PDA

View Full Version : Peters for Johnson and a 2nd?

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Why do you insist on this? Johnson is mentally unstable.
Because the Bills need playmakers and Johnson is one. Johnson frees up Evans, Johnson frees up Jackson, Johnson makes Edwards better, Johnson would improve the Bills running game, defenses wouldn't be able to key on the run.

He just wants out on Cinci.

justasportsfan
01-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Because the Bills need playmakers and Johnson is one. Johnson frees up Evans, Johnson frees up Jackson, Johnson makes Edwards better, Johnson would improve the Bills running game, defenses wouldn't be able to key on the run.

You have proof ? Chances are you're just hoping. Trent is most likely not going to get the ball to Chad if he's getting blindsided and ends up on the bench due to injury again. As a result , Chad becomes a locker room cancer .... like Flutie.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 10:06 AM
You have proof ? Chances are you're just hoping.

If Edwards can't produce having Evans, Johnson, and Reed at WR, along with Jackson at RB, he needs to be benched.

Also the Bills could select TE Brandon Pettigrew with the 2nd round pick they get. That's if they don't select Jermaine Gresham at #11.

Johnson
Evans
Jackson
Gresham or Pettigrew

Im getting a stiffy just thinking about how good we could be on offense.

justasportsfan
01-09-2009, 10:09 AM
If Edwards can't produce having Evans, Johnson, and Reed at WR, along with Jackson at RB, he needs to be benched.

Trents not going to produce under an OC that has to copy plays from other teams , PERIOD. No qb is gonna produce when he didn't practice all week what the D is showing them on gameday and the OC doesn't know how to make the proper adjustments.

Chad is not going to do anything under Turk because of his conservative philosophy. If Chad is not gettting the ball when he isn't dropping them, he is gonna whine and turn into a locker room cancer.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 10:22 AM
If Trent is laying on his back getting killed by 3-4 defenses which in turn prevents Chad from getting the ball, Yeah, because Trent was laying on his back so much when Peters didn't play. How many sacks did Peters allow again?

justasportsfan
01-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Yeah, because Trent was laying on his back so much when Peters didn't play. How many sacks did Peters allow again?

What proof do you have that Chambers can handle an entire season ? None. Whether Peters gave up sakcs or not, he is still the best OL player on this team. You blame talent and yet you want to get rid of the best player on the OL for a locker room cancer? You're contradicting yourself.

If you're going to spend so much money for Chad, might as well use it on a different wr who doesn't drop balls from time to time and then *****.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 11:19 AM
What proof do you have that Chambers can handle an entire season ? None.

Has Peters lasted the last 2 seasons?

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 11:21 AM
If you're going to spend so much money for Chad, might as well use it on a different wr who doesn't drop balls from time to time and then *****.

Can we see the stats. comparing Chad's drops to other WR's?

justasportsfan
01-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Has Peters lasted the last 2 seasons?
enough to make probowl 2 consecutive years. What about Chambers?

justasportsfan
01-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Can we see the stats. comparing Chad's drops to other WR's?
I don't need stats , it's been shown several times on tv. why didn't you touch on the locker room cancer part? I rather keep Peters' *****ing for a new contract than Ocho cinco's head case.

DraftBoy
01-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Forked from: I wouldnt mind adding a few more picks... (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2791016)

You'll have your extra 2nd round pick when the Bills trade Peters to the Bengals for Chad and their 2nd round pick.

Here you go TD and Justa, debate away!

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 11:45 AM
No thanks, you took all the fun out of it.

And please change the thread starters name, I did not start this thread.

justasportsfan
01-09-2009, 11:46 AM
:up:

die thread die!

DraftBoy
01-09-2009, 11:46 AM

That's what I do, but at least I move all the other posts over for you. Give me some credit.

patmoran2006
01-09-2009, 11:47 AM
You guys forget one thing.

Chambers is NOT A STARTING QUALITY LT..

This aint madden. You guys are nuts.

Find me a GOOD LT in FA, and then i'm all for it.

Otherwise, weapons mean nothing with guys like chambers at LT. You want to DOWNGRADE the OL?

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 11:47 AM
That's what I do, but at least I move all the other posts over for you. Give me some credit.

You should also credit yourself for starting the thread. :up:

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 11:51 AM

How did the Bills O-line play without Peters this year? Any worse than with him?

