PDA

View Full Version : ...just throwing this out there....

lukabrossi
01-14-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm just throwing this out there.....
How would you guys feel about having Bobby April as the Bills head coach? I for one, like the guy and his work ethics and would like to see him in place, long before i would have ever picked Jauron......especially for a contract extension.

Let me know what you think.....ya know, if enough people made enough noise and voiced their concerns and opinions, i'm sure that Ralph would have to listen to the fans sooner or later. I'm pretty sure there's enough people out there who are calling for Jauron's head.....the sqeaky wheel gets the grease, my friends.
I have spoken.

justasportsfan
01-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Not sure if he's HC material.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Not.

ddaryl
01-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Theee is another thread with lots of discussion about this here

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=168653

many feel that April will replace Dick after next seaosn or maybe even mid season

lukabrossi
01-14-2009, 10:05 AM
....sorry....my bad.

bigbub2352
01-14-2009, 10:28 AM
i said it in that thread and i say it in this thread it will be better than skeletor

Typ0
01-14-2009, 10:36 AM
any guy without proven success as a head coach is a mistake at this point.

Crazygoo
01-14-2009, 11:01 AM

Agreed

lukabrossi
01-14-2009, 11:02 AM
....good point.

patmoran2006
01-14-2009, 12:00 PM
April will be the head coach before next season is over.

He got consideration for being head coach a few weeks ago.

Typ0
01-14-2009, 12:09 PM
He got consideration for being head coach a few weeks ago.

by who?

lukabrossi
01-14-2009, 12:09 PM
April would be my pick.

Bill Cody
01-14-2009, 01:04 PM
I would be happy with that choice. ST's coaches actually coach almost the whole team, unlike coordinators. And they have to be motivators. Harbaugh of Baltimore went from being a ST's coach direct to HC. And I like the idea of promoting from within, it breeds loyalty and continuity.

But as I've said repeatedly without a significant upgrade in talent it doesn't matter who the coach is, we ain't winning.

Philagape
01-14-2009, 01:06 PM

Like the current coach.

Typ0
01-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Like the current coach.

not really no. DJ has never proven success. He proved he can at least put together a winning season but that could easily be a fluke. Mostly, he's yet to prove anything. I'm talking proven. A guy who has strung together multiple successful seasons.

ddaryl
01-14-2009, 02:32 PM
not really no. DJ has never proven success. He proved he can at least put together a winning season but that could easily be a fluke. Mostly, he's yet to prove anything. I'm talking proven. A guy who has strung together multiple successful seasons.

you mean the kinda coach that has had lots of success, been through a downturn / rebuild and resumed same success shortly afterwards... and happens to be available and looking for a new job.

that kinda coach

Philagape
01-14-2009, 03:23 PM

That's what I was saying, Dick is without proven success.

Pinkerton Security
01-14-2009, 03:26 PM
you mean the kinda coach that has had lots of success, been through a downturn / rebuild and resumed same success shortly afterwards... and happens to be available and looking for a new job.

that kinda coach

sorry could you be a little more specific?

Bravo82
01-15-2009, 06:23 AM
No.

Bobby April is like the chick that has been your best friend since elementary school. You can keep her in the best friend role for life (lifetime special teams coordinator) or you can risk a relationship (head coaching job). But if that doesnt work out, you lose April altogether. It's tempting, but not worth the risk.

lukabrossi
01-15-2009, 06:25 AM
No.

Bobby April is like the chick that has been your best friend since elementary school. You can keep her in the best friend role for life (lifetime special teams coordinator) or you can risk a relationship (head coaching job). But if that doesnt work out, you lose April altogether. Not worth the risk.

very good analogy, my friend......and i can't argue with that.

Jeff1220
01-15-2009, 06:27 AM
I like that analogy. April would be a huge gamble, but considering this organization's refusal to spend top $$ at the HC position, he's probably going to be the best option.