• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA Season Ticket Holder
    You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
    • Jul 2002

Gonzalez, Boerigter to miss upcoming minicamp

Subtract 3,480 yards, 153 receptions and 39 touchdowns from the Chiefs' offense for their weekend minicamp.

That's last season's combined production from tight end Tony Gonzalez, wide receiver Marc Boerigter and halfback Priest Holmes. None will participate in the three-day camp that begins Friday at the Truman Sports Complex.

Gonzalez and Boerigter were excused by coach Dick Vermeil -- Gonzalez, to attend college graduation ceremonies for his brother; Boerigter, to get married.

Holmes is recovering from the hip injury that ended his 2002 season two games early.

Gonzalez has had his share of off-season disputes with the Chiefs, first centering on his desire to play basketball, then last season with his status as the unsigned franchise player.

This year's absence is nothing of the sort. He asked Vermeil for permission to be in Commerce, Texas, where his brother Chris is graduating from Texas A&M-Commerce with a degree in kinesiology.

"Tony financed him for four years to go through school, and he asked me because he's been very involved if he could be there when (his brother) graduates," Vermeil said. "I can appreciate that."

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home
Working...
X