PDA

View Full Version : Players Who Will Be Cut

PECKERWOOD
01-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Let's get your predictions people! Come on doom n' gloom folks, Pat and Op I especially would like to hear your thoughts on this topic!

I'll start, I think in a shocking move we cut Aaron Schobel. However, there will be reprecussions. Ryan Denney just had a career year(4 sacks WOAH) and I think that he will recieve a contract in the neighborhood of 6 million dollars a year!

yordad
01-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Let's get your predictions people! Come on doom n' gloom folks, Pat and Op I especially would like to hear your thoughts on this topic!

I'll start, I think in a shocking move we cut Aaron Schobel. However, there will be reprecussions. Ryan Denney just had a career year(4 sacks WOAH) and I think that he will recieve a contract in the neighborhood of 6 million dollars a year!YeaH, I would puke.

justasportsfan
01-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Ryan Denney just had a career year(4 sacks WOAH) and I think that he will recieve a contract in the neighborhood of 6 million dollars a year!

I wouldn't be suprised anymore. Dick will talk about how much he loves Denney and then later say we need to get better.....

Mr. Pink
01-12-2009, 03:49 PM
It would be much easier to list the players we should keep vs the ones that should be cut..IMO

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-12-2009, 09:09 PM
How much will we save if we cut Schobel and/or Kelsay?

Anyway, I say we are gonna cut McCargo.

PECKERWOOD
01-12-2009, 09:12 PM
How much will we save if we cut Schobel and/or Kelsay?

Anyway, I say we are gonna cut McCargo.

Nice, I could see that happening.

BTW, I don't think that we would save anything by cutting Kelsay --- most of his salary was paid upfront. Showblow on the other hand, probably nothing for this year but we would certainly save some money for 2010+.

jimbohastle51
01-12-2009, 10:06 PM
no way denney gets 6 million a year, he will be 32 by the time that the season starts next year and though he had a career year he is nothing more than a role player. he still has 1 more year (next year) on his contract, i think he is a candidate for an extension but probably just another 1-2 year extension at about 2 million a year that would put him with us through his 34th b-day.

PECKERWOOD
01-12-2009, 10:19 PM
no way denney gets 6 million a year, he will be 32 by the time that the season starts next year and though he had a career year he is nothing more than a role player. he still has 1 more year (next year) on his contract, i think he is a candidate for an extension but probably just another 1-2 year extension at about 2 million a year that would put him with us through his 34th b-day.

PAY THE MAN.

BillsWin
01-12-2009, 10:42 PM
cut em all. start fresh.....................................................................

Evans, Lynch, Jackson, Johnson, Walker, Peters, Stroud can stay. the others are expendable...

JK

yordad
01-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Ko Simpson being cut wouldn't surprise me.

PECKERWOOD
01-12-2009, 11:36 PM
Ko Simpson being cut wouldn't surprise me.

Really? I guess Scott/Whitner weren't too bad but I must say that I wouldn't mind keeping him as a backup.

Michael82
01-13-2009, 12:36 AM
I'm hoping that this is the year that we finally cut Robert Royal.... :pray:

Oaf
01-13-2009, 01:30 AM
I'll go out on a limb and say X Omon. We'll give up on him just like we gave up on Wright.

I really hope we bring neither Fowler near Preston back.

Marvelous
01-13-2009, 03:58 AM
Listing Kelsay is outta place in this thread..
--Surprise cuts
-George Wilson would surprise me if he was released. I think it might happen because of the emergance of Scott. Scott should start next year regardless if it's Free -or- strong safety. The dude is a monster.
---Ko Simposn has too much value to our current leadership. He plays the #4 corner pretty solid & he sometimes plays the slot. Not to mention his usual position of FS..So i'll list him because it would be a "SURPRISE"..

--Ryan Denney was just resigned the offseason before the last one. err,,,two seasons ago :lol: .. I think it's amazing how the youth of the fanbase forgot that he played mediocre because he's our BACKUP! He was forced to start because Schobel was hurt...
---Schobel would be a"surprise" but there's no way. He would be the largest dead-cap hit in team history if we cut him..

