PDA

View Full Version : Bills' offense was motion-impaired

shelby
01-11-2009, 08:05 AM
<!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --> <!--Updated: 01/11/09 12:06 AM --> <!--startclickprintexclude--> <!-- Start /PubSys/Story/MediaBox/MediaBox.comp --> <!-- End /PubSys/Story/MediaBox/MediaBox.comp --> <!--endclickprintexclude--> The Buffalo Bills' offense still has a long way to go before it can lead the team to the playoffs.
Consider these facts from the 2008 Bills season:
• They ranked 25th in the NFL in yards gained, the sixth straight season in which Buffalo's attack has been among the bottom eight in the league. Where have you gone, Jim Kelly?
• They averaged 30 points per game against 4-3 defenses but just 14 points against 3-4 defenses.
• They attempted the fewest long passes in the NFL, according to league figures.
• They tied for the seventh-most turnovers in the NFL with 30.
It wasn't all bad news for the offense. The attack was not nearly as anemic as it was the previous three seasons, and it scored 10 more touchdowns than in 2007. The team was much better on third downs. Trent Edwards' numbers improved. The running backs were good. Josh Reed arguably had his best season as a Bill.
But while some may lament a handful of plays that went wrong in the 7-9 season, the numbers show the Bills clearly do not have a winning offense.

more... (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/545716.html)

justasportsfan
01-11-2009, 10:52 AM
problem is, the afce teams got so much better than in 07 except for the Pats nd they still owned us .In the mean time we went no where inspite of bringing in better talent and having more experience. Maybe next year we'll have more experience and better talent but so will the other teams.

yordad
01-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Oh Jesus. The difference between the 3-4 and the 4-3 for the Bills (offensively) was even more pronounced then I had it in my article. I had the 49ers down for a 4-3 when I did the math. I feel like a smuck. :doh:

I take solace in the premiss.

HHURRICANE
01-11-2009, 01:00 PM
For those who want to punish Edwards for our offensive woes I remember telling Mikey before the first Jets game that without Reed, Edwards ad the offense would be screwed.

It is obvious that we are desperate for a #2 WR.

yordad
01-11-2009, 01:21 PM
For those who want to punish Edwards for our offensive woes I remember telling Mikey before the first Jets game that without Reed, Edwards ad the offense would be screwed.

It is obvious that we are desperate for a #2 WR.So HH, in your mind, is there even the slightest of possibilities that Edwards isn't a future HOFer?

HHURRICANE
01-11-2009, 02:23 PM
So HH, in your mind, is there even the slightest of possibilities that Edwards isn't a future HOFer?

2009 is a year where Edwards has to be better than this year. He doesn't get any free pasees in 2009.

With that said I was pleased with the progress Edwards made and the way he finished the season.

Everyone here wants quick fixes to all our woes. Peyton Manning wouldn't have gotten this team to the playoffs, so QB is the least of our issues. Getting weapons to throw to is.

yordad
01-11-2009, 02:35 PM
2009 is a year where Edwards has to be better than this year. He doesn't get any free pasees in 2009.

With that said I was pleased with the progress Edwards made and the way he finished the season.

Everyone here wants quick fixes to all our woes. Peyton Manning wouldn't have gotten this team to the playoffs, so QB is the least of our issues. Getting weapons to throw to is.I believe Payton Manning could have got this team to the playoffs.

superbills
01-11-2009, 07:34 PM
I believe Payton Manning could have got this team to the playoffs.

If Edwards hadn't gotten lambasted in Arizona HE may have led us to the playoffs. There's no escaping the fact that having to play JP cost us big time. We should have let that ship sail and brought in a vet backup. That's not to say we still don't have issues on offence, but as HH said, starting QB is the least of our concerns. Backup OB on the other hand is another matter. We need a solid vet who can help us stay competitive if Edwards goes out again. Without that, we'll be meat again.

lukabrossi
01-13-2009, 07:08 AM
Motion impaired?....more like mentally impaired.