PDA

View Full Version : I wouldnt mind adding a few more picks...

X-Era
01-09-2009, 06:15 AM
Or even just one in the 2nd round.

It really seems to be stacking up with good players.

Its possible that most of these guys could be there:

Alex Mack
Brandon Pettigrew- (character)
Kenny Britt
Hakeem Nicks
Jared Cook
Chase Coffman
Jonathan Luigs
Herman Johnson
Evander Hood
Derrick Williams
Donald Brown
Louis Murphy
SenDerrik Marks

Its really stacked at positions that can help us.

patmoran2006
01-09-2009, 06:51 AM
Its always nice to add picks, and if we can, great.

AT this EARLY stage of the offseason, Im thinking the move may be a TE in round one (Gresham) and a center in round two.

Meanwhile, we spend all our resources in free agency on defense, front seven in particular

don137
01-09-2009, 07:57 AM
In a very deep draft I am not opposed to trading down in round one and pickup an additional second. Philly has two first rounders.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Or even just one in the 2nd round.

You'll have your extra 2nd round pick when the Bills trade Peters to the Bengals for Chad and their 2nd round pick.

yordad
01-09-2009, 09:00 AM
You'll have your extra 2nd round pick when the Bills trade Peters to the Bengals for Chad and their 2nd round pick.Why do you insist on this? Johnson is mentally unstable.

ddaryl
01-09-2009, 09:07 AM
More picks are good but what are you proposing we do to gain this other pick and what is it costing us?

bigbub2352
01-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Its always nice to add picks, and if we can, great.

AT this EARLY stage of the offseason, Im thinking the move may be a TE in round one (Gresham) and a center in round two.

Meanwhile, we spend all our resources in free agency on defense, front seven in particular

I like this idea
In my opinion i would see what we could get for Schobel and Peters out there before we gave peters an EXT, Schobel 32, is defintly declining in a hurry and if we could pull a 2nd pick for him would be solid
I dont see the Bills doin this it is my opinion
Gresam is my choice at 11 all day he is exactly what trent needs
Center in RD 2 or Josh Brown C for Balt in FA
I think they will sign crowell i do so OLB would not be a day 1 priority especially with Dig and Bowen coming back for depth
i would luv to go DT and DE in RD 2 if we got that other pick

Pinkerton Security
01-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Because the Bills need playmakers and Johnson is one. Johnson frees up Evans, Johnson frees up Jackson, Johnson makes Edwards better, Johnson would improve the Bills running game, defenses wouldn't be able to key on the run.

He just wants out on Cinci.

for being a realist, you're pretty out of touch with reality on this.

ain't gonna happen.

justasportsfan
01-09-2009, 10:20 AM

ain't gonna happen.

he wants to get rid of the most important position on the OL for a questionable player who's been a cancer . If Trent is laying on his back getting killed by 3-4 defenses which in turn prevents Chad from getting the ball, he'll say it's not the coaches, it's the talent.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 10:20 AM

ain't gonna happen.

Oh I'm a realist. I know it's probably not going to happen. Doesn't mean I can't hope. The last couple of years I knew the Bills weren't any good but I still had hope that they could turn it around.

yordad
01-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Because the Bills need playmakers and Johnson is one. Johnson frees up Evans, Johnson frees up Jackson, Johnson makes Edwards better, Johnson would improve the Bills running game, defenses wouldn't be able to key on the run.

He just wants out on Cinci.I believe his situation would be even worst here.

DraftBoy
01-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Id love to get more picks, but not at the cost of star players. I dont see any feasible scenario where we can aquire picks without just simply trading down.

DraftBoy
01-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Can we see the stats. comparing Chad's drops to other WR's?

Get back on topic of the thread, or fork off to another one. A debate about Jason Peters and Chad Johnson is not what this thread was intended for.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Get back on topic of the thread, or fork off to another one. A debate about Jason Peters and Chad Johnson is not what this thread was intended for.

