• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

This is disturbing...

"They averaged 30 points per game against 4-3 defenses but just 14 points against 3-4 defenses."

Maybe coaching IS a HUGE issue. We were not coached on how to play against the 3-4... AT ALL!

I am The Batman.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: This is disturbing...

I would call our problems vs: the 3-4 much more of a coaching issue then an individual issue...

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ddaryl
      I would call our problems vs: the 3-4 much more of a coaching issue then an individual issue...
      I concur
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BillsWin
        "They averaged 30 points per game against 4-3 defenses but just 14 points against 3-4 defenses."

Maybe coaching IS a HUGE issue. We were not coached on how to play against the 3-4... AT ALL!

I think in order to be successful against the 3-4 you have to be solid at the C position in order to handle the big NTs, and we play against 3 very good ones 6 times in Wilfork, Jenkins and Ferguson. Clearly thats one of our biggest weaknesses.

Once we upgrade the C position I think we will run the ball better and in turn the passing game will open up.

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by BillsWin

Though I miss calculated and counted the 49ers as a 4-3, I made this same point in an article.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• LtFinFan66
            • Mar 2005

I am guess that KC plays a 4-3. That 54 or whatever you dropped on them screws up the average big time

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
              I am guess that KC plays a 4-3. That 54 or whatever you dropped on them screws up the average big time
              It would still be a respectable 26.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

to play good offense vs a 3-4 you need a few things.

1) a QB who can read a zone blitz well
                2) an o-line that can block an overload blitz well
                3) a center who can get to the 2nd level well, or atleast pass block a NT.

im not sure we have any of the 3... Trent didn't seem to be too uncomfortable with the zone blitzes... so maybe im being unfair to him. But the o-line never handled overload/zone blitzes well, and our centers couldn't either get to the 2nd level, or pass block a nose tackle.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• lukabrossi
                  Senior Zoner
                  • Dec 2008

The coaching sucks. Where have you been, buddy?.......if you've been on this planet for any length of time, you'd have noticed once or twice how ****ty the Bills coaching system is.
                  I say they should fire everybody......starting from the top on down........and take some pride in the commitment of wining.
                  **** Buffalo and **** Jauron.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lukabrossi
                    The coaching sucks. Where have you been, buddy?.......if you've been on this planet for any length of time, you'd have noticed once or twice how ****ty the Bills coaching system is.
                    I say they should fire everybody......starting from the top on down........and take some pride in the commitment of wining.
                    **** Buffalo and **** Jauron.
                    yet Ingtar gave you specific and player centered examples of why we failed to succeed against a 3-4 defense and all you have to refute is unspecific blanket statements like "the coaching sucks" because you are a whiner and complainer. What could the coaches have done differently to succeed against the 3-4? Here are some things: Get better talent at C. Continue to work to bring TE along. Get another qualified QB on the roster. Increase the OLine depth.

Stop your whining and revolving bus of coaches and give them some time to get these things together.

Comment

• lukabrossi
                      Senior Zoner
                      • Dec 2008

....and don't forget about a quarterback who plays scared.

Comment

• lukabrossi
                        Senior Zoner
                        • Dec 2008

...and a defensive scheme that lets opponents run a train through it.

Comment

• lukabrossi
                          Senior Zoner
                          • Dec 2008

....and an O-line (...the biggest in the league, i might add) that can't hold the line of scrimmage......for their scared quarterback?

Comment

• lukabrossi
                            Senior Zoner
                            • Dec 2008

....and a coach that stands lifeless and empty, totally void of emotion or thought on the sidelines?

Comment

• lukabrossi
                              Senior Zoner
                              • Dec 2008

...and an owner that is too, too cheap to fix the problems, but a band-aid will do nicely.....for yet another year?

Comment

Working...
                              X