PDA

View Full Version : Are the Bills really invested in Trent Edwards

JetSet24
01-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Say Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez declare.

IMO there will be 3 first round QB picks if that happens. Say Bradford unexpectedly falls to the Bills.

Bradford IMO would be perfect for Buffalo. He throws a lot of those low tight spirals, that can cut through the wind.

Do the Bills.

A- Say FU to Trent Edwards, and draft Bradford

B- Trade the pick to Gruden in Tampa Bay

C- Choose not to disturb the apathy, and make a safer pick.

The Jets made a mistake by sticking with Chad Pennington too long. Will the Bills make that same mistake with Edwards?

Do the Bills still look at Edwards as a 3rd round pick? If that's the case, can you really allow a 3rd round pick to set your franchise back years?

Bill Cody
01-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Defense defense defense lather rinse repeat

lukabrossi
01-14-2009, 02:49 PM
dump Edwards NOW.

madness
01-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Bradford is staying (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3832957).

Pinkerton Security
01-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Bradford is staying (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3832957).

and sanchez is no better than edwards.

Pinkerton Security
01-14-2009, 03:12 PM
dump Edwards NOW.

CUT HIM NOW!!! ArRRRRGHHH!! RABBLE RABBLE!

acehole
01-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Considering we drafted Trent to improve the position from 7-9 JP had ....we are about ready. This is where we drafted Trent in JP's career...so if we follow the past yes...it is time to draft a qb.

Bradford is a better fit for buffalo then trent is...but this means starting over,....again.

Say Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez declare.

IMO there will be 3 first round QB picks if that happens. Say Bradford unexpectedly falls to the Bills.

Bradford IMO would be perfect for Buffalo. He throws a lot of those low tight spirals, that can cut through the wind.

Do the Bills.

A- Say FU to Trent Edwards, and draft Bradford

B- Trade the pick to Gruden in Tampa Bay

C- Choose not to disturb the apathy, and make a safer pick.

The Jets made a mistake by sticking with Chad Pennington too long. Will the Bills make that same mistake with Edwards?

Do the Bills still look at Edwards as a 3rd round pick? If that's the case, can you really allow a 3rd round pick to set your franchise back years?

tampabay25690
01-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Defense defense defense lather rinse repeat
I like that u are so right.

DEFENSE, DEFENSE, and DEFENSE and are OFFENSE doesnt have to dig out of holes all the time.....

DrGraves
01-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Why did our team suck? Our offensive line sucked and our defensive line sucked.

STOP TRYING TO GET JERSEY SELLING PLAYERS. SIGN PLAYERS WHO ACTUALLY MAKE YOUR TEAM BETTER.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Low tight spirals, what exactly does Edwards throw?

Slim
01-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Low tight spirals, what exactly does Edwards throw?

Apperantly he grips the ball sideways and throws with his left arm.

acehole
01-14-2009, 06:30 PM
Now now....it was philage3 who said when looking at the qb position one must only look at the qb.

23rd in the league doest cut it.

Why did our team suck? Our offensive line sucked and our defensive line sucked.

STOP TRYING TO GET JERSEY SELLING PLAYERS. SIGN PLAYERS WHO ACTUALLY MAKE YOUR TEAM BETTER.

Saratoga Slim
01-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Yes, we're committed to Edwards for 2009. This is an academic discussion.

The only caveat I'd put on this is if his shoulder turns out to be something that threatens this season. IF that's the case, I think it might be a little more likely that we look to draft a QB.

I agree with everyone here that has said Defense needs to be the priority. Followed by TE and C, in my opinion.

PECKERWOOD
01-14-2009, 06:48 PM
You should always be looking to upgrade the QB position. Sanchez wouldn't be a bad pick -- I like Stafford alot more, though. Why would you want to pass on a potential franchise QB, again? People are saying draft defense, draft defense!! But didn't we draft defense by passing on Cutler and taking Whitner? Where did that get us exactly? Take Stafford or Sanchez -- whatever one falls to us and hopefully Edwards plays like a franchise QB, if not we goto plan b. Best case scenario, both QB's pan out and we have our man -- worst case scenario, neither of them pan out. Why neglect the most important position on offense? Hindsight is 20/20 and I've learned my lesson from history, if a franchise QB falls to you, you had better take him.

Jeff1220
01-14-2009, 08:34 PM
You should always be looking to upgrade the QB position. Sanchez wouldn't be a bad pick -- I like Stafford alot more, though. Why would you want to pass on a potential franchise QB, again? People are saying draft defense, draft defense!! But didn't we draft defense by passing on Cutler and taking Whitner? Where did that get us exactly? Take Stafford or Sanchez -- whatever one falls to us and hopefully Edwards plays like a franchise QB, if not we goto plan b. Best case scenario, both QB's pan out and we have our man -- worst case scenario, neither of them pan out. Why neglect the most important position on offense? Hindsight is 20/20 and I've learned my lesson from history, if a franchise QB falls to you, you had better take him.

