• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

The paper printed my letter to the editor

We were at the Oilers skills competition last weekend and had an ugly experience. I wrote into the Edmonton Sun about it and they printed my letter today.

I would like to thank the Oilers for making the skills competition such a family fun event. My family had a great time at our first skills competition. It was nice to see the players in a fun atmosphere. To the ignorant clod who grabbed the T-shirt out of my son's hands when Gagne looked at us and tossed it over the glass to him, thanks. Thanks for showing us the true jerk you are. When I told you thanks for taking the shirt out og my son's hands and you replied, "tough," it showed us the ugly side of the twentysomething crowd. I would have felt different about it had you been with a young kid to give the shirt to, but you and your friends went off laughing. I hope you got a flat tire on the way home.

Linky
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: The paper printed my letter to the editor

Don't be shocked if you get something in the mail from the Oilers, especially if you provided your address to the paper with your letter.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I really hate the bum wrap the 20 something crowd gets. You ran into a dickhead, he'll probably be a dickhead at 50 too. Has nothing to do with his age.

I cant tell you how many free shirts i have grabbed and handed to kids, at games.

Every crowd has an ugly side regardless of age.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
        I really hate the bum wrap the 20 something crowd gets. You ran into a dickhead, he'll probably be a dickhead at 50 too. Has nothing to do with his age.

I cant tell you how many free shirts i have grabbed and handed to kids, at games.

Every crowd has an ugly side regardless of age.
        The 20 something crown in Edmonton is of a different nature. They have pockets full of cash from working in the oil patch and don't have much regard for anyone or anything. They are the epitome of ignorant rednecks. That said, there are still many gems amongst that crowd, we just see the ugly ones more often.
        When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Dude
          that slimey ass of an admin at the zone
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          Don't be shocked if you get something in the mail from the Oilers, especially if you provided your address to the paper with your letter.
          That being the case ...
          I would like to thank the Oilers for making the skills competition such a family fun event. My family had a great time at our first skills competition. It was nice to see the players in a fun atmosphere. To the ignorant clod who grabbed the bag containing $50 million out of my son's hands when Gagne looked at us and tossed it over the glass to him, thanks. Thanks for showing us the true jerk you are. When I told you thanks for taking the bag out og my son's hands and you replied, "tough," it showed us the ugly side of the twentysomething crowd. I would have felt different about it had you been with a hot chick with huge breasts and pouty lips to give the cash to, but you and your friends went off laughing. I hope you got a flat tire on the way home.

Comment

• shelby
            The Vanilla admin
            • Jul 2002

They have rednecks in Canada?

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by shelby
              unfortunetly yes

Comment

• billsfanone
                Majored in Home Economics
                • Sep 2008

So how did this happen exactly? Was the shirt in full possession? Was there a scramble for it? I need more details before I give my detailed response to the matter.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by oceros
                  So how did this happen exactly? Was the shirt in full possession? Was there a scramble for it? I need more details before I give my detailed response to the matter.
                  The shirt landed in my son's hands as they were raised up. The punk behind us yoinked it out of his hands.

Comment

• billsfanone
                    Majored in Home Economics
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                    The shirt landed in my son's hands as they were raised up. The punk behind us yoinked it out of his hands.
                    Did your son have a firm grip? Was it clearly in your son's hands before said yoink?

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                      Is your son Peerless Price?
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by shelby
                        well they have hicks- there isn't enough sun to actually turn their necks red.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          well they have hicks- there isn't enough sun to actually turn their necks red.
                          The sunniest spot in Canada is Alberta. Plenty of rednecks here.

Comment

• rbochan
                            Zamboni Driver
                            • Jun 2008

There are rednecks _everywhere_.
                            ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
                            it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

Working...
                            X