---I woulda said Parrish, but he's history anyways via free agency. He doesn't fit in with Trent at all..

--Robert Royal would surprise nobody.

Guess my only "surprise" cut is Simpson. The surprise because the staff loves his versatitlity. I don't get it but hey. They are watching the players every move on every play 100 times over -and- over etc..

Crazygoo
01-13-2009, 05:35 AM
No matter who we think will be cut the front office will do something that we could never imagine

X-Era
01-13-2009, 06:04 AM
PAY THE MAN.

Denney was extended a year or two back... no new deal needed.

Denney has never been much of anything and finally does something which is pretty sub-average numbers by the way and were acting like hes a key piece?

Night Train
01-13-2009, 06:19 AM
Can Jauron cut anyone, since there is so much mutual "love" between him and his players ?

Aren't they thinking of moving training camp to the Pocono's, to strengthen their commitment to each other ?

"I love you Chris Kelsay !"

" I love you, Coach ! "

:rolleyes: :D:

chernobylwraiths
01-13-2009, 06:31 AM
offense - dockery
defense - Ellison

Forward_Lateral
01-13-2009, 06:38 AM
Listing Kelsay is outta place in this thread..
--Surprise cuts
-George Wilson would surprise me if he was released. I think it might happen because of the emergance of Scott. Scott should start next year regardless if it's Free -or- strong safety. The dude is a monster.
---Ko Simposn has too much value to our current leadership. He plays the #4 corner pretty solid & he sometimes plays the slot. Not to mention his usual position of FS..So i'll list him because it would be a "SURPRISE"..

--Ryan Denney was just resigned the offseason before the last one. err,,,two seasons ago :lol: .. I think it's amazing how the youth of the fanbase forgot that he played mediocre because he's our BACKUP! He was forced to start because Schobel was hurt...
---Schobel would be a"surprise" but there's no way. He would be the largest dead-cap hit in team history if we cut him..

---I woulda said Parrish, but he's history anyways via free agency. He doesn't fit in with Trent at all..

--Robert Royal would surprise nobody.

Guess my only "surprise" cut is Simpson. The surprise because the staff loves his versatitlity. I don't get it but hey. They are watching the players every move on every play 100 times over -and- over etc..

Parrish isn't a FA.

lukabrossi
01-13-2009, 07:10 AM
.....fire everybody.......from the top on down.

Michael82
01-13-2009, 08:34 AM
offense - dockery
defense - Ellison
Now those would truly be surprise cuts.

Jan Reimers
01-13-2009, 09:28 AM
offense - dockery
defense - Ellison
I think they're more likely to keep Ellison as a backup, and cut Corto or Costanzo.

Mr. Miyagi
01-13-2009, 09:29 AM
No way they cut Dock. The cap hit would be huge.

You guys think Youboty is in any danger of getting the pink slip? I have his jersey. :(

bflobarry
01-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Ko Simpson will not be cut: he is playing on his rookie contract, and as a 4th rounder, he's cheap depth. Cuts: Royal, Fowler (not Preston, as he is also cheap depth), Kelsay, Whittle (not re-signed, a la JP). We'll foolishly let Greer walk, after he finally turns into a solid pro- Ralph won't pay him. On a side note, our biggest off season needs: DE, OLB, TE, #2 WR. Wishful thinking might have S. Johnson be that #2 WR, and Fine maybe even a REAL TE, still leaving DE (draft), and OLB (free agency) as our biggest needs. Oh, and a center that doesn't suck....

justasportsfan
01-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Parrish gets cut.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Some of you want to cut Dockery? Ah, come on.

I would cut McCargo, Robert Royal, and maybe McIntyre. There is the possibility of trading (not cutting) a guy like Kelsay if we are able to land another starting DE, but if we are not then not.

I would also resign DiGiorgio.

