PDA

View Full Version : Can we not have dillusional threads regarding QB?!

HHURRICANE
01-09-2009, 07:35 AM
We are not drafting a QB high. Do I think we will draft a QB? Good possibility depending on how FA goes but it will be in later rounds.

This QB class is off the table and the FO is high on Edwards.

I hate when I have to read 80 threads on the Bills taking Tebow or Bradford.

DraftBoy
01-09-2009, 07:36 AM
We could take Stafford too, he declared!

If we draft a QB are you going to quit being a Bills fans the weeks he plays after Edwards gets hurt next season?

hydro
01-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Is the FO high on Edwards, or just you?

realdealryan
01-09-2009, 07:40 AM
Skipping past 99% of the threads is all part of the offseason here.

Yasgur's Farm
01-09-2009, 07:56 AM
We are not drafting a QB high.WalterFootball rates Tebow as a 4th rounder... Do you consider that a high pick?

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 07:57 AM

Trading Peters is more realistic than the Bills drafting Tebow or Bradford.

HHURRICANE
01-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Is the FO high on Edwards, or just you?

Edwards gets the same benefit of doubt that Losman got from me. The good news is that his "make or break year" is coming a year earlier than Losman's.

I don't fall in love with players around here like so many of you do.

To answer your question form the owner down this FO likes Edwards and thinks he is the real deal.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 08:01 AM
I don't fall in love with players around here like so many of you do.

You were in love with Losman at first until you flip-flopped.

Jeff1220
01-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Trading Peters is more realistic than the Bills drafting Tebow or Bradford.

Chris Brown made a point to mention this mock draft pick for the Bills at #11 (from http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/mockdrafts.htm )

11. Buffalo Bills-Jason Smith, OT-Baylor

Bills’ fans have witnessed an amazing metamorphosis of Jason Peters from oversized college Tight End to Pro Bowl Left Tackle. Peters, however, witnessed this as well and would like to be compensated. He will price himself out of Buffalo and the fast-rising Smith will remedy that predicament.

While Jason Smith is certainly a talent and a likely first-rounder, 11 may be a bit high. But the take is certainly an interesting one.

ddaryl
01-09-2009, 08:35 AM
I completely agree there is less than a 0 chance we take a QB early...

Edwards looked pretty good most of the season with a weak stretch in the middle... but he is young and this was his 1st year starting. Plus there were many tangibles in the losing streak including key injuries and the residual concussion effect, and matched up with brutal play from much of the team in general and of course coaching. You have to let a guy have a chance to develope. Drafting a QB early just starts up the controversy game again...

Edwards and a top vet QB will make a for a very serviceable tandem next year. If Edwards fails to improve then 2010 would be the year the Bills look to add a top QB IMO...

This year we beef up the weak spots at DE OLB backup QB C TE/WR and improve our depth and hope to god our coaches learn to coach

acehole
01-09-2009, 09:44 AM
We are not drafting a QB high. Do I think we will draft a QB? Good possibility depending on how FA goes but it will be in later rounds.

This QB class is off the table and the FO is high on Edwards.

What is dillutional is expecting Trent to play a full season.
We are discussing the offseason now and all its possibilities.

Relax and enjoy.....

Jan Reimers
01-09-2009, 09:45 AM
DE, LB, C, DT, WR, TE, and perhaps G and S, all have higher priority than QB. Let's give Edwards a chance to develop, and put some talent around him to help.

trapezeus
01-09-2009, 09:51 AM
WalterFootball rates Tebow as a 4th rounder... Do you consider that a high pick?

for a running QB with less mechanics than JP, yeah, that seems high to me. Tebow is a classic awesome college QB who will not pan out in the NFL.

I believe that. but i also won't be surprised if that statement comes back to bite me in the bum like the guy who proclaimed there would never be sound in movies.