Otherwise, weapons mean nothing with guys like chambers at LT. You want to DOWNGRADE the OL?You need to break a few eggs to make an omelet. Other teams are not just going to hand you second round picks and a play maker for nothing.

ddaryl
01-09-2009, 11:52 AM
we could do better then Chad in a trade... who is too vocal and a malcontent

with all the Bills needs we can be looking at other possibilites and picks..

but a Peters trade only comes to frution if he becomes a ***** all offseason, demanding rediculous money and not willing to take a significant amount of incentives in his new contract. He's already proved he will sit out and hurt the team, He has also proven that pay raises and extensions do not need ot be honored for more thean a year, so the Bills have to protect themselves here.

Peters also strikes me as a player who requires carrots to play for. He loves money... Dangle those incentives in front of him and make him show up to OTA's, the offseason, traning camp, and then add a major incentive for th eteam making the playoffs and then the superbowl.... Give him a very small incentive for the probowl and force him to be the leader on the team. He'll be pissed if he doens't get that boneu because the guys on the OL aren't doing thier job..

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 11:52 AM
enough to make probowl 2 consecutive years. What about Chambers? Enough for the Bills to go 2-1 with no significant difference on the o-line in Peters absence.

justasportsfan
01-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Enough for the Bills to go 2-1 with no significant difference on the o-line in Peters absence.
i'll take 2 probowl years over 3 games.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 11:56 AM
i'll take 2 probowl years over 3 games.

Pro-bowls mean nothing. I'll take 2-1 over any player making the Pro-Bowl.

Pinkerton Security
01-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Enough for the Bills to go 2-1 with no significant difference on the o-line in Peters absence.

and who did we play in those games?

justasportsfan
01-09-2009, 11:57 AM
You need to break a few eggs to make an omelet.
how bout we just get rid of the bad eggs. the coaching staff. Adding good eggs to bad one still makes a crappy/stinking omelet.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 11:58 AM
we could do better then Chad in a trade... who is too vocal and a malcontent

:clap: entire post.

What could the Bills get for Peters in a trade? All I read so far is someone saying two 1st round picks. I think that's far fetched.

justasportsfan
01-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Pro-bowls mean nothing. I'll take 2-1 over any player making the Pro-Bowl.

yeah, he won the game himself. I thought you think the qb wins and losses are what counts. So who wins the games hen, the qb or the LT? make up your mind.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 12:01 PM
and who did we play in those games? Seattle, Denver and NE. Combined 23-25 overall.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 12:03 PM
yeah, he won the game himself. I thought you think the qb wins and losses are what counts. So who wins the games hen, the qb or the LT? make up your mind.

:huh:

The point is there was no significant difference on the o-line when Peters was absent.

ddaryl
01-09-2009, 12:06 PM

What could the Bills get for Peters in a trade? All I read so far is someone saying two 1st round picks. I think that's far fetched.

that would take alot of research, but I would be interested in these other scenarios... It comes down to our needs which we know is DE, OLB, backup QB, C, WR and TE...

Now who has players at those positions that they would be willing to part with.

A team who is in a rebuild project might part with a player who is taking up cap space and would be on the down side of there career when sed teams ship is back in order

A team who simply must purge a player for salary purposes.

A team who has a player with 1 year remaining but knows it will lose sed player the following season..

A team absolutly desperate for a LT, but does not want to gamble of a rookie (like the Bills if we trade the guy)

justasportsfan
01-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Seattle, Denver and NE. Combined 23-25 overall.

You used to bring say this and that qb played weaker defenses, well....
in those 2 wins he was playing against teams ranked 29 and 30 defensively.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&season=2008&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Keep Chambers for back up. If you get rid of Peters who's gonna back up the unproven Chambers? You're playing Russian roulette when it comes to the most important position on the OL. If Chambers fails, Chad is gonna have to line-up at OL and help Chambers block. You know the self proclaimed HOF player isn't gonna like that.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-09-2009, 12:28 PM
If the concern is the WR position (which I don't think it is) why don't you just sign TJ from free agency and keep Peters? We have the cap room and we should not be giving anything extra don't you think?

Anyway, I would rather expend the money elsewhere, I don't think a WR is gonna make this team better especially if we sacrifice the pass protection when we have an injury-prone pocket qb.

Just take a look why the Giants, the Pats, San Diego and even the Colts have been so constant in the last years - the offensive line!

justasportsfan
01-09-2009, 12:29 PM
why don't you just sign TJ from free agency and keep Peters?

that pipe dream better than TD's scenario.

patmoran2006
01-09-2009, 12:38 PM
How did the Bills O-line play without Peters this year? Any worse than with him?

