• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Arizona...

Arizona gets an MVP caliber performance from the QB position and suddenly they have to play one game, at home, for a trip to the Superbowl. Go figure.
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Arizona...

Look at them now. They got MVP play from the QB position and they are playing, at home, for a trip to the superbowl.

Comment

• warsawbassman
      • Oct 2006

Re: Arizona...

yeah.........remember when the Lions, Card's, and Bills were the 3 "loser" teams of the 2000's..............ahhhhhh the good ol' days

Comment

• SabreEleven
        • Aug 2002

2 out of 3 ain't bad...

Comment

• Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
          • May 2007

Re: And There You Have It

So you are basically saying all we need to go to the Superbowl is to get Mike Gandy back to Buffalo?
          I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

Did you need 2 threads to say the same damn thing?

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Re: And There You Have It

no...an MVP QB.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
                Did you need 2 threads to say the same damn thing?

hmmm...I thought I looked and the other thread was missing. My mistake.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Well, we're not going to get MVP play out of the QB any time in the foreseeable future, so we need to find a coach who can win despite that.

And BTW, don't make me go down the list of teams that have won with average QB play again. Having an MVP QB is not the only way to win football games, and it doesn't guarantee winning. Case and point: Rob Johnson, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien and Trent Dilfer have Super Bowl rings. Jim Kelly and Dan Marino do not.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Well, we're not going to get MVP play out of the QB any time in the foreseeable future, so we need to find a coach who can win despite that.

And BTW, don't make me go down the list of teams that have won with average QB play again. Having an MVP QB is not the only way to win football games, and it doesn't guarantee winning. Case and point: Rob Johnson, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien and Trent Dilfer have Super Bowl rings. Jim Kelly and Dan Marino do not.

all of the guys you cited played mistake free above average QB for their teams to win. Williams and Rypien don't even belong in that group. Rob Johnson got his ring riding the pine. No coach is going to overcome poor QB play.

Comment

• lukabrossi
                      Senior Zoner
                      • Dec 2008

Ther superbowl Bills lost to the Giants with a quarterback named Hostetler.........remember him? Yeah, neither do I.....a fly-by-night, poor man's Phil Simms and yet, he's got a superbowl ring.
                      What about Mark Rypien?.........are you kidding me?.....Mark Rypien?......unbelieveable.
                      And yet the Bills couldn't beat either one of these teams for a superbowl win, with nameless and obviously forgetful quarterbacks. The Bills had a good team back then....and we still believe that the present day Bills are gonna go to the big dance anytime soon?........WAKE UP.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

They got a rookie CB who is playing out of his mind right now too helping to match up v. the other teams #1 WR part of the time. You may know his name...DRC.

2 playoff games:
                        10 Tackles, 2 INT,1 PD leading to another INT.

He's not the lone reason they are winning, a lot of it right now is coaching and Warner but he's playing extremely well for a rookie in the playoffs.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Hos in the superbowl: 20-32, 222yds, 1td, no turnovers.

And you guys are smoking some serious grass trying to refute my arguements with Rypien. During the SB season he threw for 3,564 yards and 28 touchdowns with 11 interceptions. He was the SB MVP for christ sakes. You're going to tell me the difference between that performance and Rob Johnson, JP Losserman, Trent Edwards or Drew Bledsoe is negligible? Like hell. Any of those four QBs and the redskins are 8-8 that year except maybe Bledsoe who might get them another win or two but choke in the playoffs.

Face it guys, the QBs you want to use to make your arguements had stellar seasons at least for themselves in all cases when their teams won the superbowl. There has NEVER been an occurrance of a team overcomming consistently crappy play from the QB to win the SB. NEVER!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                            Hos in the superbowl: 20-32, 222yds, 1td, no turnovers.

And you guys are smoking some serious grass trying to refute my arguements with Rypien. During the SB season he threw for 3,564 yards and 28 touchdowns with 11 interceptions. He was the SB MVP for christ sakes. You're going to tell me the difference between that performance and Rob Johnson, JP Losserman, Trent Edwards or Drew Bledsoe is negligible? Like hell. Any of those four QBs and the redskins are 8-8 that year except maybe Bledsoe who might get them another win or two but choke in the playoffs.

Face it guys, the QBs you want to use to make your arguements had stellar seasons at least for themselves in all cases when their teams won the superbowl. There has NEVER been an occurrance of a team overcomming consistently crappy play from the QB to win the SB. NEVER!
                            Ravens in 2000 with Dilfer;

134-226, 1502 yards, 12 TD, 11 INT, 8 Fumbles

That's pretty consistent crappy QB play if you ask me.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                              Ravens in 2000 with Dilfer;

134-226, 1502 yards, 12 TD, 11 INT, 8 Fumbles

That's pretty consistent crappy QB play if you ask me.

I thought it was right on average. It was average. And I bet if you look at the league historical numbers it's even above average. But we'll call it average. And this is the ONLY example and that defense was off the charts. They could win games by scoring three points! It's clearly a one in a million exception to the rule not something you use to proclaim there is any historical trend going on.

Comment

Working...
                              X