PDA

View Full Version : My prediction for the 2009 draft through full season

trapezeus
01-08-2009, 11:45 AM
I wrote this in a thread that someone suggested that we take a QB in the first round. Instead of posting there, i figured I'd create a separate post because i wanted to hear people's take on my fictional 2009 season in the event the bills FO let us down with a first round qb choice.

Enjoy
if the bills draft another QB in the first round then i'll expect this as the most annoying draft in recent memory (and that's saying alot based on all the dud drafts we've had)

Here is a peak at 2009 if the bills take a QB in the first round.

1. QB
2. DB
3. DB
4. Reach on undersized DE
4. Trade back with the patriots giving them picks 6 and 7 of this year. They'll turn those two picks into gold. We take a TE who doesn't specialize in catching or blocking. But he is a team leaderin the lockerroom.
5. WR...he'll be a stud in 2 years time.

The fanzone threads will pop up about which jersey to buy. How the QB is a stud and how our 3rd round DB was a steal in the scheme of things.

Come training came our TE will get hurt, the DE will show up and we'll all know he's going to underwhelm when our expectations are already really low.

Preseason will have the QB struggle. Edwards will suck, we'll clamor to play the #1 draft pick. Jauron tells us Edwards is his guy. We go 2-2 through preseason.

Season opener, bills are competitive until the 4th quarter. They lose in a new found method of agonizing pain. We all scream about how jauron is kept. we want Edwards out.

Through the first 4 weeks we are 2-2 because we played 2 really bad teams. We think, "but we are competitive in those other two losses. We'll win the next two games easily." They seem like games we could and should win if we are a playoff team.

The bills drop that 5th game. Edwards is terrible. We ask for him to be benched. Mid week Jauron puts him on the IR because of a toe nail infection. In comes the first rounder. We are all relieved.

Game 6 - the team gets blown out on the road. We all say, "he looked good. It's his first game, give him a break." We are concerned more with the OL and the DL. "and When are they going to play our rookies on D," we all scream.

We end the half of the season 3-5. Here comes a home stretch of games. And the AFC east is horrible with brady out still, cassell going through a sophmore slump, the jets bungling their coaching hire and QB situation, and pennington not being good enough and the dolphins breaking in a new QB. "We can do this."

Bills win the next 2, become a .500 team. We get to the hard part of the schedule. "IF we are a playoff team, we need to win these games," says Op. People get on his case for being downer. Skooby starts a rep thread about the playoffs. People get on his case for being excited for his team. We all remain anxious as though a loved one is in the ICU and we're awaiting the doctor's results.

Two heart breaking losses of the Jet's game magnitude and dallas game magnitude. These occur back to back. one in the national spotlight. 5-7. We lose hope. We want jauron gone. people are trying to organize a boycott. Others curse at the boycotters. "we're still in this. We win out, the dolphins, jets lose, and pats tie, plus the 3rd moon of Uranus engulfed by a black hole and we're in. Show your faith or stop being Bills fan!" says the more empassioned posters.

Jauron is forced back to switch QBs, but edwards has been IR'd as well as any other half way performing player on the team. Therefore we're back to hamden ball. Hamden wins us a confusing and boring game. 6-7. "Oh, if we could just win the next 3. We'll get the east."

We play the patriots, they kill us in a fashion that even the NC-17 rating guides would fail. The stadium is empty by 3rd snap of the game. 7-7. Followed by two uninspired games on the road.

Season ends 7-9, people want change! Jauron is kept. "Talent is the issue. We'll have it next year in the uncapped 2010 season." says ralph. Ralph then tells us that "Modrak and Guy's darts that they throw at the draft board have been dull the last 3 years. Therefore he's upgrading the dart scouting team and giving Modrak GM duties, the title of queen of ralphland, and a duke-ship for his children. Guy becomes the grand goomba and Brandon gets credit for keeping season ticket sales at 2.

We curse some more, renew our tickets and sunday ticket, and put on our jerseys for the 2010 draft.

Did I miss anything?

Lone Stranger
01-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Well done.

T-Long
01-08-2009, 12:48 PM
haha well done my friend