I agree completely. I wouldn't be upset if we ended up with a Brees/Rivers situation. Remember, Brees looked like a bust until the year Rivers was drafted. And San Diego didn't turn into a perennial playoff team until the QB position stepped it up that year.

DBrown77
01-14-2009, 08:38 PM
does everyone think that if we draft a first round QB that it will solve our problems and they will be the franchise QB their first year? You don't know if you will get Jamarcus Russell, Leinart, or Matt Ryan.

Defense wins championships. Defense gets you to the playoffs.

lukabrossi
01-15-2009, 06:59 AM
Give Trent one more year......and if it don't work out then fire his ass.

justasportsfan
01-15-2009, 09:51 AM
This staff is most likely to draft another McCargo. "lets grab a light DT for the cover 2"

X-Era
01-15-2009, 05:03 PM

The problem is, I dont see any scenario where Detroit, KC, maybe SF or STL could let a franchise QB pass by...

However, Id say the most likely destinations for Stafford would be Det or KC, if he falls past both, I could see a version where he makes it to us:

Detroit (0-16)- No one
St. Louis (2-14)- Do they really believe it can never be Bulger? It wasnt so long ago...
Kansas City (2-14)- Croyle? NO
Seattle (4-12)- Hasselbeck for the near future
Cleveland (4-12)- Quinn
Cincinnati (4-11-1)- Palmer
Oakland (5-11)- Russell
Jacksonville (5-11)- Garrard
Green Bay (6-10)- Rogers
San Francisco (7-9)- Still have a ton invested in Smith

yordad
01-15-2009, 05:43 PM
The problem is, I dont see any scenario where Detroit, KC, maybe SF or STL could let a franchise QB pass by...

However, Id say the most likely destinations for Stafford would be Det or KC, if he falls past both, I could see a version where he makes it to us:

Detroit (0-16)- No one
St. Louis (2-14)- Do they really believe it can never be Bulger? It wasnt so long ago...
Kansas City (2-14)- Croyle? NO
Cleveland (4-12)- Quinn
Oakland (5-11)- Russell
Green Bay (6-10)- Rogers
San Francisco (7-9)- Still have a ton invested in SmithSan Fran gave up on Smith. Hasselbeck is getting old. And Croyle? I don't know...

I do not want a QB. No one can prove one of them is a franchise QB, and no one can prove Trent isn't.

Alot can happen before the draft, but for now......Defense please.

PECKERWOOD
01-15-2009, 06:00 PM
San Fran gave up on Smith. Hasselbeck is getting old. And Croyle? I don't know...

I do not want a QB. No one can prove one of them is a franchise QB, and no one can prove Trent isn't.

Alot can happen before the draft, but for now......Defense please.

I tell ya what.. Trade Schobel for a 3rd and cut Kelsay, sign UFA's Bertrand Berry and Paul Spicer. Our team immediately comes better and it would be a much cheaper alternative. I would bet you 20 bucks that Spicer and Berry would get 5+ sacks each and plus they would be a force in run support.

yordad
01-15-2009, 07:03 PM
If the best QB falls to you in the draft, you will have the attention of a lot of teams. You should be able to swing a pretty sweet deal.

streetkings01
01-15-2009, 07:08 PM
I'll pass on any QB that doesn't actually make his team better! Sanchez did nothing at USC that any other QB wouldn't have been able to do with all that talent plus playing in a weak conference! Leinart, Booty and now Sanchez.......all QB's that are fortunate to be playing on a very talented USC team. Kind of reminds me of all those Gators QBs that always seemed to be part of the Heisman talk!

RedEyE
01-16-2009, 07:20 AM
I don't think the Bills will have a QB targetd high on the list of off season necessities, but I do think they will have their feelers out there for a decent veteran in the event Edwards is infact injury prone. Not to mention Losman's days in Buffalo are most likely numbered.

Jan Reimers
01-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Here's what I have been trying to say:

1.)We have at least three positions where we have such a clear and complete lack of talent that there is a direct, negative impact on our performance: DE, OLB (the Ellison spot) and C. These positions need to be addressed first.