Chad was brought up because the topic of trading Peters for Chad and the Bengals second round pick was brought up. Which is on topic.

Do we need more useless threads on the main board?

DraftBoy
01-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Chad was brought up because the topic of trading Peters for Chad and the Bengals second round pick was brought up. Which is on topic.

Do we need more useless threads on the main board?

Thank you for the lesson on spin logic, I assure you Im well versed. Your idea to get more picks to dump Peters, got it. Point taken, we are not debating the merits of Peters and/or Johnson here. You want to do that fork the thread, and you are the one calling your idea usless not me. If you have any other ideas on how to get more picks Id love to hear those however.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 11:31 AM
If you have any other ideas on how to get more picks Id love to hear those however.

At least I have ideas.

DraftBoy
01-09-2009, 11:32 AM
At least I have ideas.

One of the few thus far to present one.

yordad
01-09-2009, 04:11 PM
One of the few thus far to present one. I'll throw something out there....

Maybe if a QB falls to us, the Viking who pick at 23, might be interested.

We could swing their 1st, 2nd and a 4th (or maybe 3rd) for our first.

That leaves us with (in first 4 rounds)

1st round #23
2nd round #42 and #55
3rd round #75
4th round #106 and #119

If this is done, we would have to get some pass rush via FA predraft, but a DE like Greg Hardy could be available (or even Micheal Johnson possibly) @ 23.

With Picks 23 through 55 players like Pettigrew (or Gresham)TE, Mack (Unger or Luigs) C, Cushing (or Weatherspoon) LB might be obtainable. How would you like to come away with three of those guys, in addition to solidifying some depth with the other picks?

Risky, I know. That is why is hinges on upgrading the biggest concern predraft.

Just a thought.

patmoran2006
01-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Actually, after thinking about it more.

We dont need more picks/players.

We need a STUD or two.

yordad
01-09-2009, 04:15 PM
The Bills have recently shown a propensity to trade up though actually. After using the first pick, they have tried to move up earlier in the second, or later in the first. But, I guess that depends if a run starts on a position of need.

I actually like this approach a little more.

patmoran2006
01-09-2009, 04:21 PM
The Bills have recently shown a propensity to trade up though actually. After using the first pick, they have tried to move up earlier in the second, or later in the first. But, I guess that depends if a run starts on a position of need.

I actually like this approach a little more.
They do it, yes.
But it hasn't been effective; least not in a positive way.

The last three guys they've traded up for are JP Losman, John McCargo, and Paul Posluszny.

two of them are utter busts, and Poz is a starter but has a long way to go before anyone confuses him with an impact player.

yordad
01-09-2009, 05:25 PM
They do it, yes.
But it hasn't been effective; least not in a positive way.

The last three guys they've traded up for are JP Losman, John McCargo, and Paul Posluszny.

two of them are utter busts, and Poz is a starter but has a long way to go before anyone confuses him with an impact player.Poz isn't in impact player? So if we lost him, it would have made an impact huh? I suppose if he went down, moving Mitchell to mid, and putting Blake Costanzo in on the weak side would be no different?

Anyways, I get your point, but if you look at it closely, given the Bills recent draft success, they might as well not draft anyone. Well, RBs only.

I would like them to sign Suggs or Peppers. If not they need Crowell or Dansby. Either way you take a LB or DE at 11. Then you try and make a move for Gresham, if he falls alittle.

If we walk into the first game of '09 with a better center, DE, LB and TE I will consider off-season a success (as long as Peters and Jackson are retained). That's 4 spots.

Many considered this past offseason a success, and we only upgraded 2 starters entering '08.

I believe these are modest desires.

Night Train
01-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Actually, after thinking about it more.

We dont need more picks/players.

We need a STUD or two.

Agreed. We have to have a Pass rusher at DE, an OLB and a Center.

TE, WR, Safety etc is a bonus but takes a back seat to those first 3.