PDA

View Full Version : New WalterFootball Mock

PECKERWOOD
01-08-2009, 03:20 PM
http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

I wouldn't mind that draft at all, they are dead on with our team needs.

---------------

I also saw this draft on bb.com:

1. Detroit Lions – Sam Bradford QB, Oklahoma
2. St. Louis Rams – Andre Smith OT, Alabama
3. Kansas City Chiefs – Brian Orakpo DE, Texas
4. Seattle Seahawks – Michael Crabtree - WR - Texas Tech
5. Cleveland Browns – Rey Maualuga ILB, USC
6. Cincinnati Bengals – Chris Wells RB, Ohio State
7. Oakland Raiders – Aaron Curry OLB, Wake Forest
8. Jacksonville Jaguars – Michael Oher OT, Ole Miss
9. Green Bay Packers – Everette Brown DE, Florida State
10. San Francisco 49ers – Taylor Mays SS, USC
11. Buffalo - Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

This would be very intriguing.. Drafting Monroe gives us leverage over Jason Peters, allowing us to trade him for multiple draft picks --- or trading him straight up for a player like Anquan Boldin in Arizona.

patmoran2006
01-08-2009, 04:27 PM
http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

I wouldn't mind that draft at all, they are dead on with our team needs.

---------------

I also saw this draft on bb.com:

1. Detroit Lions – Sam Bradford QB, Oklahoma
2. St. Louis Rams – Andre Smith OT, Alabama
3. Kansas City Chiefs – Brian Orakpo DE, Texas
4. Seattle Seahawks – Michael Crabtree - WR - Texas Tech
5. Cleveland Browns – Rey Maualuga ILB, USC
6. Cincinnati Bengals – Chris Wells RB, Ohio State
7. Oakland Raiders – Aaron Curry OLB, Wake Forest
8. Jacksonville Jaguars – Michael Oher OT, Ole Miss
9. Green Bay Packers – Everette Brown DE, Florida State
10. San Francisco 49ers – Taylor Mays SS, USC
11. Buffalo - Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

This would be very intriguing.. Drafting Monroe gives us leverage over Jason Peters, allowing us to trade him for multiple draft picks --- or trading him straight up for a player like Anquan Boldin in Arizona.
Forget about leverage over current players?
How about getting a good player at a NEED position. We dont need a LT.. We need more talent at more positions on the field.

Addition by subtraction gets this team nowhere bro.

PECKERWOOD
01-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Forget about leverage over current players?
How about getting a good player at a NEED position. We dont need a LT.. We need more talent at more positions on the field.

Addition by subtraction gets this team nowhere bro.

Well, even if we don't trade Peters, let's say we keep him and draft Monroe.

Peters, Dockery, Luigs, Walker, Monroe

That's an OL that wins you football games, especially late in the year with crappy weather conditions at RWS. Pickup a serviceable WR in FA that can come in and contribute right away. Take a DE in the 2nd round, we would be gravy.

Lexwhat
01-08-2009, 04:41 PM
I agree BuffaloFever. I prefer drafting a DE with our 1st pick, but wouldn't be mad if we drafted a young stud O-Lineman.

You probally remember I wanted to draft Albert / Clady / Otah instead of McKelvin. It had nothing to do with Peters though.

My proposal was to either: (a) start the rookie at RG, or (b) start the rookie at RT and move Walker to RG.

This team needs a lot of help, and improving the OL is always a smart idea. It's still not good enough.

alohabillsfan
01-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Sorry, but this team lacks playmakers. I like either Taylor Mays (Can see him lighting up Randy Moss or even have wes welker across the middle), or the best dam black DE with crappy character and explosive first step. Perfer that he has a felony or 2 for assault.

mysticsoto
01-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Well, even if we don't trade Peters, let's say we keep him and draft Monroe.

Peters, Dockery, Luigs, Walker, Monroe

That's an OL that wins you football games, especially late in the year with crappy weather conditions at RWS. Pickup a serviceable WR in FA that can come in and contribute right away. Take a DE in the 2nd round, we would be gravy.

Why would you want to grab Monroe to move Walker when Walker is doing so well where he is right now? Luigs would be an excellent choice if we can get him in the 3rd, maybe (I have a feeling Mack and Unger will be gone in the 2nd). But if you aren't satisfied with Butler's play, why not get a guard in the 4th rd instead of sacrificing our 1st rder to essentially satisfy the RG position???

DraftBoy
01-09-2009, 07:22 AM
I have a number of issues with this draft in general and Ill post some of them here...

Kansas City taking Sam Bradford...Tyle Thigpen turned into the lone bright spot for Kansas City last season and at times looked like the best young QB in the NFL. I dont see why they take Bradford here and not ride out Thigpen to see how good he can really be.