2.)We have three or four positions where we are not nearly as effective as we should be, but there is some talent, and/or some potential: DT (Stroud is good, Williams is decent, Johnson is good in rotation. Another starting caliber player would help, as Williams might be a better rotational guy.); WR (Hardy and Johnson both have potential as #2s, where we need help. An experienced FA might make sense here, to give the two young guys time to develop.); TE (Fine and Schouman have a chance.); Safety (there is some talent here, but we may need to look at FS.)

3.)All of the above positions should be addressed before QB, where we have a 3rd year guy who has shown promise, and would benefit from an upgrade at C, a legitimate #2 WR and a pass catching TE.

justasportsfan
01-16-2009, 10:17 AM

1.)We have at least three positions where we have such a clear and complete lack of talent that there is a direct, negative impact on our performance: DE, OLB (the Ellison spot) and C. These positions need to be addressed first.

We have three or four positions where we are not nearly as effective as we should be, but there is some talent, and/or some potential: DT (Stroud is good, Williams is decent, Johnson is good in rotation. Another starting caliber player would help, as Williams might be a better rotational guy.); WR (Hardy and Johnson both have potential as #2s, where we need help. An experienced FA might make sense here, to give the two young guys time to develop.); TE (Fine and Schouman have a chance.); Safety (there is some talent here, but we may need to look at FS.)

All of the above positions should be addressed before QB, where we have a 3rd year guy who has shown promise, and would benefit from an upgrade at C, a legitimate #2 WR and a pass catching TE.

Add an OC who doesn't have to copy other teams' playbook and we're set.

bflojohn
01-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Trent Edwards needs more on offense to succeed at the NFL level. Does anyone realize that this team with addition like, oh say, Brandon Pettigrew and Alex Mack in the draft would vault this team into the top 10 in all likelihood! If the Bills added a bonified #2WR like Houshmandzadeh, the results would be astounding. Concentrate all the efforts in free agency into signing Ellisons' replacement and maybe a DE or two would help too (sarcasm!!). I personally think that this draft has talent at positions the Bills really need to bolster. Trade down if a franchise QB is there, and parlay that into a solid unit offensively and maybe Trent Edwards will produce the way a franchise QB should. I think the jury should still be "out" until he gets help....

acehole
01-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Ta ta ta...we cant go here as per philage3, trap and others football geniuses.

We dont need anything else but better qb play.

Mater of fact according to funtimesyea not to long ago the qb is now responsible for run and pass defense....

I know you may not have been around much....but stick around you will learn so much football from those 3 alone you could coach and GM your own PFL team or potato football league team.

Anyway only stat that maters in the end is win loss.

And we went 7-9 this year with the Trent Edward choice.

yea yea yea but he got hurt...well that counts.

Can that jury plead insanity? or is that only for the defendent.

Trent Edwards needs more on offense to succeed at the NFL level. Does anyone realize that this team with addition like, oh say, Brandon Pettigrew and Alex Mack in the draft would vault this team into the top 10 in all likelihood! If the Bills added a bonified #2WR like Houshmandzadeh, the results would be astounding. Concentrate all the efforts in free agency into signing Ellisons' replacement and maybe a DE or two would help too (sarcasm!!). I personally think that this draft has talent at positions the Bills really need to bolster. Trade down if a franchise QB is there, and parlay that into a solid unit offensively and maybe Trent Edwards will produce the way a franchise QB should. I think the jury should still be "out" until he gets help....

acehole
01-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Again the better model then...here is a crappy team boy....now take them to the big game.

They wont do it Jan..it cost to much and makes to much sense...

2.)We have three or four positions where we are not nearly as effective as we should be, but there is some talent, and/or some potential: DT (Stroud is good, Williams is decent, Johnson is good in rotation. Another starting caliber player would help, as Williams might be a better rotational guy.); WR (Hardy and Johnson both have potential as #2s, where we need help. An experienced FA might make sense here, to give the two young guys time to develop.); TE (Fine and Schouman have a chance.); Safety (there is some talent here, but we may need to look at FS.)

3.)All of the above positions should be addressed before QB, where we have a 3rd year guy who has shown promise, and would benefit from an upgrade at C, a legitimate #2 WR and a pass catching TE.

Ingtar33
01-16-2009, 04:43 PM

absolutely and completely accurate.

tat2dmike77
01-16-2009, 05:47 PM

Detroit (0-16)- No one
Kansas City (2-14)- Croyle? NO But Thigpen did play well
Cleveland (4-12)- Quinn
Oakland (5-11)- Russell
Green Bay (6-10)- Rogers
San Francisco (7-9)- Still have a ton invested in Smith

But Edwards is the golden boy.

X-Era
01-17-2009, 08:14 AM
But Edwards is the golden boy.

It doesnt matter what you or I think, but what the Bills think...

Do you really think they would pull the trigger if Stafford fell?