PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Braylon Edwards

Yasgur's Farm
01-14-2009, 11:48 AM
http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=113984

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Could you post what it is for those of us not dumb enough to go to bb.com.

Yasgur's Farm
01-14-2009, 11:51 AM
It's not very substantial...
I was in class and my cousin txt me to inform me that on ESPN today it flashed that the Bills are trying to persue Braylon Edwards extremely hard?

no idea what we could offer the Browns to get him but wouldnt that be sweet

patmoran2006
01-14-2009, 11:59 AM
makes zero sense to me.

bigbub2352
01-14-2009, 12:00 PM
no way, he is amking like evans money i would be shocked if this went down SHOCKED

justasportsfan
01-14-2009, 12:01 PM
is he a great blocker?

Mr. Pink
01-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Nothing on the Browns website about the Browns shopping Braylon...

And nothing on their main message board about shopping him either.

TacklingDummy
01-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Lynch for Edwards.

justasportsfan
01-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Lynch for Edwards.
and then Jackson gets injured and then you'll say we have no talent . :shakeno:

TacklingDummy
01-14-2009, 12:08 PM
and then Jackson gets injured and then you'll say we have no talent . :shakeno:

Injuries do not concern me.
If there is anyone with an injury issue it is Lynch. How many games has he missed the past 2 years due to injury?

justasportsfan
01-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Injuries do not concern me.
If there is anyone with an injury issue it is Lynch. How many games has he missed the past 2 years due to injury?
Trade all our proven starters and screw depth. Keep our coaches that went 7-9 for 3 consecutive years and 0-6 in the division.Great idea.

mysticsoto
01-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Isn't Edwards known for dropping balls? Just what we need when the cold winds in Buffalo start swirling...a butterfingered WR...

TacklingDummy
01-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Trade all our proven starters and screw depth. Great idea.

Jackson should be starter. Trading Lynch for value improves the team. For people that ***** so much on here there isn't many people who have an opinion on how to improve the Bills.

TacklingDummy
01-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Trade all our proven starters and screw depth. Keep our coaches that went 7-9 for 3 consecutive years and 0-6 in the division.Great idea.

That seems to be what you want. I on the other hand want to improve the team.

Dr. Lecter
01-14-2009, 12:12 PM
So you want to trade Lynch and Peters??????

My God.

Mr. Pink
01-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Isn't Edwards known for dropping balls? Just what we need when the cold winds in Buffalo start swirling...a butterfingered WR...

He does have that problem..makes spectacular catches look routine and then has all sorts of issues with the routine catches.

It seems to be that he is overthinking the routine plays instead of just reacting.

His other problem is he tries to catch the ball with his body instead of extending his hands. So a bunch of his drops are because the ball hits his body and then hits the ground.

Dr. Lecter
01-14-2009, 12:13 PM
That seems to be what you want. I on the other hand want to improve the team.

By trading Peters for Johnson and a 2nd?

And/or Lynch for Edwards????

Both moves make the teams quite a bit worse.

Mr. Pink
01-14-2009, 12:14 PM

You'd have a hell of an offense with that many weapons in the passing game.

Problem is I don't know how you'd keep all those egos happy with getting them their touches.

TacklingDummy
01-14-2009, 12:15 PM
So you want to trade Lynch and Peters??????

My God.

Been saying it for months about Lynch, where you been?

One of the trades I'd except would be...

Peters to Cinci for CJ and 2nd round pick.
Lynch to Tampa for the 19th pick.

The Bills could do alot of good in this draft having the 11th, 19th, 38th, and 42nd pick. We could be set for years to come with a great draft.

Dr. Lecter
01-14-2009, 12:15 PM

Problem is I don't know how you'd keep all those egos happy with getting them their touches.

The O-line would kinda suck too. And the running game would have problems in November/December.

justasportsfan
01-14-2009, 12:16 PM
That seems to be what you want..NOt

I on the other hand want to improve the team.

by keeping the same coaches and trading our proven players for head cases like Ocho Cinco? thats not improving the team. Thats ruinning it. Lets bring in a proven LT for a proven locker rrom cancer. Great idea.

You say you want continuity in coaching yet you want to trade Peters for Ocho Cinco. Funny

TacklingDummy
01-14-2009, 12:16 PM

i wouldn't trade for both CJ and BE. It be one or the other.

