PDA

View Full Version : The case for Stafford over Bradford

PECKERWOOD
01-09-2009, 08:19 PM
I would like to hear everybody's thoughts on this debate. I will start off first. I think that Stafford is a slightly better QB than Bradford, there are a couple things that factor into this.

1.) Stafford played in a pro-style offense in Georgia and is comfortable with taking snaps behind the center and with the 3 step drop etc., Where as Bradford on the other hand has mostly played in the shotgun at OU, so there are some questions there and so there maybe a larger learning curve for him.

2.) Stafford has a cannon for an arm. There is no question about this guy's arm strength, he can make any throw in the NFL. Bradford maybe considered more accurate than Stafford, I'll give Bradford that much but his arm strength has been questioned at times.

3.) Stafford is unflappable where as Bradford maybe more prone to making mistakes after taking hits. Stafford hasn't had the luxury of playing behind an all-pro offensive line and has had nowhere the same quality of targets on offense that Bradford has had.

Night Train
01-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Stafford has a good shot of being the #1 overall pick. He's the franchise QB of this draft.

tampabay25690
01-09-2009, 09:35 PM
What is the Debate........
Stafford is the best QB in this draft period....

Mitchell55
01-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Who cares, this is the bills forum and this has nothing to do with the bills. This should be in the scouting zone.

FlyingDutchman
01-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Gotta be honest. There is not one QB coming out this year that impresses me. If we end up with one in the first round ill throw up. Put Bradford in a league that doesnt have swiss cheese for defenses like the big 12 and see what happens. NOt to mention the diesel team built around, running a spread offense against those terrible defenses. Look what happend the moment Florida hurried him, he looked terrible. Stafford, has moments, but I just dont see it. Granted the SEC has tough defenses. There was just nothing really that Stafford did to show me he will make it at the next level. Not this year anyways. He looked terrible against Michigan st in their bowl game as well.

PECKERWOOD
01-10-2009, 11:33 AM
So I take it that most people agree with me that Stafford is the better QB in this draft. I just find it absolutely hilarious that all these mock drafts have Bradford going over Stafford. When you take the time to think about it, Stafford should go before Bradford.

HAMMER
01-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Not sure you are right, Bradford's accuracy is off the charts.

FlyingDutchman
01-10-2009, 11:56 AM
People that are in love with Bradford I invite them to watch the big 12 closer. Is it just coincidence that 3 QBs were getting Hiesman talk in a conference that plays no defense and only runs spread offenses? Mccoy, Harrel, and Bradford all benefited from being on powerhouse teams offensively, and playing garbage defenses. What do you think is going to happen when you have this? Of course your gonna have great stats. Now watch these players when they play semi good defenses. Bradford put up 14 points and looked like crap. Mccoy eeked out a win against a bad Ohio state team, and Harrels texas tech got blown out of the water by ole miss.....

Ingtar33
01-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Stafford has the body... but i don't think he has the mind of a winner. Name one comeback. Name one big game. The bigger the game the smaller he plays. He is also slow to read defenses, and frankly, his short accuracy stinks. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Trent Dilfer. Great tools, just never really put it together... with mediocre short accuracy.

Bradford is more accurate (by far) but you're right, his arm isn't great. He also has unreal talent surrounding him. He also doesn't come through when you need him. Look at the games he's lost the past few years. he's played good but not good enough. Winners win those games. especially with the talent advantage that OK puts on the field.

PECKERWOOD
01-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Stafford has the body... but i don't think he has the mind of a winner. Name one comeback. Name one big game. The bigger the game the smaller he plays. He is also slow to read defenses, and frankly, his short accuracy stinks. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Trent Dilfer. Great tools, just never really put it together... with mediocre short accuracy.

Bradford is more accurate (by far) but you're right, his arm isn't great. He also has unreal talent surrounding him. He also doesn't come through when you need him. Look at the games he's lost the past few years. he's played good but not good enough. Winners win those games. especially with the talent advantage that OK puts on the field.

Didn't Peyton Manning lose all 4 bowl games that he played in while in college? Other than Moreno, Stafford really hasn't had much on offense to work with.. His OL is not that great either. I think that if both declare for the draft, Stafford produces the quickest results out of the two. I don't think that neither of these QB's can produce results similar to Matt Ryan or Stacco from this previous year's draft, I also agree with you in the sense that I'm not sure if either of them have "it." Also, with Bradford... I hate to use 1 game as an example but against Florida in the BCS game it seemed like he was nearly using up the whole game clock looking over at the sidelines trying to get calls from his coach on the sidelines. I mean, if you're trying to run the no huddle offense, shouldn't the QB be able to call the plays and make the necessary audibles as he deems fit? From my pov, it's just really hard to make a judgement on Bradford because he has been so sheltered at OU.