PDA

View Full Version : This draft is losing a lot of talent

jpdex12
01-14-2009, 09:21 PM
with so many under classmen staying for another year. Better make hay while the sun shines in the first few rounds cause I wouldn't expect to find many jewels later in the draft this year.

DraftBoy
01-14-2009, 09:27 PM
with so many under classmen staying for another year. Better make hay while the sun shines in the first few rounds cause I wouldn't expect to find many jewels later in the draft this year.

I have to disagree the WR and DE classes are completely loaded, S has quite a few late round prospects, I like the QB late round options along with the entire OL. DT, LB, and CB are weaker but never will all the positions be loaded at the same time.

psubills62
01-15-2009, 09:13 AM
I have to disagree the WR and DE classes are completely loaded, S has quite a few late round prospects, I like the QB late round options along with the entire OL. DT, LB, and CB are weaker but never will all the positions be loaded at the same time.

I am really loving how deep the WR class is. There are so many 2nd-tier prospects, imo (with guys like Crabtree, Maclin on the 1st tier), that we could get a very solid receiver in the 4th-6th rounds.

X-Era
01-15-2009, 04:44 PM
I agree on WR, where guys with size and decent hands can really help a team. But at DE, I think you really need to be a good one to help alot... I think theres only a few that really stand out, but that the depth is good: Johnson, Brown, Maybin, and Orakpo... a notable drop after that. I think its then Kruger, Barwin, maybe English, and Jackson in the next tier... Jackson is the only one that Id really like out of that group.

I think the Bills can land the #1 or #2 DE on their list, and probably on everyone elses with the 11 pick.

At WR, I can see guys like Robiskie, Hartline, Nicks, Britt, Iglesias, Williams, maybe even Heyward Bey being there after round 1. I still kind of think Heyward Bey gets grabbed late round 1... troo much speed and production to have him fall too far.

PECKERWOOD
01-15-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm really bummed out that Hardy and Spikes went back, I was really hoping for either of those 2 guys. You will probably see both of those guys go in the top 20 next year. BTW, I think Bradford made the right decision to go back, he definately needs another year to mature. Sanchez probably should have gone back but if he lands on the right team.. i.e. somebody who maybe able to let him ride the bench for a year, it could do him alotta good.

jpdex12
01-15-2009, 11:00 PM

Think what you want but a lot of good talent is going to go fast early. I printed out a list of draftees early in the off season and I have been crossing out various names that have decided to stay. It is amazing at how many first round projected underclassmen I have crossed off the list. That means about a dozen players at least that might have slid to the second round aren't going to be there now. These players are staing in the NCAA for another year and almost all of these were going in the first round. You can say our second round pick won't be as good as it would have if these guys were all coming out!

Trent Williams T
Ciron Black T
Sam Bradford QB
Colt McCoy QB
Greg Hardy DE
George Selvie DE
Gerald McCoy DT
Terrence Cody DT
Taylor Mays S
Myron Rolle S
Brandon spikes ILB
CJ Spiller RB
Jermaine Gresham TE

DraftBoy
01-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Think what you want but a lot of good talent is going to go fast early. I printed out a list of draftees early in the off season and I have been crossing out various names that have decided to stay. It is amazing at how many first round projected underclassmen I have crossed off the list. That means about a dozen players at least that might have slid to the second round aren't going to be there now. These players are staing in the NCAA for another year and almost all of these were going in the first round. You can say our second round pick won't be as good as it would have if these guys were all coming out!

Trent Williams T
Ciron Black T
Sam Bradford QB
Colt McCoy QB
Greg Hardy DE
George Selvie DE
Gerald McCoy DT
Terrence Cody DT
Taylor Mays S
Myron Rolle S
Brandon spikes ILB
CJ Spiller RB
Jermaine Gresham TE

C. McCoy, Rolle and Spiller werent first round talents. G McCoy, and Williams were never really expected to declare. So you have have Black, Bradford, Hardy, Selvie, Cody, Mays, Spikes and Gresham really. The only ones who truly surprise me are Spikes and Gresham. Other than that I think they all made the correct decisions.

Mitchell55
01-16-2009, 01:50 PM
C. McCoy, Rolle and Spiller werent first round talents. G McCoy, and Williams were never really expected to declare. So you have have Black, Bradford, Hardy, Selvie, Cody, Mays, Spikes and Gresham really. The only ones who truly surprise me are Spikes and Gresham. Other than that I think they all made the correct decisions.

Mays made the right decision? He couldve been a top 10 pick as a safty.

DraftBoy
01-16-2009, 02:43 PM
He's not ready and he wouldn't of been a top 10 pick. Unlike most fans NFL scouts see that he has never lived up to his Freshman year where he was dynamite. His rumored projection was as a 1st-2nd round pick from the advisory committee.