Dr. Lecter
01-14-2009, 12:17 PM

The Bills could do alot of good in this draft having the 11th, 19th, 38th, and 42nd pick. We could be set for years to come with a great draft.

Good, then they can draft a RB and a LT with those picks as they create new needs.

So they would be back to square one, except not having a proven starting RB or a proven starting LT.

Great idea!

justasportsfan
01-14-2009, 12:18 PM

.not if your qb is getting blindsided because we traded our LT away.

TacklingDummy
01-14-2009, 12:19 PM
by keeping the same coaches and trading our proven players for head cases like Ocho Cinco? thats not improving the team. Thats ruinning it. Lets bring in a proven LT for a proven locker rrom cancer. Great idea.

You say you want continuity in coaching yet you want to trade Peters for Ocho Cinco. Funny

One head case for another.

It's not just CJ, its the Bengals second round pick that could turn into Pettigrew which would solve the Bills TE and WR positions.

Evans, Johnson, Reed, Pettigrew, Jackson>>>>>>>>Evans, Reed, Royal, Lynch

Mr. Pink
01-14-2009, 12:19 PM
The O-line would kinda suck too. And the running game would have problems in November/December.

I don't necessarily believe that fully.

I do agree the line wouldn't be as good on "paper"

But the whole run game being weak in Dec? We saw what Jackson could do when he was shown as the feature back. I don't think the running game would suck.

To me Lynch and Jackson are about equal with different skills brought to the table.

Depends on what type of back you prefer...a shifty guy who fights for yards or a downhill runner who seeks contact and fights for yards.

TacklingDummy
01-14-2009, 12:20 PM
So they would be back to square one, except not having a proven starting RB or a proven starting LT.

Chambers/Walker did well enough in Peters absence.
Jackson is already proven he is the better overall back. I don;t see where you are trying to go there.

Mr. Pink
01-14-2009, 12:20 PM
not if your qb is getting blindsided because we traded our LT away.

Was Trent getting blindsided any more or less when Peters wasn't in the lineup though?

I do agree on paper Peters is vastly superior however on the field it didn't look much different.

And no this isn't advocating trade Peters let Chambers start.

TacklingDummy
01-14-2009, 12:21 PM
not if your qb is getting blindsided because we traded our LT away.

Yeah because Trent was killed when Peters was out. :crazy:

TacklingDummy
01-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Was Trent getting blindsided any more or less when Peters wasn't in the lineup though?

Only to the people who love being 7-9 and have no ideas how to improve this team.

justasportsfan
01-14-2009, 12:23 PM
One head case for another..:rofl: this is absurd. Two different siuations. One is asking for a raise, the other likes throwing his teammates under the bus especially when he doesn't get the ball.

It's not just CJ, its the Bengals second round pick that could turn into Pettigrew which would solve the Bills TE and WR positions

Evans, Johnson, Reed, Pettigrew, Jackson>>>>>>>>Evans, Reed, Royal, Lynch

Whos gonna throw to them, Hamdan? Rookie? Trent can't even stay healthy with a proven LT and yet you want to trade his LT away.

Ocho Cinco will ***** that he has to help block.

Mr. Miyagi
01-14-2009, 12:23 PM
I was in class and my cousin txt me to inform me that on ESPN today it flashed that the Bills are trying to persue Braylon Edwards extremely hard?
It depends if his cousin is rich and a junior journalist.

Dr. Lecter
01-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Chambers/Walker did well enough in Peters absence.
Jackson is already proven he is the better overall back. I don;t see where you are trying to go there.

Jackson is a nice back for sure. Better? Meh.

And besides, who becomes the #2 back in your little scenario?

And what about the ripple effect of trading Peters and what it says to the players on the team?

Mr. Miyagi
01-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Plus it would be tampering if we "pursued him extremely hard" prior to free agnecy.

:bs:

justasportsfan
01-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Was Trent getting blindsided any more or less when Peters wasn't in the lineup though?.

I do agree on paper Peters is vastly superior however on the field it didn't look much different.. because Chambers was in there 3 times with 2 of them vs. weak D's. According to TD Seahawks, Broncos . We lost vs. the PAts.

And no this isn't advocating trade Peters let Chambers start.but thats what TD is advocating.

