Perfect trade down option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Perfect trade down option

Heres a logical top 10.

Det- Bradford/Stafford QB
    STL- OT
    KC- Orpako
    Sea- Crabtree
    Clev- Curry
    Cincinatti- RB
    Oak- OT
    Jack- OT
    GB- DE
    SF- OT

Well this leaves buffalo with Stafford, Jenkins, Maualuga, Spikes, Laurenitis, and Mays left on the board.

Options- Each one we get a 2nd based on a draft value chart.

Stafford- Jets, Chicago, TB,
    Jenkins- NO, SD, Chic
    Maualuga- NYJ, NO. Same with Spikes and Laurenitis.
    Mays- Chicago, NO, TB

This will trade us to about the 19th-15th pick. We basically still have the chance to get Brown, Hardy, Maclin, Mack, possibly spikes or Laurenitis, and possibily Mays.

Then we have the 15th-20th pick and we can get the players I posted on top still and have 2 2nd rounders.
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: Perfect trade down option

If you ask me, there is a pretty decent chance that one of the top 3 OT's falls to us, in which case we could find a trade partner easily. I could see Detroit drafting Stafford and then looking to trade up to get a franchise LT if the opportunity presented itself, they surely have the fire power to do so.

That is the trade value chart. I would be willing to trade the 11th pick to Detroit for their 20th pick and 65th pick, and swapping our 2nd round picks. So this is how it would work out:

Buffalo recieves: #20, #33 and #65
    Detroit recieves: #11 and #42

Detroit would be able to take their franchise LT in Monroe or Oher, and we would be able to compile more draft picks! This trade could make a great deal of sense for Detroit, seeing as how they have 2 3rd round picks this year. A franchise QB (Stafford) and a franchise LT (Monroe) would be an excellent first day for them.

Detroit:

#1: Stafford, QB, Georgia
    #11: Monroe, OT, Virginia
    #42: Johnson, OG, LSU

Buffalo would then have 4 draft picks in the first 3 rounds:

If a hypothetical trade like this did work out for Buffalo, it would be very appealing for us to start dealing 4th & 5th round picks to possibly move back up into the 3rd. Trading down clearly makes the most sense for Buffalo this year, seeing as how a prospect like Michael Johnson or Greg Hardy would be available at #20.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Please dont tell me your going to start posting a billion trade up, trade down and who's there when we pick at 8, 11, 15, 19 etc in early freegin january?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        Please dont tell me your going to start posting a billion trade up, trade down and who's there when we pick at 8, 11, 15, 19 etc in early freegin january?

What do you think is going to be on football message boards at this time of the year? It's not like we're in the playoffs.. What are you expecting, ground breaking news? Or should we just sit here and complain about the /fail players on the Bills roster from last season?

Comment

• HAMMER
          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
          • Jul 2003

You people need help, the playoffs haven't even ended for god's sake.

Comment

Working...
          X