You need to break a few eggs to make an omelet. Other teams are not just going to hand you second round picks and a play maker for nothing.
Peters<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
A) Didn’t play that well.<o:p></o:p>
B) Missed all of OTA, Mini Camp and training camp and the first regular season game before he reported.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
But even having said that, PLEASE don’t tell me you’re going to even remotely compare Jason Peters to Chambers?<o:p></o:p>
Our overall defense was better this year without Angelo Crowell. So should we not bring back Crowell if possible, and just leave Ellison as the starter because our ranking was better?<o:p></o:p>

patmoran2006
01-09-2009, 12:39 PM
BTW,
I don’t think WR is a problem on this team. I think TE is.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Reed did a good job as the #3 and Im confident either Johnson or Hardy will contribute more next year.<o:p></o:p>
Give me a good tight end, keep our Pro Bowl LT Jason Peters and add a competent center and this offense gets better<o:p></o:p>

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Peters<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
A) Didn’t play that well.<o:p></o:p>
B) Missed all of OTA, Mini Camp and training camp and the first regular season game before he reported.<o:p></o:p>
But even having said that, PLEASE don’t tell me you’re going to even remotely compare Jason Peters to Chambers?<o:p></o:p>

Im not comapring Peters to Chambers. I am comparing the o-line with Peters vs. without him. Which didn't play all that bad without him.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Give me a good tight end, keep our Pro Bowl LT Jason Peters and add a competent center and this offense gets better<o:p></o:p>
Give me a good qb and we are all set up for playoffs, with popcorn and everything.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 12:43 PM
BTW,
I don’t think WR is a problem on this team. I think TE is.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

WR is a problem so is TE. That's why with the pick we get from the Bengals I'd be selecting Pettigrew.

It's a pain in the ass to quote you when you use all those changes to your text.

justasportsfan
01-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Which didn't play all that bad without him.
against the worst defenses in the league.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-09-2009, 12:49 PM
^ That is indeed a good point.

Anyway, guys who want to trade Peters because they think Chambers can get the job done (no, I don't think that) maybe they should wonder about the possibility of Chambers or Walker getting hurt and then not having anyone to replace them?

Depth is an extremely underrated value in any champioship team.

ddaryl
01-09-2009, 12:58 PM
^ That is indeed a good point.

Anyway, guys who want to trade Peters because they think Chambers can get the job done (no, I don't think that) maybe they should wonder about the possibility of Chambers or Walker getting hurt and then not having anyone to replace them?

Depth is an extremely underrated value in any champioship team.

in any trade Peters scenario an OT replacement is a must... Therefore we either get another 1st rd pick ++++ for him and take an OT in the 1st... Or we trade him and get a player at another postion of need and use our #11 on OT

anyway you slice it we need to incorporate his replacement into the offseason formula

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2009, 01:19 PM

Wait let me get this straight you want to trade a young pro bowl Left tackle for an aging, declining, loudmouth receiver. YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING.

colin
01-09-2009, 02:18 PM
i dunno about peters for chad and an 2nd, but yeah i'd trade peters for some kind of real playmaker and picks.

like if we can trade peters for a stud on the pass rush or O, and a 1st rounder, we could get a good OT in the draft and fill in more holes w our other picks. i know peters is very good, but i think if we can replace him and have the shot at a real impact passrusher and/or playmaker we go for it.

chad johnson, peppers on d, and whoever at 11th or later in the 1st on our o line, along w a new interior blocker and crow and aaron back from injury makes this a much much more dangerous team.

justasportsfan
01-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Wait let me get this straight you want to trade a young pro bowl Left tackle for an aging, declining, loudmouth receiver. YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING.

it's harder to find probowl LT's than wrs.

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2009, 02:21 PM
it's harder to find probowl LT's than wrs.
I know.

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Chad Johnson is on the tail end of his career.

justasportsfan
01-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Chad Johnson is on the tail end of his career.
plus he's head case

Stewie
01-09-2009, 02:55 PM

you want to trade a 20something year old left tackle for a 30something wr?

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 03:55 PM
you want to trade a 20something year old left tackle for a 30something wr?

The way Peters is acting I don't really see a choice for the Bills. It's either trade him or have him holdout again.

Chad is 30, still has 3-5 productive years left in him.

The problem witht he Bills the past few years is they don't have enough play makers.

BTW, Chad is just one example of deals I would accept. I'd also accept Colin's.

l
ike if we can trade peters for a stud on the pass rush or O, and a 1st rounder, we could get a good OT in the draft and fill in more holes w our other picks. i know peters is very good, but i think if we can replace him and have the shot at a real impact passrusher and/or playmaker we go for it.