Some of you haven't learned after the PAt Williams mistake.

Mr. Pink
01-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Only to the people who love being 7-9 and have no ideas how to improve this team.

People don't seem to understand the whole you need to trade away quality to get quality.

They seem to think we can trade bums like Kelsay and get something to improve the team.

If you have a disgruntled me me player who can be replaced by a, yes, little bit off a dropoff at the position and vastly improve another area...it's not always a bad thing. Especially if said player decides he wants to get a new contract every single year.

If you can trade from a position of strength, ie RB, and vastly improve somewhere else, it's definitely a good thing. Having two backs who can contribute is great, if the rest of your team doesn't resemble swiss cheese. You don't need a two back system in this league to succeed.

I'm curious as to if people would be more receptive to the idea of trading Fred Jackson instead of Lynch.

justasportsfan
01-14-2009, 12:27 PM

he's happy with Oman.

Mr. Pink
01-14-2009, 12:29 PM
because Chambers was in there 3 times with 2 of them vs. weak D's. According to TD Seahawks, Broncos . We lost vs. the PAts.
but thats what TD is advocating.

Some of you haven't learned after the PAt Williams mistake.

If Peters was to be traded, then you have to draft a tackle on day 1 or go out and sign a Mark Tauscher via FA.

Kirk Chambers is outright garbage...i've had the displeasure of watching his entire career now...much like that outright garbage C we have that is likely done here this offseason in Fowler.

I think at the time of Fowler being signed I was the only one *****in about how bad of a signing it was.

justasportsfan
People don't seem to understand the whole you need to trade away quality to get quality.

yeah I trust the staff that went 7-9 in 3 seasons to make the decisions. Not.

"Hey Leonard sucks, cut him Wilson is better. ".after 3 losing season "we need to get better at this and that".... :rofl:

Dr. Lecter

They seem to think we can trade bums like Kelsay and get something to improve the team.

If you have a disgruntled me me player who can be replaced by a, yes, little bit off a dropoff at the position and vastly improve another area...it's not always a bad thing. Especially if said player decides he wants to get a new contract every single year.

If you can trade from a position of strength, ie RB, and vastly improve somewhere else, it's definitely a good thing. Having two backs who can contribute is great, if the rest of your team doesn't resemble swiss cheese. You don't need a two back system in this league to succeed.

I'm curious as to if people would be more receptive to the idea of trading Fred Jackson instead of Lynch.

Of course you need to trade quality to get quality. Nobody is saying otherwise. What people are saying is that trading the best player on the team, at perhaps the most critical position on the team is foolish.

As for trading Jackson, he is older and not signed long term.

justasportsfan
01-14-2009, 12:31 PM
If Peters was to be traded, then you have to draft a tackle on day 1 or go out and sign a Mark Tauscher via FA..
you talk like thats easily done and in the basket.

Kirk Chambers is outright garbage...i've had the displeasure of watching his entire career now...much like that outright garbage C we have that is likely done here this offseason in Fowler..
then you have to tell TD that.

I think at the time of Fowler being signed I was the only one *****in about how bad of a signing it was.
Guess who decided to keep Fowler all these years? This coaching staff.

Mr. Pink
01-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Of course you need to trade quality to get quality. Nobody is saying otherwise. What people are saying is that trading the best player on the team, at perhaps the most critical position on the team is foolish.

As for trading Jackson, he is older and not signed long term.

He'll obviously be here for the next two years...barring trade.

As an ERFA, he's not going anywhere next season unless traded.

And next offseason as an RFA, if you tender him at the highest level, he's also likely not going anywhere unless traded.

So you have two seasons of basically having his "rights" to be able to trade him.

Is he ok to trade?

I mean afterall, if we trade Jackson we don't have a backup either.

I'm a firm believer that one of the two should be traded, if you can get value in return. This team has too many holes to have the luxury right now of having two quality NFL backs. And, we've seen you don't need 2 backs to run an effective NFL offense.

justasportsfan
01-14-2009, 12:34 PM

And next offseason as an RFA, if you tender him at the highest level, he's also likely not going anywhere unless traded.

So you have two seasons of basically having his "rights" to be able to trade him.

Is he ok to trade?

