PDA

View Full Version : Jake Delhomme

Stewie
01-11-2009, 01:00 AM
He's not a world beater, but he's old, may get released/ask for it, and therefore might consider coming into Buffalo to hold a clipboard for Trent. Plus, he's a good guy and could probably teach him a thing or two.

Also, he has more super bowl starts then all our qb's combined.

trapezeus
01-11-2009, 01:04 AM
guys who have accomplished as much as delhomme has and has had the game he had in the playoffs, will not take lightly to going to the bench.

He wouldn't go to the bench of the Panthers at this point. I find it highly unlikely that he'll come to buffalo.

I admittedly don't watch too much panthers football, but i do wonder how much steve smith makes him the QB he is. our steve smith (aka Lee Evans) does not make plays like that.

Stewie
01-11-2009, 01:24 AM
I agree that the bench wouldn't be his first choice, but he may not have starting options next season, depending on what Carolina does.

TacklingDummy
01-11-2009, 08:28 AM
He's not a world beater, but he's old, may get released/ask for it, and therefore might consider coming into Buffalo to hold a clipboard for Trent.

Jake wouldn't hold a clipboard for Trent. Trent would be holding the clipboard for Jake.

No thanks though.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Well it is not like he has always been an unquestionable starter guys. Actually I would not be surprised if his starting days for the Panthers are over.

Stewie
01-11-2009, 10:42 AM
I disagree... if Jake has no starter options, I see him as the type of guy that will swallow his prideand get himself into the backup position with the best chance of seeing the field. Trent's injury history makes the bills backup QB one of those jobs..

That said, there's a lot of coaching upheaval, so maybe he gets a starting job somewhere. His days in Carolina are numbered, however

DrGraves
01-11-2009, 12:11 PM
forget clipboard. make him our starter.

DBrown77
01-11-2009, 12:51 PM
I went to the game last night. people want him out of here

Marvelous
01-12-2009, 01:05 AM
I'm all but certain that Trent's backup will play. So we are not a year away from playoffs, we need a rookie backup who can groom & hold a clipboard...Hopefully, we won't need rookie,backup,clipboard holder,,,BUt what-if we do.. QB makes or breaks teams. THIS TEAM..Kinda silly to not invest more into you're "make -or- breaker eh? Day-1 TE seems rediculous when you consider all other skill-position needs. & i see backup QB a higher priority then TE etc..Nothing has changed since Bledsoe was the general, we still need a backup who can play & has upside..
----Pretty much what we did when we drafted Trent IMO we need to do it again & hope we get just as lucky again. Like i said "hopefully we won't need the rook".....

Night Train
01-12-2009, 03:20 AM
Put a fork in him. He's done.

Byron Leftwich would be a far better option.

trapezeus
01-12-2009, 03:26 AM
delhomme has been to a superbowl. whether he deserves another shot or not is another question. but he is going to demand to start. and there are teams more desperate than us. They'll give him a shot if that's what he asks. Delhomme will not be a bill.

lukabrossi
01-12-2009, 07:17 AM
Delhomme is a waste of skin.....and it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up in Buffalo, with the rest of the team trash.

DraftBoy
01-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Problem is Carolina doesnt have a viable option behind Jake right now, Matt Moore has looked ok in decent action but not enough to cut a guy like Delholmme. A likely scenario I see is Carolina taking a QB on Day 1 of the draft and lettign Jake have this next season to teach the rook and then the year after its camp competition time/release Jake.

DBrown77
01-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Problem is Carolina doesnt have a viable option behind Jake right now, Matt Moore has looked ok in decent action but not enough to cut a guy like Delholmme. A likely scenario I see is Carolina taking a QB on Day 1 of the draft and lettign Jake have this next season to teach the rook and then the year after its camp competition time/release Jake.

You are dead on. This is what people down here are saying on the local sports talk.

Mr. Miyagi
01-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Put a fork in him. He's done.

Byron Leftwich would be a far better option.
:rofl: No.

don137
01-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Jake has one year left on his contract. Only the Panthers brass knows if they feel Moore is developing enough to take over for him someday.
I will be shocked if he is not the starter for the Panthers next year. Too many players are behind Delhomme, including Smith.

Pinkerton Security
01-12-2009, 12:04 PM
really? Leftwich has looked pretty good in relief of Ben. Delhomme looked like JP's mantally handicapped older brother against the Cards.

Tatonka
01-12-2009, 12:16 PM
jake is not really that good of a qb. steve smith is a monster and catches everything, but jake has always been super streaky and that is with a ridulous running game. he is not clutch at all. pass.

Bill Cody
01-12-2009, 04:27 PM

Yes.

Night Train
01-12-2009, 07:48 PM

Have you been to the stadium in Nov - Dec , like I have been since 1973? When the winds are 20-30 mph on average ?

You think the 34 year old Jake D flutter ball plays well in that ? Leftwich, some 6 years younger, still throws a dart and is far bigger than Jake D.

You've got to be kidding me.

The Jokeman
01-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Although he doesn't have Jim Kelly's arm Delhomme always reminded me of him. As he seems to be a good leader and can get his team to the playoffs but then when in some of his biggest games he makes stupid mistakes.