2009 Draft sucks for what we need so we better be active in FA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

2009 Draft sucks for what we need so we better be active in FA.

I actually think the Bills might have to take TE at #11.

DE and Center look pretty weak.

Maybe LB.

Thoughts?
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Re: 2009 Draft sucks for what we need so we better be active in FA.

DE and C are very deep this year...what you talkin about?

Orakpo, Johnson, Brown ( my favorite), Hardy are all first round DEs

Mack, Luigs, Caldwell, Shipley, Unger, Wood... all are top C its a very deep class.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

I honestly can not say. I don't know who's who in college football.

None the less we need to bring in talented FA's to solve the majority of our problems at DE OLB C QB and TE/WR

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

I can honestly say you either have absolutely no idea about what you are talking about or are just posting random crap.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ddaryl
          I honestly can not say. I don't know who's who in college football.

None the less we need to bring in talented FA's to solve the majority of our problems at DE OLB C QB and TE/WR
          Simply not going to happen. First of all its a weak FA class at DE, WR and TE. C is actually a strong FA group so the only major acquisition I see the Bills making on the FA market this year is either Saturday, Brown or Birk, other than that maybe a SS like Sean Jones.

The only OLB i see us signing is Crowell.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

this is a pretty deep class for center, from waht I hear...

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Since we need to win NOW, our over all philosophy should be to use the draft for postions (DE, DT, LB) where players have the best chance to make an immediate impact, and to sign FAs at positions (WR, C) that generally take players 2-3 years to develop.

We don't need a lot of projects or long shots.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

I would not b mad if we went after Brown C from Balt in FA and Berry from AZ DE, cause the same regime is gonna bring the trio of white boyz at DE and tell us the position is stable

We need a pass catching TE as much as we need a pass rush our O is still pathetic Greisam is my choice at 11 it mite be early for him but he looks to be solid as long as his off feild crap is ok
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                  I would not b mad if we went after Brown C from Balt in FA and Berry from AZ DE, cause the same regime is gonna bring the trio of white boyz at DE and tell us the position is stable

We need a pass catching TE as much as we need a pass rush our O is still pathetic Greisam is my choice at 11 it mite be early for him but he looks to be solid as long as his off feild crap is ok
                  Question that has to be asked is what position do we have a better chance to fill in the second round....

There is a high probability that all the top DEs will be gone by the second round however there should still be a TE prospect available near our pick in the second round that we can either wait for or trade up for.

My pick at #11 no matter who is on the board is Everette Brown. He's the perfect Cover 2 DE.

Comment

• T-Long
                    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                    • Sep 2003

How can you say there is no DE or C talent in this draft? This is the PERFECT draft for our needs.

They have to go DE though with pick #11. The TE's will all be there at 11, but there is no way we can pass up the pass rusher we need for the next 4-5 seasons

Comment

• colin
                      Drew's my hero!
                      • Jul 2002

de's and dt's often take a couple years to come on strong, lbs tend to make a big splash right away.

the old from wake forest (who would make our corps crow, poz, and him, sick) and in the second maybe the best interior blocker would be my choice.

imo we need a playmaker in the pass rush and on o from FA

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
                        Simply not going to happen. First of all its a weak FA class at DE, WR and TE. C is actually a strong FA group so the only major acquisition I see the Bills making on the FA market this year is either Saturday, Brown or Birk, other than that maybe a SS like Sean Jones.

The only OLB i see us signing is Crowell.
                        I totally disagree with you about DE being a weak FA class.
                        For starters, there is a chance Julius Peppers becomes a UFA. Being franchised isn’t a sure thing, since if that happens then Jordan Gross hits the free agent market. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t expect Carolina to not deal with Peters before FA begins, but its at least a possibility. Bertand Berry could be a great short term stop-gap while Chris Ellis develops (hopefully) or we take a DE earlier in the draft. Antonio Smith is another DE from Arizona who still has a good amount of upside. Maybe Chris Canty becomes a sought after DE, though he played in a 3-4 at dallas. There might not be a lot of depth, but if the Bills are willing to pay they can land a good FA at DE.

I agree about WR. TJ Who’s Your Momma will be franchised, and I think Antonio Bryant will be as well if no long term deal is worked out. Buffalo needs to get like a decent vet #3 WR not only for competition but if Hardy stays hurt and/or Johnson doesn’t take that next step. Id like to see them bring in someone like a Hank BAskett or Nate Washington for that role. I dont think Buffalo NEEDS to spend alot of money at WR via FA.

