I know its easy to watch Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xXSpIkes5IXx
    • Mar 2006

I know its easy to watch Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco...

...and think that drafting a first round QB will solve all of our problems. Everyone has to remember drafting a first round quarterback is one of the biggest risk/high reward picks out there, especially if your team is built to contend in the next year.

Truth be told, QB's like Flacco and Ryan who transform teams in their first year are VERY rare, and what exactly did Trent Edwards do wrong this past year? He had a stretch of about 3 bad games, which hurt indeed. However, the man showed guts, and ability to make all the throws. That being said 2009 is the year he needs to develop consistancy. He is still young and developing, and i personally am very confident in him.

this team needs pass rush in the worst way, playmakers on defense is what will take our D from an above average-middle of the road defense, to a top level defense. We need to solidify the middle of the offensive line, as well as get ourselves a tight end with soft hands. Our starting tight end Robert Royal had 33 catches last season, not exactly cutting it.

If we want to contend next year, taking a huge financial and on the field risk on a quarterback is not what this team needs, Trent CAN take us there, the guy gets it. We need to take care of these glaring needs in free agency and the draft, rather than chancing it on a QB

Re: I know its easy to watch Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco...

Idk.. The Bills have needs all over the field.

IMO you guys could use a CB,S, LB, DT, DE, QB, C, OL,TE, WR... Looking at your roster, the Bills have holes all over the field.

Idk if you guys want to start over, but sometimes a QB is the best way to start over.

Comment

• xXSpIkes5IXx
      • Mar 2006

Cornerback and defensive tackle?

you clearly have no idea what your talking about...

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

11 TDs - 10 INTs, is not impressive. We need to keep adding QB's each year until we hit the jackpot. Find somebody who can challenge Trent.

Comment

• realdealryan
          realdealrex
          • Nov 2005

Ummm....Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. Seems like 165 of the 8,165 members of this site want to work on the supporting cast.

Comment

• DrGraves
            • Mar 2008

If you think that drafting a first round QB will make this organization better in the near future...

You are the delusional.
            The game is won and lost at the line of scrimmage. If you have a good line like you can make any back look like barry sanders or rookie qb look like joe montana.

Draft positions that will actually help our team.

Comment

• Crazygoo
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by DrGraves
              Draft positions that will actually help our team.
              Agreed!!! There is no need to keep drafting qb's. We have one. We need a team around him.
              :chug: BEER ME!!!

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

yet another QB through the draft? How much waste are we going to have anyway? TE was the pick. If he doesn't pan out then our entire organization should step off a building because Cutler fell right into their lap and they let him go. They have no business taking a QB in the draft right now.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by xXSpIkes5IXx
                  ...and think that drafting a first round QB will solve all of our problems. Everyone has to remember drafting a first round quarterback is one of the biggest risk/high reward picks out there, especially if your team is built to contend in the next year.

Truth be told, QB's like Flacco and Ryan who transform teams in their first year are VERY rare, and what exactly did Trent Edwards do wrong this past year? He had a stretch of about 3 bad games, which hurt indeed. However, the man showed guts, and ability to make all the throws. That being said 2009 is the year he needs to develop consistancy. He is still young and developing, and i personally am very confident in him.

this team needs pass rush in the worst way, playmakers on defense is what will take our D from an above average-middle of the road defense, to a top level defense. We need to solidify the middle of the offensive line, as well as get ourselves a tight end with soft hands. Our starting tight end Robert Royal had 33 catches last season, not exactly cutting it.

If we want to contend next year, taking a huge financial and on the field risk on a quarterback is not what this team needs, Trent CAN take us there, the guy gets it. We need to take care of these glaring needs in free agency and the draft, rather than chancing it on a QB
                  I agree that Trent needs the reigns still, but I feel like he gets one more full year and unless hes significantly better, we need to start the search again.

But Why did you stop there on Flacco, out of the Championship teams only Arizona with Kurt Warner doesnt have a 1st round QB.

Its not sure thing, but it sure seems like it gives you the best chance to get a good one.

Comment

• lukabrossi
                    Senior Zoner
                    • Dec 2008

Trent showed guts, did he?......shut the hell up, boy. The guy played as well as he could, all things considered, but i saw a very scared and incompetent quarterback out there from week to week.....too afraid to throw the ball and make a play, so he's dumps it to his check-downs? That's not the way to win games.

He'll come along, i'm sure....but i think with Trent at the helm, we are going to have alot, alot of heartache. The kid deserves another year to lead this team and if it doesn't work for him, then fire his ass......and Jaurons.
                    I have spoken.

Comment

• TedMock
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lukabrossi
                      Trent showed guts, did he?......shut the hell up, boy. The guy played as well as he could, all things considered, but i saw a very scared and incompetent quarterback out there from week to week.....too afraid to throw the ball and make a play, so he's dumps it to his check-downs? That's not the way to win games.

He'll come along, i'm sure....but i think with Trent at the helm, we are going to have alot, alot of heartache. The kid deserves another year to lead this team and if it doesn't work for him, then fire his ass......and Jaurons.
                      I have spoken.
                      I understand what you're saying, but I don't necessarily agree. At least not completely. I do agree that he had been sketchy week to week and, at times, not willing to pull the trigger. I believe that this along with the dump offs were more a result of indecision than fear. Several times during the season he was willing to step into a blitz and take a hit. I think he has guts. I think he needs to have more faith in the WR's and in his own ability. The indecision is the biggest problem with me right now.

Comment

• lukabrossi
                        Senior Zoner
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by TedMock
                        I understand what you're saying, but I don't necessarily agree. At least not completely. I do agree that he had been sketchy week to week and, at times, not willing to pull the trigger. I believe that this along with the dump offs were more a result of indecision than fear. Several times during the season he was willing to step into a blitz and take a hit. I think he has guts. I think he needs to have more faith in the WR's and in his own ability. The indecision is the biggest problem with me right now.
                        Ya know....the more i thought about it, i think indecision was the word i was looking for.
                        Right on.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                          • Feb 2005

Flacco and Ryan would probably suck on the Bills because the 'suck' of the Bills runs so deep in the organization.

Comment

• TedMock
                            • Jul 2002

Also, Matt Ryan had a nice rookie year. No doubt. Flacco's team had a nice year, but his numbers aren't exactly world beaters. They're actually no better than Trent's. Flacco has a stronger arm, but he has certainly done his share of checking down as well. I do feel that Flacco will end up being very good, but I think he gets a little too much credit this year. Their defense is ridiculous and that really helps.

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by lukabrossi
                              Ya know....the more i thought about it, i think indecision was the word i was looking for.
                              Right on.
                              I don't think he was indecisive. I'm pretty sure he knew he was going to check down every time.
                              Originally posted by TedMock
                              Also, Matt Ryan had a nice rookie year. No doubt. Flacco's team had a nice year, but his numbers aren't exactly world beaters. They're actually no better than Trent's. Flacco has a stronger arm, but he has certainly done his share of checking down as well. I do feel that Flacco will end up being very good, but I think he gets a little too much credit this year. Their defense is ridiculous and that really helps.
                              That arm would look good in the swirling winds of the Ralph late season.
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                              X