PDA

View Full Version : It figures the Bills got Mularkey

ghz in pittsburgh
01-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Whisenhunt succeeds Malarkey and went on to get a superbowl with the Steelers. Now he's having success with the Cards.

Mularkey flames out with the Bills.

Just our luck. With Donahoe. We always seem to get the wrong guy.

Owen DeBoard
01-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Whisenhunt succeeds Malarkey and went on to get a superbowl with the Steelers. Now he's having success with the Cards.

Mularkey flames out with the Bills.

Just our luck. With Donahoe. We always seem to get the wrong guy.
I hate to burst your bubble but its just not Donahoe. How about Marv bringin in this Dick that we cant get rid of.

trapezeus
01-11-2009, 12:54 AM
john fox lost tonight, but the panthers have been good almost every season he has been there. we went with Gregg "i can't get a head coaching job even though synder paid me $2MM a year to talk the job" Williams.

Coaching decisions aren't buffalo's strength.

Night Train
01-11-2009, 04:47 AM
Just our luck. With Wilson. We always seem to get the wrong guy. Corrected

TacklingDummy
01-11-2009, 08:30 AM

Whisenhunt wouldn't have Warner, Fitz, Bolden, James etc... in Buffalo with him. Like I have said many times, it's talent that makes a coach either look good or bad. Buffalo lacks the talent to make any coach look great.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-11-2009, 10:31 AM
^ But you have to wonder if it's either "Buffalo lacks the talent to make any coach look great" or "Buffalo lacks the coaching staff to make any talent look great" or maybe we are just switching between these two extremes.

Is it the talent? Is it the coaching staff? Is it both of them?

Typ0
01-11-2009, 10:41 AM
I'd be more willing to consider the coaching staff if they ever actually had decent talent as a whole on the team...but this team has not for our past three coaches either. Fade had good talent here and MMM cost us a trip to the SB. Then we were in cap hell and the team was blown up and we've had some talent but never enough at all positions to not get exploited and lose. These aren't all bad coaches ruining a good team it's bad teams not being able to get anything done. The last two years are the first two since 99 that I have felt the team was trying to improve as an entire unit. All the pieces aren't in place yet obviously but at least it looks like something is being built.

justasportsfan
01-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Whisenhunt wouldn't have Warner, Fitz, Bolden, James etc... in Buffalo with him. Like I have said many times, it's talent that makes a coach either look good or bad. Buffalo lacks the talent to make any coach look great.

:rofl: what did that talent do in 06? You need a coach that know hows to put the talent together and work together. Like you said many times and you are wrong in thinking that it's only talent. The redskins and cowboys have proven that through the years. Like I've told you many times, coaching and talent go hand in hand.

IAG
01-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Coach M also helped as OC with Matt Ryan this year to rave reviews. The guy could coach and got hosed by the owner.

TacklingDummy
01-11-2009, 11:48 AM
:rofl: what did that talent do in 06? Played Matt Leinart too much? Last 2 years Warner is the QB, big difference. Why because of Warner. Thanks for proving my point. :up:

:You need a coach that know hows to put the talent together and work together. Like you said many times and you are wrong in thinking that it's only talent.

I've never said it was only talent. Its 90% on the players and 10% on the coaches.

Michael82
01-11-2009, 12:10 PM
:rofl: what did that talent do in 06? You need a coach that know hows to put the talent together and work together. Like you said many times and you are wrong in thinking that it's only talent. The redskins and cowboys have proven that through the years. Like I've told you many times, coaching and talent go hand in hand.
Exactly! It's a combination of both. For example....Kevin Gilbride and Mike Mularkey were both run out of town for their pathetic offenses. Now Mularkey has a good QB and good players around him, so the offense looks better. The same thing for Kevin Gilbride with the Giants. However, neither of them are great coaches. Great coaches can turn **** into steak.

Typ0
01-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Exactly! It's a combination of both. For example....Kevin Gilbride and Mike Mularkey were both run out of town for their pathetic offenses. Now Mularkey has a good QB and good players around him, so the offense looks better. The same thing for Kevin Gilbride with the Giants. However, neither of them are great coaches. Great coaches can turn **** into steak.

so your solution is to keep throwing run of the mill coaches under the bus in hopes that someday we can land a one in a million miracle worker. Can't you see how stupid that is? Look at the Eagles. They have had an above average defensive squad and McNabb for years now and more often than not they are playing this weekend. Put McNabb on this team and a bit more defensive talent and we are right where the Eagles are with Reid. Substitute JP Losserman or Rob Johnson onto the Eagles and they are right where we are now. Reaching for coaches who don't exist isn't the answer...getting players that do is. If those players aren't going come play here for whatever reasons then our coaches are going to suck I don't care who they are.

trapezeus
01-11-2009, 05:44 PM
gilbride kind of killed the giants today. again, at the beginning of the game going into the wind, he was insistent to pass the ball. the run game would pick up 5-7yards a pop. but he wanted to pass.

finally when he knew throwing was too hard, he was exclusively running, but hte game required throws at the end. Last year was a oneoff for gilbride.

justasportsfan
01-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Played Matt Leinart too much? Last 2 years Warner is the QB, big difference. Why because of Warner. Thanks for proving my point. :up:.
and who's decision was that? The coaches. It's the coaches job to figure out which players gives them the best chance to win.