I have thought, and still think Tight End is the most important position on offense right now, when you factor in our offensive philosophy, or at least what it SHOULD be (strong running game, lots of intermediate routes in the middle for QB Trent Edwards). I would love to get Scaife (Tenn)

But I would still prefer a strong DE at #11 right now over anything else, and coming back with a center in round 2, if we don’t sign Jason Brown, the top FA in the market I realistically want Buffalo to get. Yer right this is a deep draft Center class. But if you get Jason brown you dont have to worry about center. Bring back DUke to be a backup.

But if you take a DE at #11, what do you do with the rest? Everything I've read says Schobel and Kelsay aren't getting cut, and Denny is coming back. Already got Ellis on the roster. If we take a DE at 11, I would think someone has to go.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• methos4ever
                          • Apr 2004

Keep in mind too that Hardy won't be ready until training camp with his late season ACL tear - so it would behoove us to get a receiver in FA and the draft.

C is deep both at FA and Draft.

DE wise, it's stacked in the draft. We could, could mind you come away with two stud de's in one draft if we committed the resources (1st and a say 4th) to it.

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            I totally disagree with you about DE being a weak FA class.
                            For starters, there is a chance Julius Peppers becomes a UFA. Being franchised isn’t a sure thing, since if that happens then Jordan Gross hits the free agent market. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t expect Carolina to not deal with Peters before FA begins, but its at least a possibility. Bertand Berry could be a great short term stop-gap while Chris Ellis develops (hopefully) or we take a DE earlier in the draft. Antonio Smith is another DE from Arizona who still has a good amount of upside. Maybe Chris Canty becomes a sought after DE, though he played in a 3-4 at dallas. There might not be a lot of depth, but if the Bills are willing to pay they can land a good FA at DE.

I agree about WR. TJ Who’s Your Momma will be franchised, and I think Antonio Bryant will be as well if no long term deal is worked out. Buffalo needs to get like a decent vet #3 WR not only for competition but if Hardy stays hurt and/or Johnson doesn’t take that next step. Id like to see them bring in someone like a Hank BAskett or Nate Washington for that role. I dont think Buffalo NEEDS to spend alot of money at WR via FA.

I have thought, and still think Tight End is the most important position on offense right now, when you factor in our offensive philosophy, or at least what it SHOULD be (strong running game, lots of intermediate routes in the middle for QB Trent Edwards). I would love to get Scaife (Tenn)

But I would still prefer a strong DE at #11 right now over anything else, and coming back with a center in round 2, if we don’t sign Jason Brown, the top FA in the market I realistically want Buffalo to get. Yer right this is a deep draft Center class. But if you get Jason brown you dont have to worry about center. Bring back DUke to be a backup.

But if you take a DE at #11, what do you do with the rest? Everything I've read says Schobel and Kelsay aren't getting cut, and Denny is coming back. Already got Ellis on the roster. If we take a DE at 11, I would think someone has to go.
                            Carolina will keep both Gross and Peppers.

Antonio Smith is not an edge rusher, he is a power end who weighs in at 285. He is a 3-4 DE and thats how the Cards use him.

Bertrand Berry is going to be 34 by the time next season starts, not a wise investment.

Canty is a 3-4 DE so what can he do for the Bills?

So although you disagree with the weakness of the FA class of DEs it is weak.

And Suggs will be signed or Franchised as well.

As for WR. Houshmandzadeh will be getting a big contract from someone and seeing as how the Bills just paid Lee, they wont be paying another big contract to a WR. Antonio Bryant is going to be either re-signed by the Bucs or will go to someone who will overpay for him because of what he did this season.

If/when we draft a DE the cut will be Copeland Bryan. That would give us Schobel, Kelsay, Ellis, #11 pick, Denney, which is a realistic # of DEs to carry.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
                              Carolina will keep both Gross and Peppers.

Antonio Smith is not an edge rusher, he is a power end who weighs in at 285. He is a 3-4 DE and thats how the Cards use him.

Bertrand Berry is going to be 34 by the time next season starts, not a wise investment.

Canty is a 3-4 DE so what can he do for the Bills?

So although you disagree with the weakness of the FA class of DEs it is weak.

And Suggs will be signed or Franchised as well.

As for WR. Houshmandzadeh will be getting a big contract from someone and seeing as how the Bills just paid Lee, they wont be paying another big contract to a WR. Antonio Bryant is going to be either re-signed by the Bucs or will go to someone who will overpay for him because of what he did this season.

If/when we draft a DE the cut will be either Copeland Bryan. That would give us Schobel, Kelsay, Ellis, #11 pick, Denney, which is a realistic # of DEs to carry.
                              Did you watch Berry eat alive the Falcons? I dont care how old he is, he'd be a great short term DE for Ellis or a drafted guy.

And you positive Carolina will get Peters and Gross both back?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X