PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Holmes' contract

clumping platelets
08-30-2002, 07:20 AM
First of all, veteran players like Kenny Holmes CANNOT be claimed on waivers like a couple of posters have suggested. Only players with less than 4 yrs NFL experience can be claimed. With that being said, if the Bills were to surprise us by trading for DE Holmes as others have suggested, his contract is as follows:

2002: $600,000
2003: $3.25 million
2004: $3.35 million
2005: $3.75 million

NY Giants' would be responsible for ALL signing bonus amortization remaining, thus.......trade highly unlikely due to the increased cap hit by accelerating signing bonus into the League Year of the trade.

A more likely scenario is that Holmes is released outright thus generating cap savings for the Giants' and making him a FA free to sign with any team of his choosing.

:moon:

lordofgun
08-30-2002, 08:35 AM
Thanks Clump. I would not want to pay him over 3 mil per year after he's underperformed with the Giants.

JefftheBillsfan
08-30-2002, 09:01 AM
me neither if we want him the best option would be to hope they cut him IMO. but...do you really think he is going to do much more than Chidi? im not so sure.

JJamezz
08-30-2002, 09:59 AM
One thing is for sure, Holmes fits GW's system. The Giants tried turning him into something he's not, which is why I think his play has suffered. In GW's scheme, he'd be a speed rusher like in Tennessee, and there's no doubt he would be an upgrade for us - we'd be a good DT away from a pretty decent line I think.

That said, I'm not completely sold on the fact that the Giants will dump him, although I think if they do, Holmes will be a Bill VERY quickly.

casdhf
08-30-2002, 10:44 AM
I like our Young DE's. If we sign Holmes, who sits?? Schobel has played well this preseason. Ahanitu hasn't really played at all, so the jury's out on him. I've been inpressed with Grant Irons and Deeney has played well that last 2 games

colin
08-30-2002, 11:12 AM
IN Tenn, where GW was really on top of his game, even Kearse was sitting about 30% of the time. If we get Holmes our quick rotation will put some real big time pressure on the O line, who are all big and get no rest.

The pack, Dallas, and the Skins all have line rotations and get some good general (as opposed to the way our D used to snipe out the QB on some plays and hang back on others) pressure.

Holmes can also hustle up field and take a tough assignment on running plays. We should get him.

JefftheBillsfan
08-30-2002, 12:03 PM
we can put irons and/or denney on the practice squad so that isn't really what i am concerned with. i wonder if office is in trouble...

clumping platelets
08-30-2002, 12:29 PM
In order to place a player on PS you must first release that player......Denney would be claimed by the Texans in a heartbeat

lordofgun
08-30-2002, 01:26 PM
We should definitely not risk that. It would be utterly stupid to cut a 2nd round pick already. Besides, from what i heard last night, it sounds like he's improving.

JefftheBillsfan
08-30-2002, 01:29 PM
oh...i didn't know we had to cut him...never mind then.