Jaybird
01-09-2009, 04:03 PM
i think they would need to give us chad and a second....... YOU DO NOT TRADE A TOP LT IN THE NFL

yordad
01-09-2009, 04:31 PM

What could the Bills get for Peters in a trade? All I read so far is someone saying two 1st round picks. I think that's far fetched.Peters is a young, proven, pro bowl LT. He is the type that goes #1 overall. That is 3000 draft points (http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php). So, if a playoff team wants to make a bid, in theory, it would cost them every pick.

Mr. Pink
01-09-2009, 04:51 PM
If you go sign a Mark Tauscher this deal or any deal involving Peters makes a lot of sense.

If you decide to keep Chambers in the starting line, well then, you're organizationally stupid.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 05:36 PM
i think they would need to give us chad and a second

I've been saying Chad and their 2nd.

I'd listen to other deals also.

Dr. Lecter
01-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Trading Jason Peters is stupid.

PECKERWOOD
01-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Peters is a young, proven, pro bowl LT. He is the type that goes #1 overall. That is 3000 draft points (http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php). So, if a playoff team wants to make a bid, in theory, it would cost them every pick.

Nice theory, but theories are theories for a reason because there are no laws backing that theory up. Take Jared Allen for example, he was traded for a 1st, 3rd and a 3rd round pick. I personally think that we could get more for Peters than that. I'm talking a 1st, 1st and a 3rd or something of that nature, I wouldn't settle for anything less than that. We all are willing to trade Peters for the right price but obviously the price depends on the person.

In closing.. Yordad, you answer me this one question truthfully. Detroit offers you a 1st this year (20th overall) and 3rd round pick (65th overall) and their 1st round pick next year for Peters, do you bite? My answer would undoubtedly be, YES!

Jeff1220
01-09-2009, 08:29 PM
If its an expensive receiver we're after, I'd rather just pay Housh and keep Peters.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Trading Jason Peters is stupid.

Not sending out feelers to see what they can get for him is stupid.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Detroit offers you a 1st this year (20th overall)

I thought Detroit had the first pick?

Mitchell55
01-09-2009, 11:39 PM
If we want to trade for a playmaker, than trade Peters for Winslow and a 2nd and a player.

Michael82
01-10-2009, 12:49 AM
You guys forget one thing.

Chambers is NOT A STARTING QUALITY LT..

This aint madden. You guys are nuts.

Otherwise, weapons mean nothing with guys like chambers at LT. You want to DOWNGRADE the OL?

why do you always say Chambers as the LT? It would be Langston Walker who did a pretty good job at the start of the year. And Chambers would be our solid RT.

Barb
01-10-2009, 02:34 AM
i read that if you by for 50$ at the cinci pro shop you a get a free Johnson jersey

yordad
01-10-2009, 07:48 AM
In closing.. Yordad, you answer me this one question truthfully. Detroit offers you a 1st this year (20th overall) and 3rd round pick (65th overall) and their 1st round pick next year for Peters, do you bite? My answer would undoubtedly be, YES!Yes. I think Peters quit on this team last year. If we could avoid the offseason standoff that is coming and get this deal, I am 100% for that. And I think Langston Walker should punch him in the face when the trade is finalized. Not to mention, it's the Lions, so it would be a #1 overall in '10, lol.

I thought Detroit had the first pick?1st and 20.

i read that if you by for 50$ at the cinci pro shop you a get a free Johnson jerseyHuh?

X-Era
01-10-2009, 08:14 AM

Let me help you...

NO!

Not now, not tomorrow, not a week from now, not at the draft... not ever

Nighthawk
01-10-2009, 08:16 AM
No, do not trade Peters!

ddaryl
01-10-2009, 10:27 AM
I know peopel do not want to trade Peters, but NOBODY on this forum wants to face the fact that the guy is going to be a royal pain in the ass to deal with and will cause us major headaches all offseason...

I'd rather he stay and be here for all OTA's etc.... but my money says he won't be in traning camp this year again.

if this is what will happen do we trade him.. what if his demands are to be the highest paid LT in the game ????

TacklingDummy
01-10-2009, 12:00 PM
what if his demands are to be the highest paid LT in the game ????

Then you trade him.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-10-2009, 12:04 PM
I didn't want to extend Peters contract last offseason because I was waiting for him to prove he was capable of playing like an all-pro again and even though he missed training camp and preseason he did play good enough.

He proved 2007 was not a bust and he has talent, resign him. Football it's not all about class.

acehole
01-11-2009, 09:49 AM
No, do not trade Peters!