I'm a firm believer that one of the two should be traded, if you can get value in return. This team has too many holes to have the luxury right now of having two quality NFL backs. And, we've seen you don't need 2 backs to run an effective NFL offense.

Keep both rb's.

Mitchell55
01-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Edwards and 4th for Peters, maybe? There is no way we give up a 1st.

justasportsfan
01-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Edwards and 4th for Peters, maybe? There is no way we give up a 1st.

mmmkay TD Jr.

TacklingDummy
01-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Whos gonna throw to them, Hamdan? Rookie? Trent can't even stay healthy with a proven LT and yet you want to trade his LT away.

Funny when you say Trent can't stay healthy when Peters also can't stay healthy.

justasportsfan
01-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Funny when you say Trent can't stay healthy when Peters also can't stay healthy.

or Chambers ( FTY says he's garbage go argue with him).

This is why you don't trade away your proven players and make unproven players start. In your scenario we're crap out of luck if that unproven player goes down. We'll have zero depth.

Mr. Pink
01-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Keep both rb's.

Like I said, unfortunately, I don't think we have that luxury in keeping both.

Especially if we can shore up another area of this team.

Like DE, LB, WR, TE for example.

TacklingDummy
01-14-2009, 12:42 PM
or Chambers ( FTY says he's garbage go argue with him).

This is why you don't trade away your proven players and make unproven players start. In your scenario we're crap out of luck if that unproven player goes down. We'll have zero depth.

If I recall correctly Walker was moved to LT, Chambers would be replacing Walker at RT. And the drop off in line play was not very much at all in Peters absence.

Depth can be signed in Free Agency. Im tired of having depth.

TacklingDummy
01-14-2009, 12:43 PM

Like DE, LB, WR, TE for example.

The trades I'd make would improve all those areas and not hurt the Bills all that much.

Some people rather go 7-9 though. How Pittsbrugh, Baltimore, Arizona, and Phila. ever made it this far in the playoff without Jason Peters is a mystery to me.

justasportsfan
01-14-2009, 12:46 PM
If I recall correctly Walker was moved to LT, Chambers would be replacing Walker at RT. And the drop off in line play was not very much at all in Peters absence..thanks to Mikey. That wasn't you original plan.

Depth can be signed in Free Agency. Im tired of having depth.
you didn't like our qb situation with JP as back up yet you want the same thing to happen in the OL.
If either Walker or Chambers goes down, we're screwed. It's not like Chambers is proven to begin with. Walker had his issues at RT as Peters had at LT. You boviously forgot that When Walker was at LT we played crappy/injured D's.

We can't even protect our qb well with Peters and Walker vs. 3-4 defenses in the AFCE and yet you want to put Chambers in the mix as a starter. Are you a pats or finfan?

justasportsfan
01-14-2009, 12:49 PM
The trades I'd make would improve all those areas and not hurt the Bills all that much.. :rofl: Peters/Walker vs. Walker/Chambers?

You say we have no talent and yet you think Chambers is the answer. :snicker:

Some people rather go 7-9 though. How Pittsbrugh, Baltimore, Arizona, and Phila. ever made it this far in the playoff without Jason Peters is a mystery to me.. they have better coaches.

justasportsfan
01-14-2009, 12:53 PM

Like DE, LB, WR, TE for example. this coaching staff created those holes by retaining Kelsay, Ellison, Schouman,drafting (Fines) . Your beef is with the coaches who you say isn't the problem.

Mad Bomber
01-14-2009, 12:59 PM
This year he did. I believe he led the league in drops.

The reason I know that he dropped lots of passes is that he was on my fantasy team. :ill:

I benched him toward the end of the year.

No thanks to this guy.

Coach Sal
01-14-2009, 01:10 PM
I don't believe this for one second.

1. It's not the Bills M.O.
2. If ESPN had this "flash" anywhere, it would also be reported by them somewhere.

Although this is almost certainly BS, there is a chance Braylon could be playing somewhere else next season. From Rotoworld:

Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer believes that the Browns may have to choose between keeping Braylon Edwards or Kellen Winslow in 2009.
Edwards and Winslow's outspokenness will not mesh with coach Eric Mangini's disciplinary style and both receivers are in search of raises. Edwards is the more valuable player, but will likely cost more than Winslow. Still, it shouldn't be surprising if both are on the trade block this offseason.