My probable depth chart:

Defensive Ends: Aaron Schobel, STUD PROSPECT OR FREE AGENT, Ryan Denney, Chirs Ellis
Defensive Tackles: Marcus Stroud, Kyle Williams, Spencer Johnson, PROSPECT
Linebackers: FREE AGENT OR STUD PROSPECT, Paul Posluzsny, Kawika Mitchell, Keith Ellison, John DiGiorgio, Bowen
Cornerbacks: Terrence McGee, Leodis McKelvin, Ashton YouBoty, Reggie Corner
Safeties: Bryan Scott, Donte Whitner, Ko Simpson, Geroge Wilson
Tackles: Jason Peters, Langston Walker, Chris Chambers
Center: FREE AGENT & PROSPECT
Guards: Derrick Docekry, Brad Butler, PROSPECT, PROSPECT
Quaterbacks: Trent, FREE AGENT, the other guy
Runningbacks: Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, Xavier Omon
Tightends: PROSPECT/FREE AGENT, Dereck Fine, Dereck Shouman
Wides: Evans, Josh Reed, James Hardy, Steve Johnson

lukabrossi
01-13-2009, 10:20 AM
I'd cut Edwards.

PECKERWOOD
01-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Denney was extended a year or two back... no new deal needed.

Denney has never been much of anything and finally does something which is pretty sub-average numbers by the way and were acting like hes a key piece?

Sorry, I was trying to be hella sarcastic.

yordad
01-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Ko Simpson will not be cut: he is playing on his rookie contract, and as a 4th rounder, he's cheap depth. Cuts: Royal, Fowler (not Preston, as he is also cheap depth), Kelsay, Whittle (not re-signed, a la JP). We'll foolishly let Greer walk, after he finally turns into a solid pro- Ralph won't pay him. On a side note, our biggest off season needs: DE, OLB, TE, #2 WR. Wishful thinking might have S. Johnson be that #2 WR, and Fine maybe even a REAL TE, still leaving DE (draft), and OLB (free agency) as our biggest needs. Oh, and a center that doesn't suck....Ko might not be one of the top 4 safties on the roster. Preston and Fowler are free agents.

yordad
01-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Some of you want to cut Dockery? Ah, come on.

I would cut McCargo, Robert Royal, and maybe McIntyre. There is the possibility of trading (not cutting) a guy like Kelsay if we are able to land another starting DE, but if we are not then not.

I would also resign DiGiorgio.

My probable depth chart:

Defensive Ends: Aaron Schobel, Chris Kelsay, STUD PROSPECT OR FREE AGENT, Ryan Denney, Chirs Ellis
Defensive Tackles: Marcus Stroud, Kyle Williams, Spencer Johnson, PROSPECT
Linebackers: FREE AGENT OR STUD PROSPECT, Paul Posluzsny, Kawika Mitchell, Keith Ellison, John DiGiorgio, Bowen
Cornerbacks: Terrence McGee, Leodis McKelvin, Ashton YouBoty, Reggie Corner
Safeties: Bryan Scott, Donte Whitner, Ko Simpson, Geroge Wilson
Tackles: Jason Peters, Langston Walker, Chris Chambers
Center: FREE AGENT & PROSPECT
Guards: Derrick Docekry, Jason Butler, PROSPECT, Costazo
Quaterbacks: Trent, FREE AGENT, the other guy
Runningbacks: Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, Xavier Omon
Tightends: PROSPECT/FREE AGENT, Dereck Fine, Dereck Shouman
Wides: Evans, Josh Reed, James Hardy, Steve JohnsonI prefere the stud DE in front of Schobel. You need a CB prospect. It's "Brad" Butler, and I really don't know who Costazo (G) is.

Griz78
01-13-2009, 11:49 AM
I doubt we have many cuts, maybe Royal, McCargo and Simpson but everyone else will stay. Problem is we have to many backups in starting positions.

FB - No good starters, McIntyre is a FA anyways, need to get a pass catcher here.
WR - Reed/Johnson/hardy, good #3s/Slot, need a #2
TE - Royal, would be good #2/Blocking TE. Need a real #1 pass catcher
OL - Unfortunately too much money here to cut, need a real Center

DL - Same as OL, need a pass rush DE. Denney/Kelsay are #2s taht make too much

LB - need a starter, Ellison is a backup

CB - I think we will be ok.
S - Would like a SS and Whitner at FS.