Trade peters if you get value....not for johnson and a second.

2 #1's are find by me or a 1,2,3, in one year or somthing....

We need the bodies.

What good is peters in this pussy scheme anyway?

HE has to hold a block for 2.2 seconds?

Anybody can do that....

X-Era
01-11-2009, 10:52 AM
Trade peters if you get value....not for johnson and a second.

2 #1's are find by me or a 1,2,3, in one year or somthing....

We need the bodies.

What good is peters in this pussy scheme anyway?

HE has to hold a block for 2.2 seconds?

Anybody can do that....

The majority of Trents throws were 3 seconds at least. He had all day to throw to often to make a statement like that.

justasportsfan
01-11-2009, 10:57 AM
I know peopel do not want to trade Peters, but NOBODY on this forum wants to face the fact that the guy is going to be a royal pain in the ass to deal with and will cause us major headaches all offseason...

compared to an aging ocho cinco , Peters is a saint. He's only asking what he deserves. He's a 2 time probowl LT who isn't even getting average LT money and if he isn't offered by the bills average money this team is in serious problems especially after they paid Kelsay, Dockery, Walker, Schobel waaay more than Peters.

ddaryl
01-11-2009, 11:58 AM
compared to an aging ocho cinco , Peters is a saint. He's only asking what he deserves. He's a 2 time probowl LT who isn't even getting average LT money and if he isn't offered by the bills average money this team is in serious problems especially after they paid Kelsay, Dockery, Walker, Schobel waaay more than Peters.

I would think the Bills will pony up a top 5 LT money for Peters, but it will come with a few incentives, and that's tha way it should be. 3 of these incentives should be the big ones... 1 for the Bills making the playoffs while starting 80% of the games, and 1 for making the SB, and 1 for winning the SB. If the team doesn't make the playoffs then Peters salary ends up being top 10 instead of top 5. If he hits on all 3 he is the highest paid LT in the game.

My fear is Peters wants the whole enchilada without any incentives, and will hold us hostage just to get out of camp and OTA's...

but again my 1st preference is to resign him longterm.

TacklingDummy
01-11-2009, 12:55 PM
I would think the Bills will pony up a top 5 LT money for Peters, but it will come with a few incentives, and that's tha way it should be. 3 of these incentives should be the big ones... 1 for the Bills making the playoffs while starting 80% of the games, and 1 for making the SB, and 1 for winning the SB. If the team doesn't make the playoffs then Peters salary ends up being top 10 instead of top 5. If he hits on all 3 he is the highest paid LT in the game.

My fear is Peters wants the whole enchilada without any incentives, and will hold us hostage just to get out of camp and OTA's...

The shape Buffalo has been in for the past 10 years would you sign a contract with the incentives you listed?

acehole
01-11-2009, 03:17 PM
The majority of Trents throws were 3 seconds at least. He had all day to throw to often to make a statement like that.

Well then Trade trent for a balarina.....she might last longer on the field...

X-Era
01-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Well then Trade trent for a balarina.....she might last longer on the field...

:tap:

Peters is a pro-bowl LT at most, but at the very least our best OL, and a franchise LT

Just pay the damn guy his 7.5 to 8.5 mill per.

It all ends when we pay him what he deserves.

mysticsoto
01-12-2009, 07:51 AM

Agreed. If they can cough up money to resign Kelsay's crappy play, they can resign Peters so he's happy and in camp next year, and ready to go at the season's start.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2009, 08:54 AM
why do you always say Chambers as the LT? It would be Langston Walker who did a pretty good job at the start of the year. And Chambers would be our solid RT.
LOL... :puke:

yordad
01-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Have I mentioned lately that I don't like Jason Peters.

Marvelous
01-13-2009, 04:06 AM
Chad Johnson? wtf! What team are you watching? The Ralph would have a heart attack instantly if our GM did that...The Bills havent' had a loud mouth since Bruuuce. & he was thee overall player in that draft...

--I stand by us keeping Jason Peters for his CAREER! He is the best LT we've probably ever had.. I wish i we're equipped to make a highlight youtube of Peters OWNING stud RE's...

---I do agree that we need a cutch/posession WR since Trent covets route running over streaks/bombs... If Hardy would get groomed (heh) already & with Steve Johnson from Kentucky showing some reliability & His home-boy Josh Reed, well we could be alright...Curious if Schouman is ready.. He impressed me alot this year. IMO we have our gem TE already on the roster...Oh, my bad for those that want the hyped rookie with the 11th pick.. So for everyone else, i think Schouman could progress into a sweet role for us....