DrGraves
01-09-2009, 10:16 AM
a quarterback with the #11 pick crosses your mind you are insane. I see threads about tebow, bradford, and sanchez. WTF. Maybe Trent is good maybe he sucks, its too late for that. There are a million reasons in this world you can name as to why the bills suck. Putting a heisman qb behind a **** o-line with no tight end either isnt going to help. That offensive line could turn joe montana into jp losman real quick. fix our problems with the team, not the problems with our jersey sales.

bigbub2352
01-09-2009, 10:22 AM
You cant judge Trent yet to young, and not enough time behind Center, plus something that most forget, his weapons in the passing game is a joke and so is the play calling, not to mentions our over sized over paid OLIne

Trent has a WR playing tight end in Josh Reed, a deep threat he nevers throws long to or even 20 yds down feild to in Evans, the rest are ??? like Hardy and johnson, and a glorified punt returner making 4 mil a season in Parrish, throw in a terrible Center and over ratted Oline and what did people expect and that is not even mentioning our horrible play at TE and our horrible clock management and decision making....
We need playmakers to add to our Offense not bland 4 yd throws to our Rbs and wrs
give trent a TE and a number 2 and lynch and jackson a real FB and gee mite score some pts

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 10:25 AM
a quarterback with the #11 pick crosses your mind you are insane. Maybe Trent is good maybe he sucks, its too late for that.

If Trent sucks, with the schedule the Bills will be playing next year, a top 5 pick in 2010 will be likely. That's when the Bills will be drafting a QB.

Jan Reimers
01-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Give Trent a chance to develop, and use the draft and FA to get him some offensive weapons and a better D to help him succeed.

ddaryl
01-09-2009, 10:32 AM
I thought trent did well in his 1st full year. Well enough to be built upon

like mentioned above if Trent regresses in 2009 then we'll being doing the QB shuffle again in 2010.

the only thing we need in 2009 is a bonafide vet QB to repalce JP

DraftBoy
01-09-2009, 10:35 AM
DE, LB, C, DT, WR, TE, and perhaps G and S, all have higher priority than QB. Let's give Edwards a chance to develop, and put some talent around him to help.

The rank of needs however is not always the way you should draft, if a top tier QB falls to 11 who shouldn't could we really pass?

Or look at this way, Crabtree runs a 4.6 40 at the combine and in workouts and he falls to 11, he's there...can anybody realistically say taking him would be a bad pick at that point??

We could have a very real situation where Curry, Orakpo, Johnson and Brown could all be gone by our pick at 11. That would mean a QB or OT has likely fallen to us. Do we pass on the best player who could be argued is at a need position, or do we reach for a need position like TE or LB?

BlackMetalNinja
01-09-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm not watching the Bills until we draft a super awesome QB IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1q

DraftBoy
01-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Give Trent a chance to develop, and use the draft and FA to get him some offensive weapons and a better D to help him succeed.

Everybody on this **** team deserves competition for their play. If we pick a guy and Trent proves he's the man then you have somebody to trade. Its not a lose-lose situation, its kind of a win-win. It just delays fixing something else for a year or two.

DraftBoy
01-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Threads merged

Thurmal
01-09-2009, 10:53 AM
What is the point of drafting another QB? Our cowardly coaching staff won't let him throw a pass over eight yards anyway.

Jan Reimers
01-09-2009, 12:02 PM
The rank of needs however is not always the way you should draft, if a top tier QB falls to 11 who shouldn't could we really pass?

Or look at this way, Crabtree runs a 4.6 40 at the combine and in workouts and he falls to 11, he's there...can anybody realistically say taking him would be a bad pick at that point??

We could have a very real situation where Curry, Orakpo, Johnson and Brown could all be gone by our pick at 11. That would mean a QB or OT has likely fallen to us. Do we pass on the best player who could be argued is at a need position, or do we reach for a need position like TE or LB?
I understand, but since there are no sure things in the draft - with QB being one of the unsurest - I would rather start filling the critical needs that have been ignored for several years now.

Jan Reimers
01-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Everybody on this **** team deserves competition for their play. If we pick a guy and Trent proves he's the man then you have somebody to trade. Its not a lose-lose situation, its kind of a win-win. It just delays fixing something else for a year or two.
Some positions on this team are irrevocably broken. QB is not one of them, it is simply unproven. We don't have the resources to add draft picks or FAs to compete at every spot, so I'm simply advocating fixing those positions where we have absolute garbage. Positions where we have young, potentially improving players do not have to be addressed with the immediacy of the really putrid positions.