As many here know, we need to get rid of crap like Corto, Schouman, McIntyre, Jenkins, etc. We need new talent, drop some starters to backups and our last few roster spots maybe 3, can be reserved for a guy like Costanzo or G.Wilson or Wendling.

The thing is we didn't get any help to fill our last year holes from Hardy, Fine or Ellis. At best these guys shoudl be roster spots 48 to 52.

cocamide
01-13-2009, 11:53 AM
I'd resign Losman just so we can cut him like we should have a year ago.

OpIv37
01-13-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm not sure if any of these are surpises, but I think the following are likely cuts:

Royal, Fowler (well I think he's a FA so they don't have to cut him, but he won't be re-signed), McCargo, Simpson.

Griz78
01-13-2009, 01:02 PM
It is also possible we hold onto McCargo and Simpson and see if we can get any trade value for them, if not they have low salaries where we can take them to camp and see if a fire is lit up their ass. If not, then we can cut them in TC.

yordad
01-13-2009, 02:00 PM
It is also possible we hold onto McCargo and Simpson and see if we can get any trade value for them, if not they have low salaries where we can take them to camp and see if a fire is lit up their ass. If not, then we can cut them in TC.Yep, TC.

justasportsfan
01-13-2009, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the players we cut end up in the playoffs next year.

Boomstick
01-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Am I the only person who wouldn't be surprised if we extend Ko and give him a huge pay raise? I see it like this, they make Ko "worth millions" so he doesn't seem like a liar for saying that to those cops. You know, the front office wants him to seem like more of a character guy. Don't want a liar on your roster.

And I hate to say it, but I see us cutting George Wilson.

bigbub2352
01-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Cut or not re-signed
Jason Whittle
Jonathan Stupar
Robert Royal
justin Jenkins
Corey Mace
Chris Kelsay
George wilson
Jon Corto
Keith Ellison
Duke Preston
Melvin Fowler
Blake Costanzo
Dustin Fox
Ted Lehman
Jonathan Scott
JP losman

Oaf
01-13-2009, 03:20 PM
If we resign Greer, sign Briggs, sign Nate Washington, draft a first round DE, trade our 2nd/3rd for Alex Mack and NOT sign Preston/Fowler, McIntire (worst FB ever), and cut Chris Kelsay, I'd be excited about Bills football again.

PECKERWOOD
01-13-2009, 06:27 PM
If we resign Greer, sign Briggs, sign Nate Washington, draft a first round DE, trade our 2nd/3rd for Alex Mack and NOT sign Preston/Fowler, McIntire (worst FB ever), and cut Chris Kelsay, I'd be excited about Bills football again.

I think that Kelsay's contract was paid mostly upfront -- I saw the top 10 salaries for Bills players and I didn't see him on the list. I'm not entirely sure if it would make sense to cut Kelsay --- we may have some trade options because his anual salary isn't quite as heavy as I first expected.

X-Era
01-13-2009, 06:30 PM
"Now those would truly be surprise cuts."

Especially considering guys as "great" as Corto and Digi were primary backups. :rolleyes:

PECKERWOOD
01-13-2009, 06:46 PM
I would be upset if we cut Digi.

northernbillfan
01-14-2009, 08:18 AM
Jauron but we all feel that way.

Oh you said players. Sorry.

lukabrossi
01-14-2009, 09:25 AM
i say they fire everybody and start over.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-14-2009, 09:47 AM
I prefere the stud DE in front of Schobel. You need a CB prospect. It's "Brad" Butler, and I really don't know who Costazo (G) is. Yeah, my intention was to put him in front of. Yeah it's Brad, not Jason. Costazo is actually a linebacker, I don't know why I listed him as a guard.

jaycorp51
01-14-2009, 08:45 PM
offense - dockery
defense - Ellison

I would be more than shocked if they can Dockery. They are trying to get a competent center to streghten the line, so I don't see them just making one more hole to try and fill via FA or the draft.

My cuts would be Ko, Kelsay and McCargo

Nighthawk
01-14-2009, 09:02 PM
This organization, along with this terrible coach couldn't tell talent if somebody shoved it down their throat! This team will continue to be terrible until they have a good football mind in this organization!