Bill Cody
01-14-2009, 01:13 PM
this coaching staff created those holes by retaining Kelsay, Ellison, Schouman,drafting (Fines) . Your beef is with the coaches who you say isn't the problem.

What are the coaches supposed to do? SOMEBODY has to line up at these spots. If those guys you listed weren't kept who would be playing instead? Cardboard cutouts? If the GM doesn't draft/sign better players the coaches have to go with what they've got. It's not like teams let their elite DE's leave via free agency often. You've got to draft pressure players and then keep them. We need a real GM.

clumping platelets
01-14-2009, 01:14 PM
:popcorn:

Yasgur's Farm
01-14-2009, 01:18 PM
This year he did. I believe he led the league in drops.

The reason I know that he dropped lots of passes is that he was on my fantasy team. :ill:

I benched him toward the end of the year.

No thanks to this guy.16 drops to be exact.
http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league/passesdropped.html

justasportsfan
01-14-2009, 01:20 PM
What are the coaches supposed to do? SOMEBODY has to line up at these spots. If those guys you listed weren't kept who would be playing instead? Cardboard cutouts? If the GM doesn't draft/sign better players the coaches have to go with what they've got. It's not like teams let their elite DE's leave via free agency often. You've got to draft pressure players and then keep them. We need a real GM.

Dick had MArv's backing. Don't tell me Dick had no input on the players. You can't tell me that the GM would give Kelsay all that money if Dick didn't want him.

Check out the archives, Dick loves those plaeyrs.

Mitchell55
01-14-2009, 01:43 PM
mmmkay TD Jr.

Id rather him gone than Lynch.

Night Train
01-14-2009, 01:54 PM

Dead on. I'd NEVER want him. Ugh.

DrGraves
01-14-2009, 02:23 PM
whoever was talking about keeping egos in check with two big WR's.... lets remember that evans doesn't get any touches to begin with. we throw to him only a few times a game.

ddaryl
01-14-2009, 02:31 PM
I cna't believe this thread is on page 3 already...

should've been shot down after the 3rd reply...

TacklingDummy
01-14-2009, 02:39 PM

Justa thinks good coaching can fart out guys like Manning, Young, Kelly, Taylor, etc...

colin
01-14-2009, 03:01 PM
i'll keep peters if he is a good boy, but i doubt he will be.

i'd be happy to switch peters for braylon and a pick, or winslow and picks.

as long as we get some new blood on the line, we'd have a good enough line, plus two kick ass backs and two star receiving threats. we ran the ball well without lynch and peters, with both backs and someone else being a big body target we would really rip opposing Ds.

that, some kind of interior blocking help, a pass rusher and a line backer, and we a much much better team right off the bat.

X-Era
01-14-2009, 03:32 PM
The trades I'd make would improve all those areas and not hurt the Bills all that much.

Some people rather go 7-9 though. How Pittsbrugh, Baltimore, Arizona, and Phila. ever made it this far in the playoff without Jason Peters is a mystery to me.
Hmmm, yeah... how did they do that:

Pittsburgh- Max Starks... > Kirk Chambers, probably slightly < Jason Peters
Baltimore- Jared Gaither... > Kirk Chambers, < Jason Peters
Arizona- Mike Gandy... > Kirk Chambers, < Jason Peters
Philadelphia- Tra Thomas... > Kirk Chambers, probably = Jason Peters

BTW, should we expect another 3 or so seasons of relentless thread hijacks from you until Lynch and Peters are no longer a part of the team?

Cant we simply stick to the topic? Which was Braylon Edwards?

Mr. Pink
01-14-2009, 03:59 PM
this coaching staff created those holes by retaining Kelsay, Ellison, Schouman,drafting (Fines) . Your beef is with the coaches who you say isn't the problem.

That's the front office who decided to resign them...not the coaches.

Sure the coaches suggest people to retain, but ultimately it lays on the people in charge if they're going to or not.

Coaches don't negotiate contracts.

TacklingDummy
01-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Hmmm, yeah... how did they do that:

Pittsburgh- Max Starks... > Kirk Chambers, probably slightly < Jason Peters
Baltimore- Jared Gaither... > Kirk Chambers, < Jason Peters

How did they make the playoffs without Jason Peters?

