PDA

View Full Version : How has this not been posted?

Mitchell55
01-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Lynch made it to the probowl. Yay!!!

<TABLE width=750 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=p_tddetails width=110>RB</TD><TD class=p_tddetails width=110>Out</TD><TD class=p_tddetails width=110>Jan 12</TD><TD class=p_tddetails width=110>ankle</TD><TD class=p_tddetails width=110>Ready for OTAs</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD class=p_tddetails width=600 colSpan=5>Latest News:
Chris Johnson will undergo an MRI Monday for what the Titans are initially calling a high ankle sprain. A severe high ankle sprain could keep him out of the Pro Bowl on February 7. Johnson was in a walking boot on Monday. The rookie was a reserve behind starter Thomas Jones for the AFC. The first alternate is Marshawn Lynch.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You would think this would be posted 20 times by now

VeggieMan14
01-13-2009, 05:55 PM
where does it say that

Mr. Pink
01-13-2009, 05:59 PM
where does it say that

I didn't find it either.

Mitchell55
01-13-2009, 06:00 PM
where does it say that

Sorry, didnt know it wasnt a direct link

<TABLE width=750 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=p_tddetails width=110>RB</TD><TD class=p_tddetails width=110>Out</TD><TD class=p_tddetails width=110>Jan 12</TD><TD class=p_tddetails width=110>ankle</TD><TD class=p_tddetails width=110>Ready for OTAs</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD class=p_tddetails width=600 colSpan=5>Latest News:
Chris Johnson will undergo an MRI Monday for what the Titans are initially calling a high ankle sprain. A severe high ankle sprain could keep him out of the Pro Bowl on February 7. Johnson was in a walking boot on Monday. The rookie was a reserve behind starter Thomas Jones for the AFC. The first alternate is Marshawn Lynch.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mitchell55
01-13-2009, 06:01 PM
I doubt with a high ankle sprain will allow Johnson to go to the probowl at all. Rememeber last year Lynch was out 3 games for this injury.

X-Era
01-13-2009, 06:04 PM
You can expect at least one person to downplay the significance.

Something like.... So a rookie made it over our RB...

Mitchell55
01-13-2009, 06:05 PM
True. ^

BlackMetalNinja
01-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Absolutely nowhere... and this is headed for spam without a legit link.

X-Era
01-13-2009, 06:06 PM
This is better:

http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=nfl&id=4743

SquishDaFish
01-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Its not definite yet. Hes going for an MRI doesnt mean he WILL be out. More likely yea

Mahdi
01-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Lynch made it to the probowl. Yay!!!

You would think this would be posted 20 times by now
Sweet... he deserves it!

DynaPaul
01-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Old news.

Bling
01-13-2009, 06:46 PM
How sad is it that a rookie made it over Lynch?

X-Era
01-13-2009, 06:51 PM
How sad is it that a rookie made it over Lynch?
Told ya.

Its about as sad as a RB who has run for over 1000 yards only once in the past 4 years making it over him.

Especially since Lynch has done it EVERY year since hes been in the NFL.

Bling
01-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Told ya.

Its about as sad as a RB who has run for over 1000 yards only once in the past 4 years making it over him.

:rofl: I did it because you said it.

Mitchell55
01-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Old news.

Bad joke.

Bling
01-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Told ya.

Now I'm sure you're not implying Marshawn Lynch is better than Ronnie Brown. Maybe equal, but at this point in their career, I'd still give Ronnie Brown the nod.

Mitchell55
01-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Now I'm sure you're not implying Marshawn Lynch is better than Ronnie Brown. Maybe equal, but at this point in their career, I'd still give Ronnie Brown the nod.

Brown gets the nod because he has played more. Lynch most likely will be better based off the fact that hes off to a better start and even now they are still about equal.

Bling
01-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Brown gets the nod because he has played more. Lynch most likely will be better based off the fact that hes off to a better start and even now they are still about equal.
Just like the Bills had the better offseason.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=157352

C'mon dude, you didn't know this is Ronnie Brown's first full season? You can't really compare their beginnings. I don't think you compare either to anything till at least next year.

X-Era
01-13-2009, 08:24 PM

Never.

Brown looked decent only because Sparano managed to actually catch the NFL clueless for a bit with the Wildcat... watch, next season, they wont pull that crap on ANYONE.

I mean that honestly. You think Brown is better, I dont. Chalk it up to what teams we root for. But seriously, the NFL got caught unprepared with the Wildcat this year. Each team had less than a week to prepare for it. Now that several teams have played copy cat, you can bet that most teams, if not all will prepare for it.

It was a novelty and I seriously think the Fins will get a rude awakening if they try to run it again next year.

Brown IMO is not now, nor will ever be the true, tough minded, plays with his heart, RB that Lynch is.

Lynch will get 1000+ every year and Brown will struggle to and most of the time wont.

Marvelous
01-13-2009, 08:25 PM
I didn't think Lynch had a pro-Bowl season. /shrugs. But that's just me... If he goes then = WOOT!

Mitchell55
01-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Just like the Bills had the better offseason.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=157352

C'mon dude, you didn't know this is Ronnie Brown's first full season? You can't really compare their beginnings. I don't think you compare either to anything till at least next year.

I meant by that that Brown has been playing long enough to adjust to the NFL and has grown to know how to pick the holes better. Lynch just started off and still hasnt 100% adjusted and it shows at times.

Mitchell55
01-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Wow, I just looked at the stats. Its a joke that Brown got in. He didnt even have 1000 yds this season, he did have 10 TDs but 5 were based from the wildcat, and he only had 50 ypg. In not even 200 carries for Jackson he already has 800 yds which is 100 yds away from Brown who is a starter and had 200+ carries.