Cleveland taking Aaron Curry...Cleveland needs help at ILB not OLB, they have a kid named Alex Hall that they like a lot to play OLB opposite of Wimbley next season. He's a big athletic pass rushing OLB, Curry is not best suited to play in a 3-4, he could do and be successful at it but its not where he is best suited to play.

Chicago taking Micheal Johnson...with Alex Brown, Adewale Ogunleye and Mark Anderson in the mix already what purpose does taking Johnson get you? I know their DE's had a down year this year but taking a 4th one doesnt seem like its going to help all that much.

I dont see Knowshon Moreno going before Chris Wells, but I do think this RB class could be like last years WR class.

I dont see Moore, Mack, Pettigrew or Sintim as 1st Rounders right now.

Ickybaluky
01-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Kansas City taking Sam Bradford...Tyle Thigpen turned into the lone bright spot for Kansas City last season and at times looked like the best young QB in the NFL. I dont see why they take Bradford here and not ride out Thigpen to see how good he can really be.

If they rate a QB high that they get a shot to take, they will take one, Thigpen or no Thigpen. You don't pass on a franchise QB.

Thigpen did flash last year, but I don't think he is the kind of guy you are going to just build your team around. He really didn't play well until they opened up the offense, as he did very well in spread sets, where he could run around and make plays. He didn't fare as well in more traditional sets, where he has to stand in the pocket. He is a small guy, and while he rushed the ball well he isn't likely to hold up playing like that over the long term. I don't know too many NFL offenses build around exclusively around spread sets, you need to do more than that.

Also, Thigpen had 55% completions and 6.2 Yds/Att. That isn't the kind of efficiency you win with in the NFL, because you don't sustain drives. I realize KC wasn't a real good team, but he really didn't prove to me to be anything you can build your team around.

At the end of the day, QB is still a huge need for KC. They aren't going to win consistently with Thigpen, he is too limited. He isn't Drew Brees.

yordad
01-09-2009, 08:57 AM
This would be very intriguing.. Drafting Monroe gives us leverage over Jason Peters, allowing us to trade him for multiple draft picks --- or trading him straight up for a player like Anquan Boldin in Arizona.But we would lose leverage in trading.

DraftBoy
01-09-2009, 10:45 AM
If they rate a QB high that they get a shot to take, they will take one, Thigpen or no Thigpen. You don't pass on a franchise QB.

Thigpen did flash last year, but I don't think he is the kind of guy you are going to just build your team around. He really didn't play well until they opened up the offense, as he did very well in spread sets, where he could run around and make plays. He didn't fare as well in more traditional sets, where he has to stand in the pocket. He is a small guy, and while he rushed the ball well he isn't likely to hold up playing like that over the long term. I don't know too many NFL offenses build around exclusively around spread sets, you need to do more than that.

Also, Thigpen had 55% completions and 6.2 Yds/Att. That isn't the kind of efficiency you win with in the NFL, because you don't sustain drives. I realize KC wasn't a real good team, but he really didn't prove to me to be anything you can build your team around.

At the end of the day, QB is still a huge need for KC. They aren't going to win consistently with Thigpen, he is too limited. He isn't Drew Brees.

Well I dont have Bradford rated that high to begin with. I have him as a top 10-15 pick not top 5. So I think the pick is a reach to begin with.

I like Thigpen's intagibles and I agree with your overall assessment of him. Once they let him play like he did at Coastal Carolina he greatly improved. Plus it helped out their young OL to have a moving pocket. Some things to look at though that intrigued me;

18:18 TD to TO ratio for a young QB coming from a DI-AA school in his third year, 1st starting, those numbers are good. Most young QB's have worse ratios (Ryan 16:17, Flacco 14:23) that that. He was sacked 26 times and rushed 62 times but even thats comparable to both rookie QB's this year (Flacco 32 sacks, 52 rushes and Ryan 17 sacks, 55 rushes). So I dont see him taking on a ton more punishment then any other young QB at this point. I like Thigpen's heart and desire to win, he also forgets quickly about bad throws or interceptions. He doesnt mentally stay with them. Those are big things for me. I think KC would be foolish to give up on Thigpen this early, I think he is one of the young bright stars at the QB position in the NFL and in 2 or so years could be a franchise QB for KC. He's got the arm, the mind, and the desire to do it, he's just gotta be more consistent.

ddaryl
01-09-2009, 11:35 AM
drafting a OT would pretty much mean we better be doing some serious business in FA...

If we trade Peters before we draft and have picks to play with on top of getting a top OT. Then we can add players at other positions. However rookie OL especially LT is a dangerous game. Chambers did well at times, but did piss poor at times too. Walker might be able to help short term but its still a gamble and one the Bills might not want to chance.