PECKERWOOD
01-14-2009, 05:54 PM
How could anybody say that Braylon Edwards wouldn't make this team better? I would like to see what we are offering first tho..

DynaPaul
01-14-2009, 05:58 PM
If there's one position that we need to pursue a bonafide playmaker "extremely hard" it's gotta be on the D line. We don't really need ANOTHER wide receiver.

Jeff1220
01-14-2009, 08:44 PM
No way this team is going after BE. The company line reporter Chris Brown himself just posted about how the Bills might be looking at someone like Amani Toomer in FA because he'd be a realistic stop gap until Hardy gets healthy and up to speed w/the pro game. Explains that they aren't going to pay Lee Evans money to another WR.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/01/14/toomer-for-a-year/

SeatownBillsFan21
01-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Lynch for the 19th pick is the dumbest thing Ive ever read that you have wrote...

thenry20
01-15-2009, 12:49 AM
It would make alot more sense to go after Winslow.

Lexwhat
01-15-2009, 02:31 AM
...Chris Brown himself just posted about how the Bills might be looking at someone like Amani Toomer in FA because he'd be a realistic stop gap until Hardy gets healthy and up to speed w/the pro game...

Nice find. A stopgap is exactly what we should've gotten LAST year!

I still don't understand why we couldn't sign Bryant Johnson to a 1-2 year contract last offseason. IMO, he would have done just fine here as a #2 WR, considering that Hardy was too raw and Josh Reed is best suited for the Slot.

Lexwhat
01-15-2009, 02:35 AM
According to Chris Brown:

Amani Toomer might not be a terrible stop gap option for 2009.

I know he’ll be 35 when next season starts, but he’s a reliable veteran wideout that’s 6′3″ and can still make plays in the red zone. He would mesh well with the character players in the locker room and would be a player that opposing defenses would have to respect inside the 20-yard line.

----------------------------------------

:rolleyes:

X-Era
01-15-2009, 05:58 AM
Nice find. A stopgap is exactly what we should've gotten LAST year!

I still don't understand why we couldn't sign Bryant Johnson to a 1-2 year contract last offseason. IMO, he would have done just fine here as a #2 WR, considering that Hardy was too raw and Josh Reed is best suited for the Slot.

Havent researched it, but Ive Johnsons name mentioned as a UFA again. MUst be a 1 year deal last year.

Jeff1220
01-15-2009, 06:29 AM
Havent researched it, but Ive Johnsons name mentioned as a UFA again. MUst be a 1 year deal last year.

Yeah, the 9ers only signed him for one year - that was the sticking point, I think with signing w/Buffalo. He wasn't going to get the money he wanted anywhere, so he wanted an "audition" year. Buffalo wanted, I think, a two year deal. How did the audition go, anyway?

DraftBoy
01-15-2009, 07:21 AM

Is he ok to trade?

How many playoffs team this year did not have two good NFL quality backs?

NFC:
Philly-Westbrook
Carolina-Stewart, and Williams
Giants-Bradshaw, Ward, and Jacobs
Atlanta-Turner and Norwood
Minnesota-Taylor and Peterson
Arizona-Hightower and James

AFC:
Miami-Brown and Williams
Ravens-McClain
Steelers-Parker (injuries though derailed three different #2 backs for them)
Chargers-LT and Sproles
Titans-White and Johnson
Colts-Addai

So three out of 12 teams had two good NFL quality backs for their teams, I dont know that having two backs is as much as luxury as it was years ago now. The NFL is changing to a two back system now more than ever.

Dr. Lecter
01-15-2009, 07:28 AM
I would say Buckhaulter is a good back-up and provided Philly with some key play as well.

THATHURMANATOR
01-15-2009, 07:29 AM
i'll keep peters if he is a good boy, but i doubt he will be.

i'd be happy to switch peters for braylon and a pick, or winslow and picks.

as long as we get some new blood on the line, we'd have a good enough line, plus two kick ass backs and two star receiving threats. we ran the ball well without lynch and peters, with both backs and someone else being a big body target we would really rip opposing Ds.

that, some kind of interior blocking help, a pass rusher and a line backer, and we a much much better team right off the bat.
Never trade A great O lineman for a WR in my book.

