• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

So we should go and get Peppers huh????

Abso-friggin-lutely not.

I went from being abig fan of seeing him in a Bills uni to someone who hopes (and knows) he never will...

With their season ending earlier than some expected, the Carolina Panthers will now have to turn their attention toward retaining two key players for 2009 and beyond.

Al you need to do is look at how much hes making per year and you will see that we will NEVER make that move.

The Bills are likley to make their move in the draft. I think its gonna be Brown or Orakpo.

• PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: So we should go and get Peppers huh????

13 million a year? All we would have to do is cut Schobel and Kelsay then we could sign Peppers easily and draft another DE in the 1st round. Sorry but that would make too much sense, it will certainly never happen. God forbid we unload two highly overpaid players and spend the money on a difference maker who is actually worth the weight. Peppers would put our defense in the top 10 -- then imagine adding a guy like Michael Johnson, DE, 6'7 270lbs on the side opposite to him.

Comment

• X-Era
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
      13 million a year? All we would have to do is cut Schobel and Kelsay then we could sign Peppers easily and draft another DE in the 1st round. Sorry but that would make too much sense, it will certainly never happen. God forbid we unload two highly overpaid players and spend the money on a difference maker who is actually worth the weight.
      I dont know the facts, but I seriously doubt we could cut both and get 13 mill in cap room. Im picturing cap hits due to signing bonuses... etc...

Anyways, can you honestly see us cutting 2 players for one, and really cant see us ever signing a guy to 13 mill per.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

Peppers won't be commanding 14 mil a season with a new contract. He'll get a much more feasible contract if he signs with someone else.

His 14 mil year for next year represents the last year of the contract in which a player is extended and the cost is absorbed or released

Peppers is still on my wish list

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
        13 million a year? All we would have to do is cut Schobel and Kelsay then we could sign Peppers easily and draft another DE in the 1st round. Sorry but that would make too much sense, it will certainly never happen. God forbid we unload two highly overpaid players and spend the money on a difference maker who is actually worth the weight. Peppers would put our defense in the top 10 -- then imagine adding a guy like Michael Johnson, DE, 6'7 270lbs on the side opposite to him.
        cutting Schobel or kelsay does not save us much money in 2009 when you include amortisized bonus monies.

Kelsay definitley saves us nothing, and I would rahter keep Schobel this year and let him and peppers play together

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

I'm down. If Ralph doesn't spend it, he keeps it.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
            Peppers won't be commanding 14 mil a season with a new contract. He'll get a much more feasible contract if he signs with someone else.

His 14 mil year for next year represents the only last year of the contract in which a player is extended and the cost is absorbed or released

cutting Schobel or kelsay does not save us much money in 2009 when you include amortisized bonus monies
            I cant go along with it unless its in the 8-9mill range.

Thats a reasonable contract for us considering what we paid for Dockery at G.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by ddaryl

His 14 mil year for next year represents the only last year of the contract in which a player is extended and the cost is absorbed or released

cutting Schobel or kelsay does not save us much money in 2009 when you include amortisized bonus monies
              You're right that it probably wont save us a ton of money in 09 but imagine how much it would save us in 2010 and beyond? The only DE's worth keeping on our roster right now are Ellis and Denney, the rest can go as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't mind if we drafted 2 DE's in the 1st & 2nd round this year.

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
              I dont know the facts, but I seriously doubt we could cut both and get 13 mill in cap room. Im picturing cap hits due to signing bonuses... etc...

Anyways, can you honestly see us cutting 2 players for one, and really cant see us ever signing a guy to 13 mill per.
              Peppers is worth more than Schobel and Kelsay combined.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

I cant go along with it unless its in the 8-9mill range.

Thats a reasonable contract for us considering what we paid for Dockery at G.
                If you cansider what we paid Dock, Peppers would be worth 27 mil a year.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by yordad
                  If you cansider what we paid Dock, Peppers would be worth 27 mil a year.
                  I love responses like that.

Do you think thats a real discussion? Do you think you will get real responses?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Someone will be dumb enough to give Julius 13+ a year with a ridiculous signing bonus.

We simply cannot afford to give a DE that contract especially with what we have already tied up in the position.

FYI...cutting Kelsay has NO effect on the salary cap. Pat Moran confirmed this via chat with Clump. It's noted on another post.

So, if you have no problem with having 30+ million against the cap at ONE position....then be in favor of it.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

I agree 8-9 per season on average should do the trick spread over 5 years

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

With the other DE's available this offseason...

Peppers is without a doubt head and shoulders above the rest.

I don't believe Suggs is going anywhere and if he does, it'll be to a 3-4 team who'll sign him as a LB.

Peppers will easily get a contract in the vicinity of 6 years 75 million 15 signing bonus...if not more.

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

I love responses like that.

Do you think thats a real discussion? Do you think you will get real responses?
                          Clearly hyperbolized, but it makes a true, real point. I would like to make Peppers the Bills first 10+ Mil ( a year) $$ man. And Dock's contract is relatively irrelevant.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by yordad
                            Clearly hyperbolized, but it make a true, real point. I would like to make Peppers the Bills first 10+ Mil ( a year) $$ man.
                            Already have one of those!

Lee Evans was paid....11.8 million this past season.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Abso-friggin-lutely not.

I went from being abig fan of seeing him in a Bills uni to someone who hopes (and knows) he never will...

With their season ending earlier than some expected, the Carolina Panthers will now have to turn their attention toward retaining two key players for 2009 and beyond.

Al you need to do is look at how much hes making per year and you will see that we will NEVER make that move.

The Bills are likley to make their move in the draft. I think its gonna be Brown or Orakpo.
                              Hoping for Brown. We can have a Dwight Freeney type player way cheaper for the next 5 years at least.

Comment

Working...
                              X