. When I told you thanks for taking the bag out og my son's hands and you replied, "tough," it showed us the ugly side of the twentysomething crowd. I would have felt different about it had you been with a hot chick with huge breasts and pouty lips to give the cash to, but you and your friends went off laughing. I hope you got a flat tire on the way home.:up:

shelby
01-07-2009, 02:01 PM
They have rednecks in Canada?

hammerbillsfan
01-07-2009, 02:06 PM

unfortunetly yes :sigh:

billsfanone
01-07-2009, 02:19 PM
So how did this happen exactly? Was the shirt in full possession? Was there a scramble for it? I need more details before I give my detailed response to the matter.

northernbillfan
01-07-2009, 03:03 PM
So how did this happen exactly? Was the shirt in full possession? Was there a scramble for it? I need more details before I give my detailed response to the matter.The shirt landed in my son's hands as they were raised up. The punk behind us yoinked it out of his hands.

billsfanone
01-07-2009, 03:27 PM
The shirt landed in my son's hands as they were raised up. The punk behind us yoinked it out of his hands.

Did your son have a firm grip? Was it clearly in your son's hands before said yoink?

The King
01-07-2009, 03:32 PM
The shirt landed in my son's hands as they were raised up. The punk behind us yoinked it out of his hands.

Is your son Peerless Price?

OpIv37
01-07-2009, 07:32 PM

well they have hicks- there isn't enough sun to actually turn their necks red.

northernbillfan
01-08-2009, 01:03 AM
well they have hicks- there isn't enough sun to actually turn their necks red.The sunniest spot in Canada is Alberta. Plenty of rednecks here.

rbochan
01-08-2009, 06:58 AM
There are rednecks _everywhere_.