Jeff1220
01-15-2009, 07:30 AM

NFC:
Philly-Westbrook

AFC:
Miami-Brown and Williams
Ravens-McClain
Chargers-LT and Sproles
Titans-White and Johnson
Colts-Addai

So three out of 12 teams had two good NFL quality backs for their teams, I dont know that having two backs is as much as luxury as it was years ago now. The NFL is changing to a two back system now more than ever.

Even the three you list do have other decent to very good backs:
Philly has Buckhalter, who is pretty good when he's been healthy.
Baltimore also has Rice and McGahee.
Indy has Addai and Rhodes.

DraftBoy
01-15-2009, 07:33 AM
I would say Buckhaulter is a good back-up and provided Philly with some key play as well.

Yea but they don't really run the ball effectively/consistently enough to really apply to the argument unfortunately.

DraftBoy
01-15-2009, 07:34 AM
Even the three you list do have other decent to very good backs:
Philly has Buckhalter, who is pretty good when he's been healthy.
Baltimore also has Rice and McGahee.
Indy has Addai and Rhodes.

This is true but none of those teams have either been able to use their backups effectively/consistently either due to injuries (Baltimore), or just dont use their RB's in the same way (Indy and Philly).

justasportsfan
01-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Justa thinks good coaching can fart out guys like Manning, Young, Kelly, Taylor, etc...
UH, the pats are able to fart them out. HAve you been paying attention? I've also admitted several times that talent goes hand in hand with coaching. You're the one who seems to think it isn't.

A dumb coach would force Steve Young or your beloved Flutie to stay in the pocket.Why do you think Flutie succeeded? Because he told the OC to go fly a kite. A dumb coach would alsodesign plays for Manning to scramble for 20 yards.

Marvelous
01-15-2009, 05:24 PM
We need.NO,,,better yet, Trent needs TJ Houshmanzadeh. He is a clutch, possession WR & That's pretty much what Josh Reed is, except TJ is a home run..
---If the staff sticks with Trent then they better fix this anti-Lee Evans QBing.
---Wonder what the real scoup is with Trent & Lee Evans is. & What's with Trent blowing the play calling..Trents on my poop list. His attitude of everythings under control is annoying...

PECKERWOOD
01-15-2009, 05:50 PM
I would trade a 2nd round pick and Roscoe Parrish to Cleveland to make this deal happen. Braylon Edwards is used to crappy conditions and would be the ideal #2 target to Lee Evans. We would have an elite WR group. Buffalo would be a GREAT place to play QB if we landed Edwards. Extend Peters and our offense is set for the next 5 years.

User Manuel
01-16-2009, 07:44 AM
I would take Braylon Edwards in a heartbeat

T-Long
01-16-2009, 09:03 AM
did anyone ever post what it said? I dont have an account at bb.com

Tatonka
01-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Jackson is a nice back for sure. Better? Meh.

And what about the ripple effect of trading Peters and what it says to the players on the team?

maybe omon.. maybe a draft pick? it is not like drafting a running back is hard and takes them long to contribute.

Tatonka
01-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Phillly had Buckhalter as well

Ravens had Mcgahee as well

Colts has Rhoades as well.

all of the teams had solid #2s.

NFC:
Philly-Westbrook

AFC:
Miami-Brown and Williams
Ravens-McClain
Chargers-LT and Sproles
Titans-White and Johnson
Colts-Addai

Bert102176
01-17-2009, 10:52 AM
tradeing lynch would be idiotic in todays game you need 2 good rb's not 1 on the other hand I say peters for A. Boldin WR Arizona

tat2dmike77
01-17-2009, 11:06 AM

This team has proven stars??????

Bert102176
01-17-2009, 11:39 AM
we could have evans and boldin with j. hardy/ s. johnson as the 3rd don't like parrish as a wr

DraftBoy
01-17-2009, 01:19 PM

They have one, Jason Peters.

justasportsfan
01-17-2009, 06:47 PM
2 Jason Peters and Lynch. Lynch gained over 1000 and in the prcoess I think he broke the NFL records for most yards from scrimmage with 5 players in his back because teams knew when we were running or passing.

Barb
01-18-2009, 04:00 AM

dream on

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Why would we want to trade Lynch for the 19th pick?

Bert102176
01-21-2009, 10:07 AM
it would be so stupid to trade Lynch