PDA

View Full Version : So with the Cardinal's Success

billsfanone
01-10-2009, 10:22 PM
That leaves only the Bills and Lions as the most futile in the last 10 years, right?

DMBcrew36
01-10-2009, 10:28 PM
I thought that Arizona was the only team with a longer playoff drought than Buffalo? And at least they could say it was b/c they were an expansion team.

Stewie
01-10-2009, 10:54 PM
I thought that Arizona was the only team with a longer playoff drought than Buffalo? And at least they could say it was b/c they were an expansion team.
arizona is not an expansion team. The franchise has been around since 1312.

jimbohastle51
01-11-2009, 12:42 AM
crazy thing is that if philly wins tomorrow then arizona will host the NFC playoff game and if boldin is healthy next week and they are home philly will have there hands full! last time it was outside and cold in philly, if the number 2 scoring offense is home (indoors) with there best weapons healthy and the new chip on his shoulder edge james they really can beat philly! especially after completely seeing them tear apart the panthers! now the giants if they draw them i think would be tougher for arizona because outside with the snow and wind there high powered passing attack would be extremely weakened, but IF philly wins we might see a fun NFC championship game.

trapezeus
01-11-2009, 12:57 AM
and the lions have a new coach and a boat load of picks this draft.

The bills have a coach who can't get a record better than 7-9, have the same morons looking at the draft board, and haven't shown us any reason to not believe that they are going to put the thrust of importance on players we should already have and leave both lines open to weak players.

I wonder which one is going to get into the playoffs first.

acehole
01-11-2009, 09:52 AM
That leaves only the Bills and Lions as the most futile in the last 10 years, right?

Can we get Kurt Warner is t he question?

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-11-2009, 10:23 AM
^ That is so no the question.

TacklingDummy
01-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Can we get Kurt Warner is t he question?

And Bolden, Fitz.

Peters for Bolden.

yordad
01-11-2009, 11:59 AM
^ That is so no the question.Let me think about this....

Experinced QB
Proven QB
Successful QB
Will call an audible to pass
Will make others better
Will keep the defense's respect
Will make coaches better

Would give me more hope

Gosh that is unlikely, and it isn't exactly building for the future. But then again, I want a freakin' playoff birth right friggin' now. If we want to break the drought, Warner might give us as much or more bang for our FA $$s as anyone.

Just my .02$

yordad
01-11-2009, 11:59 AM
And Bolden, Fitz.

Peters for Bolden.Also a good point.

ddaryl
01-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Congrats to Arizona for ending their drought, but they didn't exactly have to clear many hurdles to get there.

lets review the NFC West where the Cards went 6-0 in their division and only won 2 games outside their division this year... One of those to guess who ? Even if the Bills beat them and they go 8-8 they still win their division

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>z- Arizona (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=ari)</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.563</TD><TD>427</TD><TD>426</TD><TD>Won 1</TD><TD>6-0</TD><TD>7-5</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>San Francisco (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=sfo)</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.438</TD><TD>339</TD><TD>381</TD><TD>Won 2</TD><TD>3-3</TD><TD>5-7</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Seattle (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=sea)</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.250</TD><TD>294</TD><TD>392</TD><TD>Lost 1</TD><TD>3-3</TD><TD>3-9</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>St. Louis (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=stl)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.125</TD><TD>232</TD><TD>465</TD><TD>Lost 10</TD><TD>0-6</TD><TD>2-10</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Seattle - Sucks and is on a major down turn and will be a rebuild project in 2009
San Fran - improving but nothing to fear unless your the Bills
St. Louis - sucks and has a ways to go

I also don't think Warner would be a very good "Buffalo Weather" QB

Boldin would be an equivalent to a wet dream... It would require the end of cash to cap and an owner who realized he was 90 and his window for winning it all is closing extremely fast

note to Ralph: You can't take it with you, and your family will live extremely well on 100 million less. Heck I'm doing fine with almost nothing... Not to mention the impending death of capitalism.. might as well shoot your wad now you old fart

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Let me think about this....

Experinced QB
Proven QB
Successful QB
Will call an audible to pass
Will make others better
Will keep the defense's respect
Will make coaches better

Would give me more hope Oh you didn't get it. I love Kurt but he coming to Buffalo is so not the question as you said it yourself.

If he wins the championship he is out of football and if he doesn't he will resign for the Cardinals.

Night Train
01-12-2009, 05:54 AM
" What are you doing ! I thought we had a pact ! We shook hands ! "

~ Ralph on the phone with Bill Bidwell last night

lukabrossi
01-12-2009, 07:05 AM
Face facts.......the Bills are going nowhere, fast. Ralph has not shown a commitment to winning and this team will sit in the cellar for alonggggggggggggggggggggggg time yet.

justasportsfan
01-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Warner might give us as much or more bang for our FA $$s as anyone.

Just my .02$

He'd be able to mentor Trent and he'd be able to train/mentor/school/educate Turk.