Antonio Bryant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Antonio Bryant?

Well Hardy is out for no less than 6 months which means he will miss most of the offseason, so how about bringing in Bryant. Hes 6-1, had 7 TDs and 1,000+ yards last year and is a 6 year vet. He somehow managed to be tossed around by teams and he was actually decent on those teams averaging around 50 catches and 800 yds and 5 TDs. Not a bad player at all.
  • Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: Antonio Bryant?

He's a major head case. However the year away from football (2007 season) might have growed-him-up a bit.

Comment

• Mitchell55
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Goobylal
      He's a major head case. However the year away from football (2007 season) might have growed-him-up a bit.

Well I never heard anything out of him last year and I think hes at his prime. Hes around 26 which is where most recievers become great.

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mitchell59
        Well Hardy is out for no less than 6 months which means he will miss most of the offseason, so how about bringing in Bryant. Hes 6-1, had 7 TDs and 1,000+ yards last year and is a 6 year vet. He somehow managed to be tossed around by teams and he was actually decent on those teams averaging around 50 catches and 800 yds and 5 TDs. Not a bad player at all.
        No but has had character issues in the past and can't see him fitting in here because of that. While I'd love to see him think we might go after a lesser guy like Michael Clayton or Drew Carter to compete for a spot but could ultimately be cut similar to TEs Courtney Anderson or Teyo Johnson last year.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Well I never heard anything out of him last year and I think hes at his prime. Hes around 26 which is where most recievers become great.
          Yeah, he behaved himself, which is why I said that sitting out the 2007 year might have made him grow up. And he'll be 28 in 2 months. Which still isn't old. But he'd be a risk, character-wise, despite his uneventful (off the field and in the lockerroom) 2008.

Comment

• circlethewagons
            • Dec 2005

I think i read somewhere tampa is going to franchise him. and with the season he put up this year its a good move

Comment

• Mitchell55
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by The Jokeman
              No but has had character issues in the past and can't see him fitting in here because of that. While I'd love to see him think we might go after a lesser guy like Michael Clayton or Drew Carter to compete for a spot but could ultimately be cut similar to TEs Courtney Anderson or Teyo Johnson last year.

Well Clayton would make the team. He has great upside and somehow never made it in TB. Id put him as a Chad Jackson type of player. Someone who had great potential, just was in the wrong system.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                • Feb 2008

Actually, what ever happened to Clayton. He started his career out with 7 TDs, 80 catches, and 1,193 yards and only 2 TDs since then.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Well Clayton would make the team. He has great upside and somehow never made it in TB. Id put him as a Chad Jackson type of player. Someone who had great potential, just was in the wrong system.
                  Time will tell and while I'd love to see him here in my gut think we'd be more apt to sign Carter. In terms of his disappearing act after his rookie year nobody knows. Yet do think QB confidence in him played a big part. Case in point James Hardy, I don't think Edwards ever fully gained his trust in him and why he struggled this year. In terms of Clayton think the addition of Joey Galloway hurt him not to mention Gruden's rotating QB mentality.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                    • Feb 2004

If TAMPA can't sign him to a long term deal the organization will FRANCHISE HIM for this year.......................
                    GO Gators!!!!!!
                    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
                      • May 2007

He would cost us big money but I would be willing to make the risk.

I hate franchise tags dammit.
                      I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

lol, he is good but not a franchise player. I mean whatever, if you have the money to spend go for it! Still a waste, imo.

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Chad Jackson? That dude was a stiff and then got injured.

Comment

• Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
                            • May 2007

Yeah but franchise tags are not really necessary designed for franchise players, it's just a keeper move.

Not that I need to explain that to people so savy like you, right?
                            I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Franchise tags have been "keeper moves" for franchise players. But word is that the Pats will franchise Cassel and the Bucs may franchise Bryant, neither of whom is close to a franchise player. And it only inflates their pricetags.

Comment

Working...
                              X