Bling
01-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Wow, I just looked at the stats. Its a joke that Brown got in. He didnt even have 1000 yds this season, he did have 10 TDs but 5 were based from the wildcat, and he only had 50 ypg. In not even 200 carries for Jackson he already has 800 yds which is 100 yds away from Brown who is a starter and had 200+ carries.
You know what carries a lot of weight?

1-15 to 11-5.

You know what also carries a lot of weight?

Chris Johnson and Thomas Jones were the best RB in the AFC. Where was LT, Willie Parker, Joseph Addai, Lawrence Maroney? I don't think Ronnie Brown deserved it more than Slaton, but he definitely was one of the greatest reasons for the best turnover in league history.

You know what I can't stand is when people trying to take things away from people. "Well, if my team didn't fumble, we would have won." "Well if Ronnie Brown wasn't running the Wildcat, he wouldn't have had this amount of yards." "Well if Kurt Warner didn't have Boldin and Fitzgerald, he'd suck." Hello... the point is to win games. You play with the cards you're dealt, and you take advantage of them. Taking anything away from the Dolphins running the Wildcat is a loser mentality. If the Dolphins ran Jake Long at RB, Ted Ginn at QB and Will Allen at LT running the statue of liberty every single play, I wouldn't give two ****s if they were the best matchup. I don't care if you think it's not fair. You play to win the game. I wouldn't blame you guys if you used the Wildcat. It's up to us to stop it.

Mitchell55
01-13-2009, 10:08 PM
You know what carries a lot of weight?

1-15 to 11-5.

You know what also carries a lot of weight?

Chris Johnson and Thomas Jones were the best RB in the AFC. Where was LT, Willie Parker, Joseph Addai, Lawrence Maroney? I don't think Ronnie Brown deserved it more than Slaton, but he definitely was one of the greatest reasons for the best turnover in league history.

You know what I can't stand is when people trying to take things away from people. "Well, if my team didn't fumble, we would have won." "Well if Ronnie Brown wasn't running the Wildcat, he wouldn't have had this amount of yards." "Well if Kurt Warner didn't have Boldin and Fitzgerald, he'd suck." Hello... the point is to win games. You play with the cards you're dealt, and you take advantage of them. Taking anything away from the Dolphins running the Wildcat is a loser mentality. If the Dolphins ran Jake Long at RB, Ted Ginn at QB and Will Allen at LT running the statue of liberty every single play, I wouldn't give two ****s if they were the best matchup. I don't care if you think it's not fair. You play to win the game. I wouldn't blame you guys if you used the Wildcat. It's up to us to stop it.

Ok, now calm down. All I was saying is he did nothing outside the wildcat. Look at the stats, after the 4th or 5th game he stalled out.

CuseJetsFan83
01-13-2009, 10:30 PM
stats mean nothing its

A> popularity contest

b> standings mean everything...... hell the jets were the "big winners" because of that 8-3 record at the time...... so that just goes to show ya, the pro bowl is a useless indicator.

hell, most of the players won't end up playing, especially for those on the teams that make the super bowl

SeatownBillsFan21
01-14-2009, 12:55 AM
Still Im glad he got mentioned at all he ran hard this year him and Freddy both

jimbohastle51
01-14-2009, 01:51 AM
well IF lynch gets to go at least it will make the game alittle more enjoyable. i think stroud is the first alternate for DT which could mean he MAY get to play since haynesworth has been injured and kris jenkins may not want to go after how the jets season ended.

tat2dmike77
01-14-2009, 03:12 AM
stats mean nothing its

A> popularity contest

Just look at the NHL all star game. All of these "all star" games are jokes and simply a waste of time. The only legit game is the Senior Bowl no popularity contest there.

X-Era
01-14-2009, 05:53 AM
Still Im glad he got mentioned at all he ran hard this year him and Freddy both

He gets the nod because of his style of running. I have several non-Bills fans come up to me and tell me how much they love watching him run. I think everyone can see the heart that he puts into every play... and fans love it. Whether its guys like Polamalu, or Ray Lewis, I think football fans appreiate guys who have that fire in their belly. Thats supposed to be what football is all about. And Lynch plays that way. Thats why hes as recognized as he is.

TacklingDummy
01-14-2009, 07:31 AM
If Fred Jackson was the starter all year he would have been named to the Pro-bowl and wouldn't have to rely on someone getting injuried to get in.

Jan Reimers
01-14-2009, 07:50 AM
The Pro Bowl is a complete joke, from the players selected (Jason Peters, for pete's sake) to the complete lack of interest in playing it, as demonstrated by the participants who barely go through the motions.

I refuse to watch it anymore.

Mr. Miyagi
01-14-2009, 08:07 AM
If this is true you'd think Chris Brown would be all over it.

Mad Bomber
01-14-2009, 01:08 PM
The Pro Bowl is a complete joke, from the players selected (Jason Peters, for pete's sake) to the complete lack of interest in playing it, as demonstrated by the participants who barely go through the motions.

I refuse to watch it anymore.
Exactly.

It's all about popularity/name recognition. It's the only reason Peters made it this year, just like it was the only reason Ruben Brown made it year after year, even when his performance was clearly not Pro Bowl caliber.

Mitchell55
01-14-2009, 01:48 PM
If this is true you'd think Chris Brown would be all over it.

How would you say its fake.

Mr. Pink
01-14-2009, 04:54 PM
:rofl:

Lynch is the 3rd best starting RB in the division....and may not even be the best RB on his own team.

I'd take Ronnie Brown or Thomas Jones over him without batting an eyelash. Both of them have some game breaking ability. Marshawn while he fights for every yard, seeks out contact and lacks that game breaking ability.